Black Bean Burgers! Vegetarian friendly!!

Options
lolowink
lolowink Posts: 18
I got this out of the paper this week, and they were pretty great! High in protein and very filling.

1 19 oz can of black beans
1 cup of mushrooms
1/2 to 1 cup onion (to taste)
2-3 garlic cloves
1 egg
1 tablespoon cumin
salt
pepper
vegetable oil

Rinse off beans and toss half in blender. Blend for a bit and add mushrooms, onions, cloves, egg, and spices. Blend more. Add rest of beans blend. I didn't get mine totally purified, Left it pretty hearty. Just get everything mixed well. Form patties from mix. I got about 4 out of mine. The recipe says to brush the patties with vegetable oil and grill. I used no-stick spray and cooked them in a saute pan. I also served mine on portobello mushroom caps with spinach. Sriracha sauce goes great too!

I also suggest roasted potatoes as a side! The patties I made were under 150 calories, but plug your recipe into MFP and see what it says.

Replies

• frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    bump because i'm too lazy to c&p at the moment...
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    Yum! I'm definitely gonna make these.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yum... can't wait to try :D I love finding new homemade veg burger recipes (i'm a veg!)
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I recently bought the morningstar brand....the spicy black bean burger and it's so good but this sounds yummy and would be a lot less expensive. Thanks for sharing:)!
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    why doesnt anyone know how to spell ''LOSE" not loose on this freakin site?
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Options
    Sounds good, going to make them Saturday
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Recipe sounds good. Will definitely try it.

I usually don't reply to other posts but this irks me.

Lose verse Loose is a common typo when typing quickly. I'm sure people are well aware of the differences between the words. They aren't on here to get a grammar lesson.

Now come my questions. Why don't you know how to capitalize a sentence? Isn't there supposed to be an apostrophe in doesn't?
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options

Lose verse Loose is a common typo when typing quickly. I'm sure people are well aware of the differences between the words. They aren't on here to get a grammar lesson.

Now come my questions. Why don't you know how to capitalize a sentence? Isn't there supposed to be an apostrophe in doesn't?

Recipe sounds great! And I definitely agree, it is not a big deal. Chill a bit.
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    bump, yummy!
  • hollykmckinney
    Options
    Bump, thank you!!!
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    Ohh, love making black bean burgers. Curry powder makes a nice seasoning with it (usually I use a small amount of black bean soy sauce as well.)
  • Roszepoo
    Roszepoo Posts: 46
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Roszepoo
    Roszepoo Posts: 46
    Options
    I love the answer you got-please think about it. (To the angry member regarding the words "lose" and "loose")
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    So i accidentiakkt blended it too much and it became a great chips dip and taco ingredient for all the people living here ha, they loved it.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Will make for dinner tomorrow.:glasses:
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oh I really want to try this! I'm not a vegetarian but I make plenty of vegetarian dinners for myself (just easier sometimes too!). I have a can of black beans I'm not sure what to do with, now I do! Thanks for sharing!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, I will have to try this recipie out for sure!
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    bump sounds yummy :0)
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love Morningstar's black bean burger, but this sounds great! Going to save it so I can make some this week. :)

I love seeing the grammar police get busted. ROFL
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    bump :love: