Accountability buddy

Options
I struggle so much with staying on track and holding myself accountable. I have a very busy life. I'm a full time college student who has two jobs and who is also planning a wedding. Staying on track is so hard for me. I think if I had someone that could hold me accountable and keep me in check everyday that I would stick to the goals I have set for myself. However, I don't want to ask a friend or my fiancé because I feel that they will eventually say, "hey you work really hard. You don't need to worry about this now. I love you the way you are." Which is totally wonderful that I have such a supportive fiancé and friends, but I really need someone to say "so, did you avoid soda today?" I need that person to hold me accountable. Any takers?!?! Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• SpartanSoldier801
    SpartanSoldier801 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would but I'm in the same boat!
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It is definitely hard to stay on track!! I just need someone to remind me of why I am doing what I am doing!
  • AnneBrader
    AnneBrader Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there ! Have you found someone to help you stay accountability ? If not I'd love to help you stay on track :)
  • kirstendawm
    Options
    I actually haven't yet Anne!
  • kathleencooper535
    Options
    If you put down the soda I will put down the Milky Way
  • SpartanSoldier801
    Options
    If you put down your milky way, I'll put down the pizza.
  • kirstendawm
    Options
    Soda is down!
  • SpartanSoldier801
    Options
    Pizza is down!
  • cobainbuzz
    cobainbuzz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I need help/friends too. I do pretty good 3 or 4 days in a row, then i end up in a binge and get real depressed and upset with myself. I want 2016 to be my year! Im ready to shed the extra weight for good. I want to lose 85lbs
  • kirstendawm
    Options
    cobainbuzz wrote: »
    I need help/friends too. I do pretty good 3 or 4 days in a row, then i end up in a binge and get real depressed and upset with myself. I want 2016 to be my year! Im ready to shed the extra weight for good. I want to lose 85lbs

I have the similar problem as you. I will do good for a few days and then I give in. I can never stick with it. Sometimes I just get so discouraged that I give up. But I don't want to do that anymore!
  • Amby6912
    Amby6912 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I definitely need an accountability buddy! I love, love, love Dr. Pepper. It is the reason I am having trouble with this last 15 lbs. So I definitely need someone who will help keep me from going overboard with the soda.
  • ontosinc297
    ontosinc297 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about starting a group to help with accountability? It's good to have friends on here that will see your diary but it's easy to get lost in the noise. If you started a small group with just the people on this thread you could keep much more focused. Maybe keep it limited to 10 or 12 people that are committed to staying active in the group and providing encouragement, advice and accountability. Just a thought. I'd be happy to start one if there's enough interest.
  • sthoma13
    sthoma13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I post a lot on my profile and always comment on others when they are struggling. I have been using MFP on and off for 2 years. Currently trying to lose about 10 lbs but most importantly training for a half marathon and trying to properly fuel my body for performance. I also post fun healthy recipes that I've tried and loved. Add me if you'd like (anyone!)
  • kawinger
    kawinger Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is definitely what I need. I'll add you now!
  • KristenEmSoftly
    KristenEmSoftly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too guys! I will comment the *kitten* out of your diaries, comments, and weight loss. And please give me motivation on keeping my food diary entries reasonable
  • kel311990
    kel311990 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey! if you haven't found an accountability buddy yet let me know.. I need one myself
  • barrski145
    barrski145 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been on MPF for three years now. I've dropped 60 pounds, gained 20 back since last summer and just dropped 5 again. I am training for my 2 triathlon (missed last summer from a knee injury) and like giving and receiving feed back. I'm not extremely strict on my diet but I try lol. I am very committed to training though. But I'm limited to what I can do. I've had my right shoulder reconstructed (rotator cuff) and my left is going to need surgery soon. Both knees have arthritis and my lower lumbar have deteriorated and compressed discs. Basically I'm a wreck lol. But I get up everyday and don't use any excuses. I swim 3-4 days a week 1.5 - 2 miles a day and do Plyometrics. I run and bike when the weather permits and when it doesn't I go to the treadmill, elliptical and stationary bikes. I push myself to my limits every workout.

If you want to add me for and to give support I will try to push you like I push myself.
  • amber22vanessa
    amber22vanessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in too....in the same situation. Work long shifts and have a big event coming up later this year!
  • EmilyG34
    EmilyG34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want one more person to hold you accountable and support you! Busy schedules and "Just the way you are" friends and family can definitely work against you. I have that too!
  • one2bskiny
    one2bskiny Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies. Accountability is my struggle also. Been doing good so far, 20 + days in so far. Motivation is awesome. Gets me moving.