Ready to finally commit and looking for friends!

Options
kmratliff
kmratliff Posts: 16 Member
I'm looking to loose about 90-100 pounds this year. I've been on MFP for awhile and have never been very committed. I like my body as it is and have accomplished personal fitness goals like running 5 and 10k races despite my size. I've let myself believe that my weight is not an issue.

What has motivated me to want to lose this weight is my realization that the regardless of my good blood pressure, and numbers, and fitness, the weight is holding me back. My knees hurt. Sometimes my ankles hurt. It is just too much weight for my frame. My husband and I hope to adopt soon and I want to be able to play with my kid and not get winded. I want to sit in the antique rocking chair we have and not worry about breaking it.

My plan is simple right now: log daily, stay under my calorie goal, exercise or walk for 30 minutes a day.
I'm finally ready to commit. I'm really afraid that I won't be able to stay motivated. I am looking for accountability partners and friends who are in it for the long haul. Please add me if that is you!

Replies

• tpiercy66
    tpiercy66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I down loaded the app yesterday and logged my food today for the first time on here. I'm trying to figure out all the ins and outs of this site.

It IS scary getting started, worried about not following thru.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    While I don't have have much to lose, I feel exactly the same way you describe. About 6 years ago, I took on a challenge to cycle for 200km over 2 days. Took a ton of training for this couch potato - but I did it! It completely changed my view of myself and I learned how to canoe, started hiking for 3-5 hrs, learned to play tennis, and have even successfully completed an 8 hr adventure race - twice. Surely I was fit enough not to have to stress about a few extra pounds.

Fast forward a few years and I have been having trouble with far more aches and pains than a 36 year old should. My body feels like I am in my forties or worse. I injured both my knee and my elbow.

This is not the life I want to live. I want to travel, explore, see, do. I want to grow old with my husband. I want to be a wacky, adventurous grandma. I have made many attempt to lose weight over the weekend 20 years. This time feels different. I am serious an committed.

I am still figuring MFP out but do add me if you like :)
  • kmratliff
    Options
    Thank you everyone. @totaldetermination I will check out the motivation journal thread. Good idea!
  • judywiggins
    judywiggins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck to Kmratliff. I'm with you...I have stopped and started so many times, but I woke up this morning with a new resolve. I have packed my bag to go to water aerobics this evening. I will send you a friends request and together let's see if this is the last time we stop and start.
  • kmratliff
    Options
    @judywiggins looking forward to connecting!

Everyone I've posted my first journal. I actually really enjoy writing, so I hope to update this daily. It was sort of therapeutic to write down where I'm at. Please follow along and add me. I need all the help and support that I can get!

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10322483/my-2016-transformation?new=1
  • falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also starting over and this time, it is happening. I have about 70+ lbs to lose, and despite being relatively fit for an overweight gal, I'm also feeling it on my knees and ankles. And like you, I'm hoping to have a little person in my life in the near future and don't want to be unable to play with them. Sounds like we have some similar goals, would love to support you! :) Amanda
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Me too! Been on and off for too many years.
  • Janehds0284
    Janehds0284 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off, reading the discussions helps me but I never be bothered to log anything until 7 days ago and I found it even better!! I should have done long time ago.

I am trying to lose my pregnancy weight which I am on track. I just add you :)

anyone who's looking for MFP friends pls also feel free to add me.