Not loosing

Options
I am exercising regularly, eating 1200 calories. Not eating rice & junk. Sometimes I just eat 1 bar of kitkat. But still not loosing. I also drink lemon in lukewarm water empty stomach every morning. Drinking 3 litre water. My weight is the same since 5 months

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You need to tighten up your logging. You are not in a deficit. Don't use quick add calories.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat as long as you are sticking to a caloric defict. Not eating rice or having lemon water makes no difference. How are you measuring these 1200 calories? Are you using a food scale or eye balling your portion sizes? 1200 calories is very low for most people. If you aren't losing weight, then you are eating more than you think
  • ZainabHafeedh
    ZainabHafeedh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That are extra calories I maybe not eat that but just incase I add them.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You need to tighten up your logging. You are not in a deficit. Don't use quick add calories.

This. You also need to log every single day.

Please take a look at this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    That are extra calories I maybe not eat that but just incase I add them.

But they're not accurate. If you're not losing weight, ensuring accuracy is step #1. Until you do that, nothing else matters.

What's your current height and weight?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    get a food scale
    accurately log everything

check back in in four weeks
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It looks like you've skipped logging about 12 of the last 26 days. I know it's hard to keep up with, but it looks like you need to be more consistent.
  • moonetter
    moonetter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, log in every day and log everything that you eat. Be accurate when you measure your food. Eat clean and workout everyday. You'll see results.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    moonetter wrote: »
    Don't give up, log in every day and log everything that you eat. Be accurate when you measure your food. Eat clean and workout everyday. You'll see results.

The advice to log daily, log everything, and measure accurately is good.

But "eating clean" is irrelevant for weight loss. Working out, while great for fitness, isn't necessary to lose weight. OP just needs to create a deficit, which can be done with a variety of foods and can include working out daily, a few times a week, or never.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

You don't have to eat clean if you don't want to, just eat in a caloric deficit. OP did you see what I wrote before. Look up ^^^^ you haven't answered any of the questions ppl asked you.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

+1
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It looks like you tend to not log on the weekend...this is a mistake, because a weekly deficit can easily be blown through in 1 day of over-eating. Consistency is key. :) And hang in there, this is a long learning process for everyone.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what you eat as long as you are sticking to a caloric defict. Not eating rice or having lemon water makes no difference. How are you measuring these 1200 calories? Are you using a food scale or eye balling your portion sizes? 1200 calories is very low for most people. If you aren't losing weight, then you are eating more than you think

+1
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

agree with everything except the clean eating part.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? What is your BMR and where did you get the 1200 kcal per day? Was it calculated by MFP?
    From what you told us, my best guess is that you are underestimating how many calories you are consuming.
    Are you cooking your meals or eating out? If you're cooking them use recipe builder to know exactly how much you eat.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    muj57fr1ipvs.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K
  • ZainabHafeedh
    Options
    Yes homemade means I cook it. How can I measure the meals accurately. Its so confusing :'(
  • ZainabHafeedh
    Options
    My height is 155.5 cm & weight 64 kgs. Last year I was 72 kgs. No doubt I lost weight Alhamdulillah. But now it stopped its fluctuating between 63-64 kgs not less than that. I want to be 57 kgs In Shaa Allah.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I find that if you stay at same routine, your body adapts and that is why there's no new changes, whereas if you create a new change, you get a get a new response. This is what I think. For me, when I was stagnant I challenged myself more at gym and that did the trick. Also, I increased my calories based on what trainer told me. She said if you dont eat enough your body will hold onto the fat because it needs nourishment. This was actually true. I ate more, and I have more energy to do more and am kicking butt at gym. I actually feel I've never had this much energy, and I am hardly ever hungry.
  • ZainabHafeedh
    Options
    Thanks alot. Do you mean change in exercise? I am doing Leslie's 4 miles walk 5 days/week.

Actually I stopped exercising from June, because I had my final exams & plus Ramadhan so we have to fast. I could not exercise during that period. I resumed exercise from 14th Dec 2015, its been a month & so but nothing happend.