What are your favorite greek yogurt mix-ins/toppings?

Options
Tatarataa
Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
Looking for delicious (plain) greek yogurt mix-inx/toppings...thank you!

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Some honey berries and nuts.

Just honey

Just berries or banana or pineapple

Chocolate either shaved or some chocolate chips

Mix with pudding of your choice for something a little more decadent

I actually use yogurt for mostly savory things. I add it to mexican food and I like mixing with seeded chopped cucumber, minced garlic clove, dash dill and salt for a yummy veg dip or topping for burgers or gyro. It's good mixed with salsa for a tortilla chip dip. Mix in with some marinara sauce for creaminess on pasta or veg.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Protein powder (Quest - didn't get as good results with other kinds), with sometimes some berries too.
    PB2 or nut butter and a bit of stevia
    Jam

My favorite is chestnut cream but it's pretty much pure sugar so it's a twice a year treat, if that.

For a savory dip/sauce, I mix some Dijon mustard, salt and pepper - great on baked potatoes or white fish (then I add some lemon juice and dill too).
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    blueberries, shelled pumpkin seeds (unsalted), shelled hemp seeds and maple syrup
    honey, cherries (frozen this time of year) and either chopped pistachios or almonds
    Chopped pear, cinnamon or clove, and chopped hazelnuts
    Probably not the healthiest option, but jam/preserves are so very delicious.
    And granola is an oldie but a goodie!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    PB2, Melaleuca chocolate shake powder, ground flax, chopped apples. Sometimes all of the above.

Granola sometimes.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I get a honey flavored yogurt.
    Nutmeg, prunes, toasted sliced almonds, mandarin oranges, peaches or dried cranberries are things I add sometimes.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, sliced almonds, ground flax and unsweetened coconut.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Pecans+maple syrup
    Peanuts+honey
    Walnuts+honey
    Almond butter+maple syrup
    Almonds+dulce de leche
    Walnuts+maple syrup
    Cashew butter+maple syrup
    Hazelnut butter+maple syrup
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Ice cream (flavor options are limitless). And Nutella. And I like a dollop in my oatmeal (which is most often flavored to taste like a cookie). And that's about it.

Otherwise, I generally use Greek yogurt in savory dishes like as a sub for sour cream or cream.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I eat overnight oats twice per day, every day:

1 fat-free Greek yogurt
    1/4 cup of oats
    1/2 scoop of protein powder

Mix, let sit for a few hours, and enjoy.
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Ice cream (flavor options are limitless). And Nutella. And I like a dollop in my oatmeal (which is most often flavored to taste like a cookie). And that's about it.

Otherwise, I generally use Greek yogurt in savory dishes like as a sub for sour cream or cream.

Can you sub plain yogurt for any sour cream? Or is there a trick to it?
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like to mix in a serving of granola (I like some crunch in my food.) and a small banana.
  • mikeastarcher
    mikeastarcher Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1 small container of Oikos fat free plain Greek Yogurt
    1/2 tbsp Honey
    1 cup of Strawberries cut into small wedges and or lightly smashed.
    1/4 tbsp of chia seeds (They mix in with the strawberry seeds if you smash them)
    2 packs of Stevia
    1/2 tbsp of Vanilla extract

Mix it up the day before and let it sit in the fridge over night to properly blend.

It is a great pre-workout breakfast with a hard boiled egg.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just some freshly cut pineapple and a smidge of the juice from the bottom of the Tupperware bowl. Amazingly sweet and lots of vitamin C!
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I recently sprinkled some Froot Loops on my key lime greek yogurt. It was amazing.
    quzzdragon wrote: »

I use plain greek yogurt straight up as sour cream. I know some people who think it tastes different, but it tastes almost exactly the same to me.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I ate my Greek Yogurt at snack time with Pringles chips.
    I had Greek Yogurt with cooked steel-cut oats, raisins, cinnamon, and peanut butter for breakfast.

Frankly, it goes in anywhere I can imagine it.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I recently sprinkled some Froot Loops on my key lime greek yogurt. It was amazing.

I use plain greek yogurt straight up as sour cream. I know some people who think it tastes different, but it tastes almost exactly the same to me.

For me personally the brand matters! It must be a mild, less tangy yogurt, preferably with fat content, and then it's a dead ringer for sour cream!
    First time I tried substituting I used Chobani fat free, and my meal was a sour disaster. Now I use 2% Fage for all things creamy. My BF loves it straight up on tortilla chips.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I just had plain greek yogurt with chia seeds, hemp hearts and frozen mixed fruit (berries and peaches) that I mixed in about an hour before eating (I take breakfast to work and eat there). Delicious and super healthy!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    kmsoucy457 wrote: »

For me personally the brand matters! It must be a mild, less tangy yogurt, preferably with fat content, and then it's a dead ringer for sour cream!
    First time I tried substituting I used Chobani fat free, and my meal was a sour disaster. Now I use 2% Fage for all things creamy. My BF loves it straight up on tortilla chips.

Do you really notice the difference? I use yogurt with 10% fat and it's delicious; 2% is almost fat free to me.
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Frozen berries
    Bear Naked Cinnamon Protein Granola - carefully weighed in grams
    PB 2
  • Soudana
    Soudana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Berries! Blueberries and raspberries are my favorite. As well as chia seeds. If it's too sour, I add a little honey, but I try not to overdo that. Mango and apple slices can be very good, too.