Cut out zero calorie soda/drinks?

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    It has sodium bicarbonate in it which sounds like junk and scares me.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie drinks, in and of themselves, have no effect on weight loss.

Indirectly - maybe (for example, if you find yourself eating something every time you have one)

This
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    When I start having sweets, even artificial, I start wanting sweetened things. Now that don't have added sweeteners, I think I am enjoying the taste of plain foods again.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I switched from regular Coke to Coke Zero last month. I don't see any reason to give those up. I do have one regular Coke every week when I go to a resturant.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

They use that stuff in a process called "soda blasting" definitely stay away.

I heard they use that stuff in chicken from KFC too, so I never touch it.......that has nothing to do with all of our KFC's closing and are now Popeye's, but that's beside the point B)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

It also has DHMO in it so I think we should be afraid ! Many deaths per year are linked to it ! Lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

As long as you can pronounce it, it is good for you
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda for the bulk of my fluids and it has had absolutely zero impact on my weight loss. It has had absolutely zero impact on my cravings. (It doesn't cause any.) Almost 60 lbs since July. I'm good with it.

10382200.png
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I personally have noticed some trends with diet soda sort of causing me to crave sweets but I really will never entirely give them up. Aside from diet coke and pepsi, I like those Sparkling ICEE drinks a lot. I do not like La Croix.
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My DS suffers from intestine spasms on a daily basis and we think artificial sugar in diet drinks make it worse, just saying on a gut bacteria level we, for the foreseeable future, are not drinking diet sodas. Therefore it mightn't be calorie dense but it could be affecting digestion.
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just do what works for you. Cutting it out had zero effect on my weight loss, but I made a conscious effort to reduce artificial sweeteners in my diet, which helped me get my sugar cravings under control. Now I drink diet soda maybe once a month, or less.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    bfitgirl wrote: »
    My DS suffers from intestine spasms on a daily basis and we think artificial sugar in diet drinks make it worse, just saying on a gut bacteria level we, for the foreseeable future, are not drinking diet sodas. Therefore it mightn't be calorie dense but it could be affecting digestion.

yaknow an individual's response to different substances they ingest is just that .. individual

Yes it is possible that one of the ingredients in soda is affecting his gut - quite possibly the gas

Hope he gets some relief soon .. my DS is similar and we have still to find any relief beyond 'manning up and dealing'
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't drink them often because I get bored of them if I drink them for more than 2 days in a row, but when I do drink soda I notice I eat less because it increases the volume of my meals. I actually utilized them particularly for that purpose when I first started intermittent fasting to get through fast days. Once I stopped feeling hungry on fast days my intake slowed down to maybe 2-3 a month, if that, but they definitely did not affect my weight loss negatively when I had them more often.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive lost close to 80 pounds drinking zero calorie sodas.

i drink far more water than soda, but i have at least one soda a day LOL
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I was drinking way too much Pepsi max which is sugar free, it started to affect my sleep patterns and general moods, probably to do with all the chemicals and caffeine.

I have since cut right down and have slept so much better, in regards to weight loss it hasn't seemed to make a difference
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    Nachise wrote: »
    I cut them out entirely almost 10 years ago. I had a medical condition that made me sodium sensitive, and while drinking one soda doesn't have that much sodium, drinking several, or a two liter bottle does have a bit of sodium. I cut them out entirely because of the chemical stew. Personal choice, but I don't miss them at all. That took a while.

A two liter bottle of diet coke has around 240 mg of sodium, or about as much as half a bagel, one bowl of cereal or two slices of bread. Most people don't drink anywhere near that amount.

Did I mention that I had a medical condition that made me sodium sensitive? I believe I also mentioned it's a matter of personal choice?

By golly! Yes, I did!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Tenster wrote: »
    I was drinking way too much Pepsi max which is sugar free, it started to affect my sleep patterns and general moods, probably to do with all the chemicals and caffeine.

I have since cut right down and have slept so much better, in regards to weight loss it hasn't seemed to make a difference

Chemicals no caffeine yes. Pepsi max has twice the amount of caffeine as normal diet Pepsi
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    I cut them out entirely almost 10 years ago. I had a medical condition that made me sodium sensitive, and while drinking one soda doesn't have that much sodium, drinking several, or a two liter bottle does have a bit of sodium. I cut them out entirely because of the chemical stew. Personal choice, but I don't miss them at all. That took a while.

A two liter bottle of diet coke has around 240 mg of sodium, or about as much as half a bagel, one bowl of cereal or two slices of bread. Most people don't drink anywhere near that amount.

Did I mention that I had a medical condition that made me sodium sensitive? I believe I also mentioned it's a matter of personal choice?

By golly! Yes, I did!

That's as much sodium as in water. Do you drink distilled?
  • Sredster
    Sredster Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I drank diet sodas my whole life because my dad is Diabetic and couldn't have the regular kind. As soon as I cut out diet sodas (really any soda or sugary/fake surgery drink) I noticed significant changes. I wasn't bloated all the time, my stomach aches went away, and I dropped a few pounds. Just by cutting that out. When I drink a diet soda now I never feel good after it. I definitely think that cutting out diet soda is beneficial to weight loss.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Sredster wrote: »
    I drank diet sodas my whole life because my dad is Diabetic and couldn't have the regular kind. As soon as I cut out diet sodas (really any soda or sugary/fake surgery drink I noticed significant changes. I wasn't bloated all the time, my stomach aches went away, and I dropped a few pounds. Just by cutting that out. When I drink a diet soda now I never feel good after it. I definitely think that cutting out diet soda is beneficial to weight loss.

For you it helped lose a bit of water weight but there are lots of people that can drink it without bloating or pain so it wouldn't cause them to lose weight to stop