Question about yogurt and yeast infection?

Options
13»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    kstanciu wrote: »
    If you're not allergic to coconut, I would consider taking coconut oil capsules. I was having an ongoing issue caused by other prescription medications but once I started taking coconut oil I have not had the issue since (I've also been able to stop taking some of the meds since I started the coconut oil therapy. Use only 100% organic extra virgin coconut oil capsules. If you want to start the process asap you can get some 100% organic extra virgin coconut oil and use a coated tampon for vaginal delivery. If you can't find the capsules, you can also eat the oil, either way, start slow as it can give you diarrhea if you take too much by mouth at a time. It is a natural anti fungal, anti microbial and will seek out other infection in the body. If you don't start slow and work up, you could also experience flu like symptoms. I now take 4000mg per day.

It "will seek out" infections. Please. Stop.
    The op has a doctor. And a prescription.

So far we've packed her vagina with coconut oil, yogurt, honey and garlic. That's some wild shake and bake. While all these do have minor anti fungal properties we now have tested and true medications. 21st century stuff. Not non-sterile food stuff. Someone posted a reference upstream. Fluconazole is the ref treatment. Not pizza, not oil, not grandma's garlic chicken soup up the woowoo.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You will be fine take the meds as prescribed. Never halve a med unless directed by a dr.

I found when it's very bad to take Monistat 7 suppository pearls with applicator bc the cream ones will leak out as you lay down and cause severe burn sensation and only Monistat pearls did not burn.
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I have a vaginal yeast infection. It's been going on for a while and causing itching, soreness, and I'm unable to hold my bladder. A UTI has been ruled out. It's a yeast infection. I thought about how yogurt is usually recommended for yeast infections and I was wondering if this would work to get rid of it? I'm talking about eating it, not applying it topically. I thought maybe if I eat it every day it would clear up. I know there's other treatments available but if yogurt would work I would rather just use that.

Topical application helps massively with the symptoms

Really? I would be worried that would create a moist environment making it grow, I guess not. Do you put it in a tampon or just apply it on the outer opening?

Live yogurt on a tampon
    and also on itchy skin around the labia
    plus sanitary towel

it does help although that's an anecdotal report, but women have been using it for centuries .. I haven't seen any double blind peer reviewed support for it though

My mother has done this and it is seriously a real treatment. But for my mother personally it didn't work. She has had the infection for months, tried everything she could think of: had antibiotics, put yoghurt in there, used other stuff, but it all didn't help.
    Untill... she discovered a gel you can put in your vagina. The gel has the same pH as your vagina normally should have. By this natural pH the gel promotes good bacteria to grow, which can then outgrow the bad bacteria. By using anitbiotics you only kill those good bacteria as well.

I've also had vaginosis myself and with that gel te complaints were already less in 2 days and after one week it had completely disappeared. Because you probably don't live in the same country as me, it probably won't help you to name the brand. But it is in the shelve of the tampons and stuff. You probably have a lot of 'vaginal cleaning gels' standing in that same shelve. But be careful. You should not have one which claimes to clean it, but one which just states that it is a gel of the natural pH of the vagina.

Oh, and what helped another time for me was just getting my period and using tampons. The vaginosis is coming back once in a while for me, so I'm quite 'experienced' as to say. Every time that I was stubborn to not immediately use those gels I waited and once my period started it was gone. Therefore from now on I try to use as less tampons as possible, so my period can 'clean up' my vagina itself.

Hope it will be over soon. I know it's a nightmare.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    LOL Evgeni your post cracked me up! Don't worry, I'm not going to stick any food items up me. I'm going to take the Fluconazole.

Other health issues have been ruled out but I do have an autoimmune disease.

A probiotic every day for the rest of my life? I thought you just take them after antibiotics.

a probiotic everyday for the rest of your life wont hurt. you can take one every other day if you want. I take them every other day because for me every day is too much(have some stomach issues if I take it every day). its been a few years since I had a yeast infection.also when you have one try to avoid sex or use a condom as it can be spread back and forth.if you have a significant other they may want to be medicated to just to be on the safe side.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Yeah, that's enough internet for today.

Oh my gosh, right? :s
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    LOL Evgeni your post cracked me up! Don't worry, I'm not going to stick any food items up me. I'm going to take the Fluconazole.

Other health issues have been ruled out but I do have an autoimmune disease.

A probiotic every day for the rest of my life? I thought you just take them after antibiotics.

I've been taking a probiotic everyday for years. It sounds like your body needs it.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have never had a yeast infection, so take my advice for what it's worth, but I don't think I'd be putting yogurt in my hoo ha, no matter what ancient women did. However, eatingyogurt is never a bad idea...just make sure it says "live and active cultures" on the label.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Yeah, that's enough internet for today.

haha!
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am no doctor but I can backup the comment that applying yogurt topically will help relieve the discomfort, Like seriously, its amazing. Almost instant.

I was having recurring issues just like you. I now take a daily probiotic and reduced my sugar intake to prevent it from coming back. I haven't had any symptoms in a very long time.

That being said Id recommend taking the prescription if I were you. And using a little yogurt topically while you wait for it to kick in :)
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

This is one of the creepiest things Ive seen on MFP forums but i cant stop watching it lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Miss_Mabee wrote: »
    giphy.gif

This is one of the creepiest things Ive seen on MFP forums but i cant stop watching it lol

You haven't seen the Prancercise lady, have you?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew