Loose Body Fat Urgently

Options

Replies

• amzcars
    amzcars Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have tried to but the setting wont let me change it...
    this is coming to mind for me:

acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

read it, internalize it

That article is quite interesting and hilarious. I guess I am in denial about my calories... I have always counted calories and have achieved a weight loss before (unfortunately fell off track due to an illness) so I thought I was an expert at counting calories! Clearly I am not, I will definitely start using USDA from now on and will continue to weigh foods etc..

Body building is what I'm into... So thats the plan, and I want to get it right before I apply!!

Thank you all for you help :)
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the nutritional data on your protein shakes...you could be shooting yourself in the foot if they are intended as meal replacements vs protein suppliment
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Are there any figure coaches in your area?
  • amzcars
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No No I use protein whey for protein supplement never as a replacement.
    98kcal
    2g fat
    2g carbs
    21g protein...
  • amzcars
    Options

Unfortunately not, they are over 80miles away.. I live in the middle of nowhere!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Going to drop this here, but I agree that a figure coach may be a good idea.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1
  • amzcars
    Options
    Thanks thats great :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    amzcars wrote: »
    No No I use protein whey for protein supplement never as a replacement.
    98kcal
    2g fat
    2g carbs
    21g protein...

There is a problem with this entry.

Protein is 4 calories per gram. 21x4= 84
    Carbs same. 2X4=8
    Fat is 9 cals per gram - 18.
    That's 110. Not a huge difference but just pointing that out.

Can you open your diary? It would be much easier to help.

Unfortunately not, they are over 80miles away.. I live in the middle of nowhere!

You can get coaching online as well.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    The OP says you are training for 2 months now, are at the higher level of healthy body fat range, yet I understand you want fast results for a bodybuilding contest? Can you define fast? I hope it is fast, as in "in a few years"? If it took a few months of training to get where you want to, all of us would be competing.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    The OP says you are training for 2 months now, are at the higher level of healthy body fat range, yet I understand you want fast results for a bodybuilding contest? Can you define fast? I hope it is fast, as in "in a few years"? If it took a few months of training to get where you want to, all of us would be competing.

this! I didn't initially catch the part about only training for 2 months...there's no way in a couple months of weight training you would be anywhere near the level needed to compete on stage.
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options

this! I didn't initially catch the part about only training for 2 months...there's no way in a couple months of weight training you would be anywhere near the level needed to compete on stage.

She's 5'2" and 145. I think for most of the categories she still has a ways to go. Maybe not a bad thing to be losing slowly to retain as much muscle as possible?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

She's 5'2" and 145. I think for most of the categories she still has a ways to go. Maybe not a bad thing to be losing slowly to retain as much muscle as possible?

I am close to 5'6''. I am 10 kilos less than the OP. I have been exercising for 20 years, combination of cardio and strength training most of the time. If I were to participate into a bodybuilding contest, people would be rolling on th floor lauging. It takes more than just exercising in general , or weight lifting for a few months. Even though because of a hormonal imbalance I build easily muscle compared to the average woman. If I were to get into bodybuilding (which I have never been interested in) I would expect a few years of serious training and diet changes before being ready, if I were to start from where I am now. OP has a BMI in the overweight category, and with her estimation of BF, it is not because of muscle. And realistically, what kind of muscle does a person build with 2 months of the kind of workout OP describes?
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eat more
    Really
    You should be netting (after burned calories) from 1200-1500 for your body to know it's okay to let go of the excess fat stores its hanging onto.

There is always one. Stop it, there is obviously an error in calorie counting here. Nobody eats more to lose more.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Most figure athletes I know take a year or more to prep for competition
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    If this truly is for a bodybuilding competition I think you're biting off more than you can chew here. No pun intended.

The people who compete are, for the most part, knowledgeable about fitness and diet. They've been putting in hard work for years, not mere months. I know there is a lot of broscience floating around, even among those who have been in the fitness world for a long time, but I feel like if the OP had any experience with this she wouldn't be referencing things like metabolism spikes and the body holding onto calories/fat if she eats too little. Working hard will change your body, but getting down to 15% BF is no small feat for a woman. It takes time and dedication. If you think you've been working so hard for only two months, imagine people who spend years on sculpting their bodies. It is unrealistic to expect that to happen to you in two months or even the next few months.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I have tried to but the setting wont let me change it...

Go here and change Diary Sharing to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    To somewhat add to what others are saying - there is more to a bodybuilding competition than just getting lean.

I did do it in a relatively short time. I went from overweight to stage in 5 months. It was gruelling. I was lean and had some muscle but I was not ready to compete.
    There is a few really great threads on bodybuilding.com on this. I'll link later if I can.

Almost everyone has been there will tell you to take the time and develop. Don't rush to compete.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

in all fairness, the OP said "training hard and heavy for around two months"...this does not indicate that she's only been training for this long, but perhaps lifting for years and recently been busting-*kitten* on it.

...I could be wrong, but there's that.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Yeah ofcourse....My starting weight was 68kg 2 months ago exactly today... Now weighing at 66kg. I have measured BF on scales and also with callipers and have only lost 2% whilst these may not be accurate methods it is the only way... Also, I feel as though I am much fitter and everyone keeps telling me how much weight I have lost, but it really does not feel like it, especially on my lower body.

4 lbs in 2 months is actually good progress for someone at your weight. Especially if you are trying to lose only fat and avoid losing muscle. Put off the competition, do this the right way. Keep losing weight, keep training hard, you'll be more proud to compete when you can do it the right way.
  • amzcars
    Options
    Just to point out I have actually had a lot of experience with weight lifting and exercise, which is why I know I'm capable. I used to have a BF of 17% and fell ill for a couple of years which resulted in me feeling sorry for myself and eating my body weight in rubbish! I've been eating clean and training since July 2015, but hardcore giving it 110% since two months ago. I guess I posted this through desperation, but really the issue is calorie counting.