Maintainers for over a year secret?

Options
1235»

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for 12 years and 7 of them on this site. :) I've only been within -5/+5 pounds difference.

My key is always being active (4-5 hours of exercise per week every week) and logging most things at least 5 days a week. I also cook a lot at home. I might only way 1-2 meals out per week which keeps me in the know of what's actually going in my body.
  • Slumbreon
    Slumbreon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Maintaining for 2 years now; first time in 45 years I haven't yo-yo'd back up. For me - I log everything (1120 days now) and weigh in daily. No hiding or long-term rationalizing — it gets logged and I face reality; there are good days and bad, but when faced with the data I make better choices and bad days/weeks don't become the norm. Good luck finding what works for you.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    I pop in every now and then, and do a few days of logging to make sure I'm still on track, or rather to see how much I'm eating. Still record my weight every day through the app though. It's been almost a year now since I started maintaining, and I must say that I kept all my weight off.