Orangetheory Fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• lsisto
    lsisto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sarab920 wrote: »
    I went to a free session. Thought it was fun, definitely different than what I'm used to. The only problem that I had was the heart rate monitor, my boobs were making it extremely hard to get accurate numbers lol #bigboobprobz. If I wasn't already in a plan with my trainer I'd consider it

If you plan on going again - ask if they have the wrist monitor - they were piloting it at my OT location and it looked more comfortable than the regular one.
  • nycsimone
    nycsimone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes OTF is a bit expensive. I pay $149 per month for unlimited. I go probably 15-16 times per month so it's around $8-9 per class. Yes, I could go to any other gym for $20-40 per month but I can guarantee you I wouldn't go as often and I wouldn't be as productive. I've tried all the gyms out there...trust me! After going 3-4 times you get bored and eventually stop going.

I've been going to OTF for just over 2 months now. I generally burn 950-1050 calories per session and i've gone from 251 pounds down to 235 in exactly 68 days. I don't get bored at all. I can't wait to go back after every workout. I've gotten to know all the staff there and the trainers. They know my habits and they know that towards the end I tend to slack a bit so they keep me going. The $149 per month is probably one of the best investments i've made in a long time.
  • sarabeartx
    sarabeartx Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi all! I just joined OTF this past week and it's incredibly difficult for me right now as I am very out of shape (need to lose about 20lbs) but I feel great after each class. I cannot get the high intensity that I need for losing weight when I workout on my own so the structure and motivation of a class really helps me. Also, I have noticed that I don't look at other people during the class & they don't look at me so it really does feel like having a personal trainer vs a mass exercise class... if that makes sense? Plus the email they send you with your results after each class is AWESOME! I consistently burn 550-650 calories per class.

I have a friend who has been committed to OTF for about 5 months and has lost 40 lbs even though he was a religious Crossfitter before that. So I KNOW it works. I'm excited to see some results!

To answer a question above (since I just joined and asked myself), you do not *have* to wear their heart rate monitor and have your stats posted on the TVs but it is highly recommended because they reference that often during class. "Push into that orange zone" etc. It is really helpful. So if you want to use a HRM, you would have to purchase it from them as they are synced up after you become a member. My other Polar HRM would not work with their system.

I'd encourage anyone to try it out! It goes by super quick and I personally LOVE the encouragement and motivation from the coaches at my OTF gym.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I joined OTF about 2 months ago. And it is the first workout I actually look forward to. I love it. It is pricy, but it works for me. I was wasting money at the gym because I didn't get a good workout on my own. It's no pressure, go at your own pace. Which I'm now finding it takes more effort to get into the Orange Zone. I would recommend using their heart rate monitor. It's just an extra tool to help you see the results of your efforts. I also use mine to track my out of OTF workouts. There's an app you can use outside the studio and track your workout. It's great for me.