MFP won't sync steps to Fitbit

Options
Hi.. I am very new to MFP.. I have synced my MFP to Fitbit but the steps are still showing 0.
I have followed these steps
- Log into your Fitbit Dashboard and unlink your MyFitnessPal connection from the Fitbit side of things. Log into your Fitbit account, click the gear icon and choose “settings”. Once inside the settings, click the Applications tab and locate MyFitnessPal. Once you find MyFitnessPal click “revoke” access.
- Log into MyFitnessPal and make sure that Fitbit is completely disconnected from the MyFitnessPal side of things. You can see if Fitbit is still linked through our website by clicking Apps, and then seeing if Fitbit is listed under the “Your Apps” section along the right sidebar.
- While still logged into your MyFitnessPal account please reauthorize your Fitbit account.

And still it does not work!! What am I doing wrong???

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MFP is not showing steps from your Fitbit ? Do you see a Calorie Adjustment in your food / exercise diary (it's closed so can't check - I see "*You've earned 107 extra calories from exercise today" etc)
  • adinewhitcombe
    adinewhitcombe Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Adjustment isn't working, it will show adjustment after I unsync the two devices together and re connect the two again. Was hoping there was easier way then re connect the two apps everyday
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    shouldn't be necessary. Mine syncs happily - the Fitbit talks to the laptop which talks to the web and hence to MFP. Does fitbit.com update correctly and MFP sync to the web ok ? Are you using a computer or a phone app for each ? Can you "force" a sync of each ?

You may be better off going to the Help feature and logging a problem.
  • adinewhitcombe
    adinewhitcombe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use iPhone for both, I've done a bit of research and seems I'm not only one with the problem..
    Thank you for your help :)
  • hipalmer
    Options
    Hey there I have been a mfp user for some years and just bought a Fitbit and am also trying to get them talking to each other without any joy I log food into mfp and want that to go into Fitbit and do all my steps in Fitbit and want that to go to mfp. In Fitbit it shows as connected - in mfp it does show as installed like my other apps I press connect and goes through to grant acess I allow and does change in mfp but is connected in Fitbit - I'm confused is there anything you have done that I am doing wrong
  • ClarWebb
    ClarWebb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im having the same problem currently...
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Go to your Exercise tab, click settings, and make sure that the box allowing negative calorie adjustments is clicked. I was having the same problem, clicking this box fixed it.
  • AshleighGresty01
    AshleighGresty01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. It's syncing with an old app I used to have called Pacer. I've deleted the app but it won't change to Fitbit. It says it's already connected. The food diary from MFP is copying to fitbit but the steps and exercise aren't copying to MFP.

Has anyone found a way to fix this yet?
  • Japes25
    Japes25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where is the box to click to allow negative calorie adjustments?
  • drewrilett
    drewrilett Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Japes25 via the MFP website go to Settings > Diary Settings and tick the Enable Negative Adjustments checkbox and click save at the bottom.

@adinewhitcome @AshleighGresty01 @ClarWebb @hipalmer I had the same issue.
    • Disconnect your FitBit from your MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Disconnect.
    • Revoke access to MFP on the FitBit website via Settings > Applications.
    • Re-connect FitBit to MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Connect.
    • Finally (and the most important bit), in the MFP app on your phone, go to More > Steps and you should see its set to "Don't track steps", select FitBit from the list and now the steps should be showing again on your home page in both the MFP App and website along with the Exercise count.

Hope that helps everyone as it fixed it for me
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    drewrilett wrote: »

Thank you. :)

• dalek_genocide
    dalek_genocide Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having this same issue. I constantly shows 0 steps and 0 calorie adjustment. I already allowed negative calorie adjustment.

When i disconnect and reconnect it seems to work but i have to do it again the next day. Extremely inconvenient.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    my iphone gets testy sometimes. Sometimes turning it off and on again gives the MFP a reboot that it needs. other times it's in my fitbit flex and sticking it into the charger cable and pressing the restart "button"(that tiny hole in the back of the charge cable) fixes the fit bit. sometimes I have to do both. when on vacation- i messed it all up by changing timezones on fit bit but not on the MFP app on my phone. they both need to be the same as well.
  • jlo685
    jlo685 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Thank you! I don't remember ever telling it to track my steps with my phone so I had no clue of how to stop that and switch it to my Fitbit. :smile:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit since 2013, and sometimes MFP just stops syncing with Fitbit—usually for several days at a time.

You can always verify it's not just you by checking the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    There's a fault that MFP are allegedly working on. It's covered in the Fitbit users group. It's been a problem for a few weeks. Hope this helps.
  • Blurozes4ev
    Blurozes4ev Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks Drewrilett
  • manedr
    manedr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @Japes25 via the MFP website go to Settings > Diary Settings and tick the Enable Negative Adjustments checkbox and click save at the bottom.

@adinewhitcome @AshleighGresty01 @ClarWebb @hipalmer I had the same issue.
    • Disconnect your FitBit from your MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Disconnect.
    • Revoke access to MFP on the FitBit website via Settings > Applications.
    • Re-connect FitBit to MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Connect.
    • Finally (and the most important bit), in the MFP app on your phone, go to More > Steps and you should see its set to "Don't track steps", select FitBit from the list and now the steps should be showing again on your home page in both the MFP App and website along with the Exercise count.

Thanx so much!! Did the trick!!
  • ekim64
    ekim64 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tried everything. My Fitbit steps still won't link with Myfitness Pal :(
  • lexacorra
    lexacorra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My accounts weren't syncing until I realized the bluetooth connection on my phone was off so Fitbit couldn't update. Not sure if this will help anyone but it was a super easy solution for me that's easily missed.