Birthday Cheat Day

Options
2»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I feel like your replacing one disease with another. Overexcersing and binge eating is just as unhealthy anorexia. I wouldn't do it for your sake I would save yourself those 10000 calories and instead put your energy to work on your overexcercising. I'm glad you've overcome anorexia that's a huge step forward, keep going forward.

This is a good point too.. Going from one extreme to another extreme can just be as bad. Maybe something to discuss with your recovery team.

So much this.

Yes, I agree. 2.5 hours of exercise on it's own is excessive unless you're an athlete or training for a very specific event (like a marathon for example). Your calorie burns may be exaggerated, but even if you're really burning half of that, it's still alot. You should really speak with your recovery team.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I always struggled with my weight for years, first it was binge eating which lead me to gain lots of weight, then I got to a normal weight but still wasn't happy, 3 years later, I became anorexic, but now I'm at a weight I'm happy with and no longer starve myself but when I exercise, I eat 1500-2000 calories a day, sometimes more and I'm doing this thing where I can have a cheat meal once a week and a cheat day once a month.

You eat 1500-2000 calories a day and yet burn 4,000+?

Mathematically and scientifically that doesn't add up. You'd be losing weight at that rate. However, just looking at those numbers alone... you don't see anything wrong?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I always struggled with my weight for years, first it was binge eating which lead me to gain lots of weight, then I got to a normal weight but still wasn't happy, 3 years later, I became anorexic, but now I'm at a weight I'm happy with and no longer starve myself but when I exercise, I eat 1500-2000 calories a day, sometimes more and I'm doing this thing where I can have a cheat meal once a week and a cheat day once a month.

So mathematically you're betting a negative number? That just doesn't add up and the mentality is incredibly dangerous.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up, I didn't burn 4000 calories running a marathon so you may want to recalculate your burns.

To your original post-there is nothing wrong with enjoying Chinese food and a slice of cake (or two) with your boyfriend. Listen to your body, eat slowly, and stop when full instead of stuffed.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Excessive exercise is a sub group of anorexia... Please check in with a healthcare provider to make sure you're not dipping back into dangerous waters.
    That aside I'm a regular middle aged lady who has long recovered from teenage anorexia athletica. I give myself free range eating days on Christmas, thanksgiving, immediate family birthdays, etc and I always track AFTER I've eaten and it's weird but right around 4000 calories is when I always seem to feel like 'whew, stick a fork in me... I'm DONE!' So I find it hard to believe you'll eat 10k calories unless you are a binge/purge eater.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with all the others that you are not, in fact, recovered and should speak to a professional.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with all the others that you are not, in fact, recovered and should speak to a professional.

Yep. That much exercise with your history is not good.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    More red flags here than Monza on race day. OP, you do not sound recovered to me at all. Please talk to your treatment team.
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Please talk to someone or contact the NEDA helpline. In the past year you've asked a question about binge eating, about eating 400 cal/day to lose weight, and now we are to extreme exercise and binge eating again. Even if you have talked to someone or went into treatment, this seems like a slippery slope.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I'm not a binge eater, I'm just asking has anyone ever had a very big cheat day like once a month is all. When I binged ate back then, I gained a lot bc I did it everyday but now I control my portions and calories.
  • wonderchu
    wonderchu Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not a binge eater, I'm just asking has anyone ever had a very big cheat day like once a month is all. When I binged ate back then, I gained a lot bc I did it everyday but now I control my portions and calories.

I've had plenty of them during my nearly 2 years of losing and they've not set me back at all.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

You control your calories to a very unhealthy number. Please take the advice in this thread and get help.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Though it was probably something I achieved in my heavier days, 10,000 calories in a day seems difficult unless you are actively trying to reach that goal. But just indulging? I'd be throwing up by 6,000 I think.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

No one is concerned about you having a cheat day.
    People are concerned about what seems to be an unhealthy obsession with exercise and calorie counting.