why

Options
124»

Replies

• Scilluh
    Scilluh Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm not sure anyone is mad at you. I'm not.

On the walking, walking can be interesting. It depends on where you're walking. I like to people watch while I'm walking.

me to but i cant there r not meny people in the part of town that i live in
  • Scilluh
    Options
    People tend to be drawn to others that are happy, confident and have a generally positive outlook.

Not to throw a monkey wrench into this idea at all...but, if you ask any of my friends and they'll tell you that I have a pretty negatvie outlook on a lot of things. It's a completely unintentional feeling and is reflected in my personality as a pessimist but also, in that breath, I have no problems remaining friends with anyone or making new ones (though I do come off as a little bold at times to new people but I guess they just swing with it lol). Maybe it's the crowd I hang out with or the situations I put myself in that allow me to meet people that can handle a person with a negatvie outlook on things. I have no idea *shrug*. Although I do notice you're speaking in generalities; I just thought I'd contribute. :D

thanks very well said
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    original.jpg

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAHH!! I wasn't ready for this!!

ready for what

The graphic...it was a funny show and graphic from the 80's....are you from the states?

yes i live in maine

I've always wanted to visit there in the winter. I've seen some pictures during that season and it just looks amazing. My husband was about to pick orders to get stationed there but I don't think I could deal with that much snow in the winter. We barely get any here during the winter months.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    it seems I was not the only one who thought you were being a bit monosyllabic and rude. Shall we try again?
    My job was really high pressured and I'm on here for daily motivation and support as I have always failed at diets and thought yeah I can be big and it won't affect my health. I managed to get my dad to walk with me, and he's lost a stone and a half since we started this, very proud!
    In a moment of madness I bought a cross trainer and now I make myself go on it just to prove to everyone I was right in getting it. I literally stick a half hour tv programme on and trance music and go for it!
    I've met so many people on here that are completely brilliant in motivating and supporting.
    You've definitely made the right step joining.
    Good luck
    :)
  • Scilluh
    Options
    Hey I'm in the process of fixing up my yard-sale score of a bike! Was tagged at $10 and I was prepared to pay that, they let me out of there with it for $5 though without anything on my side being said ;)

Kayak / Canoe I don't own right now and at $50 a day for rentals locally I'd rather own than to use it 10 times over the summer and have more than paid for a starter rig. I'm also in horrendous shape, work changed recently and we're doing some heavier lifting in the evening, showing me just how out of shape I am so while I might get in a kayak this year... we'll see. Schedule is just too busy right now between gardening and trying to hit the local yardsales..

I did say earlier I had to head out the door to work I better seriously hit the road so I'm not risking traffic make me late. Be well.

thanks
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    my fav is bar harbor camp ground it is funn there r a few more i would like to try that r in my state that i have not tryed yet i also like sabieo but i have only been there twice and i would not know how to get there by my slef

I'm from Michigan, and I really love camping in the Upper Penninsula. In fact, my husband and I have kayaked and camped along the river (4 day trip in total) without a tent. We just took sleeping bags and bivies. It was a lot of fun. We've also done some camping in the Smoky Mountains, which are beautiful. There are some great hikes to waterfalls all throughout the park. Being outdoors is very peaceful and serene, even when you're in the middle of a 8 mile hike!

Dang I miss camping! I used to go allll the time when I was little with my fam- haven't been in forever but I want to! What's your favorite camping food?
  • Scilluh
    Options
    What exercises are you doing?That is a fun topic. :)

walking that is my fav and it is not a very fun topic
    Well I tried.. *leaves*

People are trying to talk to you and you are being rude. When you want people to talk to you, and they make conversation, try being nice and speaking with them. Otherwise, don't complain.

what ever
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    People tend to be drawn to others that are happy, confident and have a generally positive outlook.

Not to throw a monkey wrench into this idea at all...but, if you ask any of my friends and they'll tell you that I have a pretty negatvie outlook on a lot of things. It's a completely unintentional feeling and is reflected in my personality as a pessimist but also, in that breath, I have no problems remaining friends with anyone or making new ones (though I do come off as a little bold at times to new people but I guess they just swing with it lol). Maybe it's the crowd I hang out with or the situations I put myself in that allow me to meet people that can handle a person with a negatvie outlook on things. I have no idea *shrug*. Although I do notice you're speaking in generalities; I just thought I'd contribute. :D

My husband is the same way. He sees the negative before the positive and I see the positive before the negative. I guess we balance each other out well. It use to get under my skin but now I've learn to understand him more and appreciate him for it.

I'm one of those type people who has never met a stranger. I tend to have a lot of people gravitate to me *shrugs* so hey...I welcome you to my orbit...or I can join yours :0)
  • Scilluh
    Options

There is a difference between negative and pushing away with words.

ok
  • Scilluh
    Options
    my fav is bar harbor camp ground it is funn there r a few more i would like to try that r in my state that i have not tryed yet i also like sabieo but i have only been there twice and i would not know how to get there by my slef

I'm from Michigan, and I really love camping in the Upper Penninsula. In fact, my husband and I have kayaked and camped along the river (4 day trip in total) without a tent. We just took sleeping bags and bivies. It was a lot of fun. We've also done some camping in the Smoky Mountains, which are beautiful. There are some great hikes to waterfalls all throughout the park. Being outdoors is very peaceful and serene, even when you're in the middle of a 8 mile hike!

that is great
  • Scilluh
    Options
    original.jpg

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAHH!! I wasn't ready for this!!

ready for what

The graphic...it was a funny show and graphic from the 80's....are you from the states?

yes i live in maine

I've always wanted to visit there in the winter. I've seen some pictures during that season and it just looks amazing. My husband was about to pick orders to get stationed there but I don't think I could deal with that much snow in the winter. We barely get any here during the winter months.

in sothern maine we do not get a lot of snow except this year
  • Scilluh
    Options
    it seems I was not the only one who thought you were being a bit monosyllabic and rude. Shall we try again?
    My job was really high pressured and I'm on here for daily motivation and support as I have always failed at diets and thought yeah I can be big and it won't affect my health. I managed to get my dad to walk with me, and he's lost a stone and a half since we started this, very proud!
    In a moment of madness I bought a cross trainer and now I make myself go on it just to prove to everyone I was right in getting it. I literally stick a half hour tv programme on and trance music and go for it!
    I've met so many people on here that are completely brilliant in motivating and supporting.
    You've definitely made the right step joining.
    Good luck
    :)

thanks
  • Scilluh
    Options

Dang I miss camping! I used to go allll the time when I was little with my fam- haven't been in forever but I want to! What's your favorite camping food?

smores and blue berry pancakes
  • Scilluh
    Options

My husband is the same way. He sees the negative before the positive and I see the positive before the negative. I guess we balance each other out well. It use to get under my skin but now I've learn to understand him more and appreciate him for it.

I'm one of those type people who has never met a stranger. I tend to have a lot of people gravitate to me *shrugs* so hey...I welcome you to my orbit...or I can join yours :0)

thanks can i add you a a friend