What is your Go To for something sweet?

For those of you who loves sweets as much as I do what is your Go To for something sweet and satisfying that doesn't destroy your calorie allowance for the day? Thanks.

Replies

• MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Diet soda does it for me
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Sweet coconut vanilla popcorn. 121 cal per serving. Or a mini snickers.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Cookie or doughnut or ice cream

2 mcvities rich tea biscuits are 75 cals
    Ice cream is under 100 (Solero or fab) 140 mars bar ice cream, 179 snickers ice cream
    Doughnut is 230

I don't see why those cant be made to fit in cravings
  • Sued0nim
    Cos then no cravings
  • Sued0nim
    Also 72% dark chocolate
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Muffins, Scones, Pastries, Cakes, Nut Butter and Jelly sandwiches
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    These days it's going to be sorbet, fruit and jam. I'm not allowed to eat sweets anymore. :( at least not the ones I enjoy.
  • Sued0nim
    These days it's going to be sorbet, fruit and jam. I'm not allowed to eat sweets anymore. :( at least not the ones I enjoy.

But that's because of IBS no? Not because of an idea that 120 calories worth of sorbet or popcorn is better than 120 calories of cookies
  • QueenofHearts023
    rabbitjb wrote: »

But that's because of IBS no? Not because of an idea that 120 calories worth of sorbet or popcorn is better than 120 calories of cookies

Yes it's because of the IBS. :)
  • QueenofHearts023

Yes it's because of the IBS. :)

Who would intentionally want to avoid sweets?!?! (Yeah I know, but that thought still comes to my mind everytime I read it here...)
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    fruit with yogurt, bread and jam,toast and fruit!
  • pmaia
    pmaia Posts: 42 Member
    Also 72% dark chocolate

I measure out a tablespoon of nestle semi sweet morsels and eat one here and there. Sometimes the it lasts a couple of days, sometimes one day, sometimes a week. 70 calories.
  • tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    A tbp of nutella does it for me it's around 100 calories. But do weigh it.

I'm breastfeeding and I get really really strong sugar cravings.
  • solidjan
    solidjan Posts: 5 Member
    I a totally addicted to sweet things so I cannot have them in the house. For me Nescafe mint cafe mocca is the only thing to help - around 90 cals but quite filling. Otherwise I put lemon juice in water and drink - that for some reason seems to help!
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Yogurt. Yuuummmm. Orange and ginger Liberte tastes a lot like an orange creamsicle.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    20g of chocolate M&Ms are only 97 cals and you get plenty! I let them melt in my mouth and they last ages and are very satisfying! During the day I will have a Pepsi Max.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I usually crave something specific... so I eat a little bit of the thing I want (one or two cookies, one square of chocolate, a serving of ice cream etc).

If I don't crave anything specific, I just go for a Greek yogurt and/or some fruit... don't need to 'waste' calories on chocolate if I don't REALLY want it.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    I usually have a piece of fruit, or a serving of Arla 20g Protein Skyr (blueberry flavour is best), or a Quest bar. Depends on type of day & amount of exercise I've had.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2016
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I usually crave something specific... so I eat a little bit of the thing I want (one or two cookies, one square of chocolate, a serving of ice cream etc).

If I don't crave anything specific, I just go for a Greek yogurt and/or some fruit... don't need to 'waste' calories on chocolate if I don't REALLY want it.

Exactly! I don't have chocolate every day because I don't want it every day or it would be a waste of calories. When I want something I have it - today it was digestive biscuits so I had a couple (150 calories). When I just want the sweetness a diet soda or artificially sweetened chai tea does it for me.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    I'm sure you've 'googled' some ideas, but here are a few sweet little bites you could make for under 50 calories each:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/08/healthy-desserts-low-calorie-yay_n_5946746.html?utm_hp_ref=taste&ir=Taste

Also, dark cocoa powder has only 10 calories/tbsp. so mixing into some yogurt with a bit of sweetner (I use stevia) is yum. I too like jello (I make my own with a steeped herbal tea and stevia) with a few pieces of fruit, lime juice and a bit of yogurt