Fitbit Calorie Adjustment - multiple entries shown

Options
I've noticed over the past month or so that when I check my exercise calories in the morning for the day before, the fitbit calorie adjustment is shown 2 or 3 times. Generally, subtracting calories to compensate for what I actually burned that day. I have to go in and delete all but one of them to obtain an accurate calorie burn for that day. Anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Following. Just got an HR and always just ate my TDEE less 20% and never logged or ate exercise so this is a trial and error. I can't figure out what my settings need to be on these apps. Lol. My brain can't brain ....it's Monday.
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi auntie. If you're synchronising your fitbit multiple times during the day, you will get multiple entries. You don't need to delete them, mfp will handle the cumulative count itself. I avoid this by synching once before bed, having a good idea through the day of my calorie balance.
  • AuntieChele
    AuntieChele Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I'll do what you suggest tiny_clanger. I've not been synchronizing my fitbit, just clicking on the dashboard to update it through the day. Maybe that does the same thing. I did notice this morning that I had 2 fitbit calorie adjustment entries. One had negative calories to adjust for my activity yesterday and the second one had a 0 adjustment. Still don't understand why it showed 2 fitbit calorie adjustment lines.
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Auntie, your FitBit should sync multiple times a day but not post duplicate entries. I'm having the same issue. It's not normal. I too have deleted duplicates and one that's just zero calories. This is a new problem.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I've noticed over the past month or so that when I check my exercise calories in the morning for the day before, the fitbit calorie adjustment is shown 2 or 3 times. Generally, subtracting calories to compensate for what I actually burned that day. I have to go in and delete all but one of them to obtain an accurate calorie burn for that day. Anyone else having this problem?

Same.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Alex are you aware of this issue? Honestly, no one wants to report problems any more because no one wants to play 20 questions with tech support. I understand that your test environment in no way acts like the app or site so you can't replicate problems, but it's pretty ridiculous.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. On Tuesday I earned an exercise entry from fitbit for 137 calories. The exact same entry appears in my exercises SEVEN times.....so MFP added 959 calories to my goal!

The other days the same entry was only entered 2-3 times, but still added A LOT of calories to my goal.
  • PunkRockChris
    PunkRockChris Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same issue here.. been trying to figure out why its doing this.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I'll do what you suggest tiny_clanger. I've not been synchronizing my fitbit, just clicking on the dashboard to update it through the day. Maybe that does the same thing. I did notice this morning that I had 2 fitbit calorie adjustment entries. One had negative calories to adjust for my activity yesterday and the second one had a 0 adjustment. Still don't understand why it showed 2 fitbit calorie adjustment lines.

I honestly don't think that's a problem, the fitbit can also sync constantly through the day and there aren't multiple entries. I'd talk to fitbit customer support, they've always been prompt and helpful. I currently have a day of 4 entries of my exercise calories but it just happened the one day so I'm not too worried but if it was daily I'd be on with tech support :)

I was once advised to disconnect my fitbit, then reconnect it. That worked for me last time I had a problem with MFP and fitbit not talking to each other correctly.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex but I'm not having that problem. Well not yet anyways, LOL. I sync throughout the day multiple times.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    You might try disconnecting and reconnecting. Doesn't always fix the problem though. Worth a try I suppose.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Apologies for the frustration for folks experiencing this issue. I checked with our tech support team and this is an open issue being investigated by our engineering team.
  • teenybeanie5
    teenybeanie5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Alex wrote: »
    Apologies for the frustration for folks experiencing this issue. I checked with our tech support team and this is an open issue being investigated by our engineering team.

Thanks for looking into this. It has been happening for me all this month. Sometimes the same entry is duplicated multiple times, either adding or subtracting excessively because of that. Based on the suggestions here, I did go back and manually delete the duplicates, but doing this constantly is going to be frustrating.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I have a vivofit and noticed this issue awhile back but it seems to have been intermittingly and I have not noticed it in months.
    I would suggest also checking the fitbit FAQ's and forums.
    Good luck.
  • dbvirago
    dbvirago Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too am getting the multiple postings so looking forward to a fix. The other problem I have is under-reporting. I walk 10k steps a day and after taking the multiples into account my Fitbit calorie adjustment is about 450. Some days it will only be about 100 or less. Why the variation?
  • southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't have this problem with my new Fitbit Charge HR but neither my husband nor I can work out how the fitbit calorie adjustment in MFP actually works. We have read the Learn More page that talks about projected calorie adjustment based on instantaneous synced values etc but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Can anybody tell me how it actually works in MFP? For example Goal 1200 Food 850 Exercise 61. The 61 is a Fitbit Calorie Adjustment but I did a gym class that shows up on my Fitbit as 187 calories. I don't get it. Please help. Thank you.
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It's only giving you 61 calories for exercise because that's what it figures is going to be over and above your regular burn. It doesn't want you to eat back too many calories and it calculates that you regular burn increased by 126, so the 61 calories are the bonus ones
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Mine is doing the same thing.
  • cbeargie
    cbeargie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mine is doing the same thing.

Same here, except that the duplicate entries are being recorded as walking, moderate page, 3.0 mph (one of my typical exercises I've used before), and it will show me doing that exercise for like 12 hours for thousands of calories. I had to manually delete them all.
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Fix the problem Mfp. I'm sick of it now. I need to know how much I can eat but instead of adding 1200 extra calories for my gym work etc, it gives me 37!