Help, waking up early

2»

Replies

• queenjane1023
    queenjane1023 Posts: 24 Member
    I've found that having everything ready really helps. I prepare my workout clothes, work clothes and lunch for the next day all before I go to bed. Also knowing that I'm likely to do better with my eating if I workout in the morning as opposed to at night, helps out with the willpower thing. I have had to literally talk myself out of bed many times.
  • jaybelovely
    jaybelovely Posts: 53 Member
    I've found that having everything ready really helps. I prepare my workout clothes, work clothes and lunch for the next day all before I go to bed. Also knowing that I'm likely to do better with my eating if I workout in the morning as opposed to at night, helps out with the willpower thing. I have had to literally talk myself out of bed many times.

Thanks for your response! Hopefully I can kick my butt in gear. Just gotta make a few changes in the schedule. Especially with foods
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    My daughter owns a coffee shop and gets up every morning at 4:30. She definitely goes to bed way earlier than the rest of the world.
  • kaellyn
    kaellyn Posts: 9 Member
    Two things:

1) Even on your "days off," get up at the same time. You can always go back to bed after a few minutes, but by waking up at the same time every single day, you train your body.

2) Get a kid. They never let you sleep in.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    edited February 2016
    I've been an early riser for years (normally 0430) - work related, not initially by desire - but now I'm almost wired that way. Here's what works for me:
    - Setting a schedule and keeping it without too much deviation on weekends (I rarely sleep in, because it throws me out of whack for the following day/night)
    - avoiding caffeine after noon
    - I do do the whole two-alarm thing with one outside of arms reach (makes me get up).
    - Rarely need the above but when I do - I just "suffer" through the rest of the day (no naps, etc.) because getting off schedule becomes a spiraling negative effect for me.
    - Prepping everything the night before: clothes, meals, etc. (I just feel better knowing I'm ready).
    - Dark & quiet room, avoid TV, iPod, etc. for around 30ish minutes before bed.

I'm a firm believer in what some have called the Performance Triad (Exercise, Nutrition, Sleep). I think they're all related and impact the others - both positively & negatively. Get some exercise, makes me what to eat well, and then I usually sleep well. If one of them gets thrown out of whack, I tend to stumble in the others (didn't sleep well, don't feel like exercising so don't, then make poor food choices...) - unless I just "suck it up" and then it seems to self-correct (didn't sleep well, don't feel like exercising - but do anyways, not a great workout but something, well I worked out so I feel like "not wasting it with poor food choices", usually sleep better the next night & "back in business".

Good Luck!
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member

2) Get a kid. They never let you sleep in.[/quote]

Until they're teenagers....

Now, my dog? He does not understand weekends & always wants his morning meal at same time - regardless of the day!