Found my secret weapon to weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Good job! I tell my husband that he has to be the one to break his "family curse." In his family, all the men seem to die of diabetes and heart disease by about 65. Most have been extremely overweight and, very luckily, he isn't! However, I worry about his fitness level sometimes.

Have you considered joining a rowing club? I used a concept 2 in my rowing days and hated it! Being out on the water was so much more fun. You might consider seeing if there is anywhere near you! :)
  • Krussell8782
    Krussell8782 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yea it definitely helps when you live in Minot North Dakota during our lovely long winters. this will be my first winter in four years where I might come out having lost weight rather than gained.

not enough water up here in central ND to go outdoors. so during the spring I take the concept 2 to a nearby park and row outdoors there. make do with what we have!

yea the rower has been awesome, especially since my intervals have been 10-15s on and 30-60s off for 45-55min and intensity level keeps me in zone 2-3 of the heart rate scale; I really don't do it hard enough to feel burnt out on it
  • desy617
    desy617 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ok I have to checkout the c2 rower, good job
  • tthoma5201
    tthoma5201 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Krussell8782
    Options
    Seven months later and on the last day of 2015, scale reads 198.8!
  • RoxanneHull2
    RoxanneHull2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling to be below 200 lbs! You are doing great :)
    Keep up the good work!
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for sharing your story. I have a concept 2 and used it all last winter. I live near Ottawa, so you can appreciate the same stuff for us. I really did get addicted to it. In the summer I took up cycling and have been doing that up until we got our big batch of snow on Boxing Day. Concept 2 is ready to go again. Congratulations on be coming a Dad and a healthier happy person.
  • Krussell8782
    Options
    It does feel amazing! Thank you for all of the support. Yea the beautiful long winter months make concept 2 the easy choice for staying busy and keeping the metabolism up and active
  • joeyleerobbins
    joeyleerobbins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Which model do you have?
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :-)
  • norwaylk
    norwaylk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job! I feel your pain-I live in Fargo. Endless winters and not enough outdoor activity!
  • tararegular2000
    tararegular2000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What's with the heart rate monitor and the significance of it?
  • Krussell8782
    Options
    It allows one to keep your workout in aerobic or anaerobic zones thus maximizing either fat burning or increasing calorie deficits. Gives you more real time data so you don't have to overwork your muscles while your main muscle does its work. Hope that helps tararegular.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!