Bodybuilding Macro's

Has anyone here tried the Bodybuilding Macro's? Eat 1gram of carbs and Protein per pound? If so does it help for fat loss?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Has anyone here tried the Bodybuilding Macro's? Eat 1gram of carbs and Protein per pound? If so does it help for fat loss?

The 1g only applies to protein and that is for muscle retention. It has nothing to do with fat loss. Fat loss is determine by calories.
  • kristypando
    kristypando Posts: 17 Member
    psulemon wrote: »

The 1g only applies to protein and that is for muscle retention. It has nothing to do with fat loss. Fat loss is determine by calories.

okay how am i suppose to know how many calories to eat for fat loss? myfitnesspal says to eat 1200 but i think thats not enough or i could be wroung :/
  • kristypando

okay how am i suppose to know how many calories to eat for fat loss? myfitnesspal says to eat 1200 but i think thats not enough or i could be wroung :/

i could be wrong lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator

How do you have MFP set up (2 lbs per week loss... 1 lb)?

What is your exercise routine? what are your stats (height, weight, age)?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member

How many pounds are you looking to lose? If it's 100+ then you set your goal on here to lose 2 pounds per week. If it's under 50 pounds set your goal to lose 1 pound per week.
  • kristypando
    usmcmp wrote: »

How many pounds are you looking to lose? If it's 100+ then you set your goal on here to lose 2 pounds per week. If it's under 50 pounds set your goal to lose 1 pound per week.

right now i have my fat at 20% and my carbs and protein at 40%. would this be right or should i make any changes if I want to lose 48 pounds?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member

right now i have my fat at 20% and my carbs and protein at 40%. would this be right or should i make any changes if I want to lose 48 pounds?

Fat and carbs should be more about personal preference and adherence. Calorie goal is the most important factor in weight loss. Protein and lifting are for muscle retention. If you want to lose 48 pounds I suggest setting your goal to lose about 1 pound per week and then focus on accuracy with logging.
  • kristypando

Fat and carbs should be more about personal preference and adherence. Calorie goal is the most important factor in weight loss. Protein and lifting are for muscle retention. If you want to lose 48 pounds I suggest setting your goal to lose about 1 pound per week and then focus on accuracy with logging.

okay thank you i will try that!
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    I try to get 40% protein 40% carbohydrates 20% fat. That is a good example
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Weight loss is about calories more than macros. You need to be in a caloric deficit, meaning you burn more calories than you take in.

You want to lose 48 pounds. To lose that much weight in a year will require a weekly caloric deficit of about 3,200 calories, or about 450 calories per day.

So...determine your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) and subtract 450. That's about how many calories you should consume daily.