New quest bars...

Options

Replies

• alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I like em a lil better than before. Less tough.
  • GRILLZGIRL
    GRILLZGIRL Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    GNC is 20% off today. I've never tried quest bars. I've been using the protein bars from Aldi. They taste ok but they have tons of sugar. Should I try Quest instead?
  • GRILLZGIRL
    Options
    Well ok then thanks.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Tried the peanut butter one so far from my two. Softer but flavor is milder than the original. It's like eating a sugar cookie with a nut aftertaste. The original was more like a peanut butter cookie though harder. I'd take the old texture back for this flavor.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    GRILLZGIRL wrote: »
    Well ok then thanks.

Or you could try some flavors that sound good to you and see if you like them. :)
  • GRILLZGIRL
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Well ok then thanks.

Or you could try some flavors that sound good to you and see if you like them. :)

Thank you. I appreciate that. Is there anywhere I can buy single bars? All I see online are 12 packs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well ok then thanks.

Thank you. I appreciate that. Is there anywhere I can buy single bars? All I see online are 12 packs.

GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, some stores have them too (Trader Joe's, some grocery stores).
  • glassyo
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well ok then thanks.

LOL well some people weren't happy with the formula change but, if you've never had them, how would you know you wouldn't like them?

If you're on the website and find a few flavors you want to try, you can mix and match 12 bars and still get the $24.99 box price. And there's always a free shipping coupon somewhere or another.

But yeah...GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Trader Joe's. I've even seen them in gas stations.
  • GRILLZGIRL
    Options
    Well ok then thanks.

LOL well some people weren't happy with the formula change but, if you've never had them, how would you know you wouldn't like them?

If you're on the website and find a few flavors you want to try, you can mix and match 12 bars and still get the $24.99 box price. And there's always a free shipping coupon somewhere or another.

But yeah...GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Trader Joe's. I've even seen them in gas stations.

Thanks again. I am going to check it out.

:-)
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just recieved mine in the mail today. I chose the cinnamon roll and the apple flavors. I'm not sure what to really expect sinve I've only tried maybe 4 flavors in the past before the recipe change and I wasn't impressed.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Recieved mine today also. Got the Cookie flavors combo.

Shared the Cookies & Cream with hubs, we both liked it. We didn't feel that the fake sweetener aftertaste was as pronounced in this version like it was in the original (the original original) of this particular flavor. (Can only compare to original because I never tried the corn fiber version before of this specific flavor)

Hubs didn't think the texture was as good, but I didn't notice any difference, didn't seem better or worse than the original. Did have a lot of cookies pieces in the bar, though.

Cookie dough will probably be tried tomorrow.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Thowe92 wrote: »
    I just recieved mine in the mail today. I chose the cinnamon roll and the apple flavors. I'm not sure what to really expect sinve I've only tried maybe 4 flavors in the past before the recipe change and I wasn't impressed.

It's the ones I picked too, although it's been ages since I tried the original ones. Still haven't got them...
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Just got mine, to me they tasted about the same but were a bit softer.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I got mine. I guess I've forgotten the original flavor, as I think the new ones are getting close. I sent my review to Quest:
    First, thanks for the samples.
    You have definitely made improvements in how you do the corn fiber based bars. In particular, I'd say the texture is now better than even the original bars. The original bars had a rather gooey and stickiness to them - I would always make sure to eat them in wrapper because of that. These bars seem far better to touch, and the mouth-feel on them is better for it.
    As far as pure taste, you've definitely improved from the initial use of corn fiber bars. Originally, there was a lot more of an after taste with them that was a bit sicky-sweet and metallic. Most of this is gone now. The direct sweetness isn't exactly the same as the original isomalto-oligosaccharide based bars, but that isn't entirely a bad thing for me as the consumer. The isomalto-oligosaccharides tended to cause a strong craving, similar to the saltiness of potato chips causing the can't eat just one sensation, but for the original Quest Bars, this was a kind of sweetness. I find the new bars strike a balance where I get a candy bar-ish taste but I'm not reactionarily looking to down another one. I hope the removing that quality doesn't hurt your sales, as I do appreciate that difference as a consumer.
    I also want to mention that last week I bought on my own a S'mores flavor. I'll admit that I did not like the S'mores flavor originally as it seemed excessively dry. I'm not sure how much you've worked on that once since it was corn fiber from the beginning, but it definitely has improved too. I'll definitely add it my list of flavors I like.
    I'd still give the edge to Combat Crunch Bars in terms of pure taste, though they have higher calories, and they cost a bit much if I don't look for a sale.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I wish Quest's protein powders ran a more competitive price. I recently tried their cookies and creme and it had actual tiny bits of chocolate cookie type stuff in it that was pretty good. Their salted caramel tastes a lot like pure caramel instead of vanilla extract with a hint of caramel flavor like some others I've tasted.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    got mine in the mail yesterday - just had the chocolate chip cookie dough and i have to say, they definitely have improved. texture is much softer like they used to be, but i felt like there was an artificial taste to them that i didn't get with the originals..
  • glassyo
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    got mine in the mail yesterday - just had the chocolate chip cookie dough and i have to say, they definitely have improved. texture is much softer like they used to be, but i felt like there was an artificial taste to them that i didn't get with the originals..

I haven't tried the chocolate chip cookie dough yet. I'm having the B Up PB&J for today and tomorrow's snack but I did notice that about the chocolate chip cookie dough with the old new formula.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I got my freebies in the mail today. I won't be able to fit one in today so maybe tomorrow. I got the raspberry one and the chocolate pb.

Eta to correct autocorrect. ....I don't know what verizon/Samsung did with that last update but my autocorrect is hideous now lol.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I got mine last Friday.
    Ate the peanut butter one. Nothing to compare it to so I don't know if it was better.
    Also got the white chocolate raspberry (my favorite), but have not tried it yet.
    I still have a few of them to eat before I try the new one.