What is your Go To for something sweet?

Options

Replies

• smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've been slicing up a banana, freezing it, and then drizzling a little choc syrup on top. SO good!
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I keep a couple of snack size york peppermint patties or mars bars in the freezer and grab one when I need a treat.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    An individually wrapped Dove dark chocolate or Ghirardelli dark chocolate with caramel/sea salt.
    In the summer - fudge pop.
    Apple slices with a little peanut butter.
    A giant bowl of berries with a little Redi-Whip. (Or no Redi-Whip. I will eat entire containers of strawberries and raspberries in a sitting when they're in season. I love them so much.)
    Sour patch kids or gummi bears.
    Tea with sugar.
    Popcorn with some semi-sweet chocolate chips tossed in.

I usually only want salty/savory snacks, so this is pretty rare.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If it's during the day I stick to mostly fruits. Later I occasionally have a quality dark chocolate or pudding cup or I'll mix pudding into plain yogurt. Occasionally I buy the lemon pudding snack packs and I have that with small lemon shortbread type cookies -200 calories and tastes like lemon meringue pie. I don't make pie because I'd eat all the pieces. I seriously love lemon sweets.

I have found for me that having the more processed sugary items earlier in the day leads me to eat more overall and I think about candy the rest of the day lol. I don't know if I've tricked my mind or what, but this never happens with fruit.
  • gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I tried one of those brownies once. They are amazing very chocolatey very good. Adding a touch of peanut butter that would be divine I'm definitely going to try it!

Yeah do it! I eat it like every day :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    put 1/4c kenels in a paper lunch bag, fild the top over twice and put in the microwave for 3minutes.
    I didn't know you could do this. No oil required? Just a bag, kernels and a microwave? Cool!

Yup. Works great!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    put 1/4c kenels in a paper lunch bag, fild the top over twice and put in the microwave for 3minutes.
    I didn't know you could do this. No oil required? Just a bag, kernels and a microwave? Cool!

It works, but I do add oil. Salt doesn't stick to dry popcorn.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    80% dark chocolate, frozen bananas with melted pb drizzled over, and cinnamon raisin toast :)
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    90% dark chocolate, Almonds (smokehouse, vanilla, dark chocolate), sugar free jello, Lily's chocolate (I have crispy rice and milk chocolate at home now) coffee or tea with HWC and some SF sweetener (usually vanilla or caramel) frothed in the cream. I really like my sweets.. :) I start with the 90% dark chocolate because after 2 squares I can't handle much else.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas. Great suggestions. Thanks! :)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Coconut flakes
    Ben & Jerry's ice cream (40g hits the spot!)
    fruit, especially blueberries with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spices
    Yogurt w/ honey or fruit
    Trader Joe's chocolate nibs, 1 kcal each :)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    semi sweet morsels one handful(yes I may be under counting this item) and Jif peanut butter
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I keep a basket of Luna protein bars in my cupboard. My issue with treats is they need to be single serve, so maybe ice cream bars might be okay, but any sort of open container is a no no for me.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Or a Snickers. Or some Black and Green or Blue and Orange chocolate...cannot remember the company
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My favorite dessert is half a kitkat (two sticks) - 110 calories
  • Ims0
    Ims0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think I'm pretty much like most people. Sometimes I'll try and satisfy my cravings like a healthy eater would, so I'll have a rye Ryvita cracker with some peanut butter - lots of fiber and healthy fats - or some greek yogurt with fresh fruit.

But sometimes I say f*** it and have a biscuit or a Kinder Bueno. I'll still log it and try to have a low-cal meal later to make my calorie goal, so it's ok to enjoy a good snack sometimes.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I don't care for sweets and never have. My thing is crackers/cheese/wine. Best of luck!
  • 2307dee
    2307dee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Step away from the cookies, ice cream, chocolate and puddings!!

For you Aussies out there, you can gravitate towards these without guilt...
    - Jarrah Classic Frothy Hot Chocolate (47 calories per serve)
    - Aussie Bodies Lo Carb Protein Bars 30g range (101 - 107 calories per bar)
    - Musashi Low Carb Choc Coconut Bar 30gm (101 calories)
    - Pepsi Max 375ml can (1 calorie)
    - Yoplait Bon Appetit Greek Yoghurt Varieties (approx. 105 calories/serve)
    - A hot cup of tea with a sachet of Equal will also ward off cravings

If you can ensure these are your only go-to special treats beyond fruit, etc, then I think you will find it helps xx
  • reginaminer
    reginaminer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Strawberries or banana slices dipped in chocolate. You can do a bunch of the banana slices at once and freeze them for a quick sweet treat all week. Or plain m&m's 10-20.
  • ArmorForFitness
    ArmorForFitness Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Clif's builders protein bars does it for me! So good :')