Who else is doing Insanity?

Options
13»

Replies

• lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting Insanity tomorrow, but I don't know how many calories I should eat. How many do you eat?

This all depends on your size, age gender & goals. I am 5'3", 28 year old female, MFP had me at 1200 calories (if I put myself as sedentary, which I'm not) to lose 1lb per week. Depending on how hard you push yourself you can burn between 500 & 800 calories in an insanity work out. If I only ate 1200 calories I totally felt it in my work outs - not enough energy at all to work. Some people will say to eat all your exercise calories but I wanted an extra deficit so I usually ate back half of my burn and it made me feel better in my work outs.

200 of whole foods rather than adding 200 in a cookie or French fries makes a huge difference too! :)
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am midway in recovery week right now...so far so good...started insanity at 211 and currently at 202...looking forward to month 2 :)
  • darrinotoole
    darrinotoole Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've just joined the gym and have signed up for an insanity class. I am extremely unfit and I'm also overweight. Do you think that I should just go straight in for insanity or should I work up to it?

I lasted 5 mins intò my first video and collapsed into a ball crying the first time out.

But, the next session was 7 mins, then 12, then I was up doing 45 mins within a month.

Do as much as you can until it breaks you, and then come back to break it.

• pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just did my first max work out. Had to go very slowly and take breaks. Also got really bad cramps while doing it. :s

So exhausted.
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    Here were my before and afters from my first round :)

fnxesviubfzl.jpg

You look great