How much did you lose the first 30 days?

Options

Replies

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    8.1lbs for me. But I was still working out how many of my exercise calories I could eat back. I'm expecting February to be more like 4-5lbs.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering how much most people manage to lose their first month or so. I was doing really great for about 2 weeks but it seems like im plateauing already which seems way to early for it barely being my first month :-( especially since I've been sticking to my diet fairly well.

Where are you in your menstrual cycle? I gain (water) weight both at ovulation and right before my period starts.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    In the first 30 days of using MFP and working out, I lost 18.8 lbs. I started at 5'8 and 220.8 lbs.
  • stang02
    stang02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Around 8.3 lbs first 30 days. I was reaching for 1 lb/week. So I'm happy.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    About 5 pounds. My exponentially smoothed moving average went down by 5.8 lb., from 214.8 to 209.0, but I suspect that my first day's weigh-in might have been higher than usual based on the next few days' values. I lost around 47 lb. in my first year and 18 in my second year, and am now maintaining around 148-150.
  • Debbs83
    Debbs83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to lose, so my weight loss is bit slower than other posters. I lost about 4 pounds (142 to 138).
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    13.7 lbs.

My goal was to lose 20 by 2 months, when I returned to the doctor for my post-diabetes/Hashimoto's thyroid/vit D deficiency check-up. I lost 21.5

At 4 months (yesterday) I'm now down 36.1 lbs (slightly over halfway to my goal - and experiencing the typical slow-down that happens when my decreasing weight decreases the daily calorie deficit)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hardly anything. I lost maybe 2 lbs tops, but that was before I started using and understanding MFP.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Lost 30 lbs. Was told to lose a pound a day for optimal sustainable weight loss and I must say that was great advice.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Lost 30 lbs. Was told to lose a pound a day for optimal sustainable weight loss and I must say that was great advice.

I'm curious to know if you've maintained that loss.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Down 12.6 in 37 days. seems to be slowing down. trying to be patient. :neutral: which should be EASY cuz thats a great number and i feel tons better and am much more in shape especially from a cardiovascular perspective. So I just trudge on and try each day to log more accurately and eat the goal which i recently reestablished based on current weight.
  • emmaemz1985
    emmaemz1985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Started at 18st 3 weeks in and I'm 16st 9lbs woop
  • Shammah71
    Shammah71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lost 11lbs in January of this year. My weight went up slightly after after a few weeks of working out then progressively went down again.
  • lsutiger2112
    lsutiger2112 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I lost about 11 lbs. I'm trying to lose 40 and I'd like to take at least 6-8 months to lose it. I measure and weigh everything.
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You're not in a plateau until you've been maintaining for much longer than two weeks. Read, embrace, adjust.

x3ou3g5jhbfq.jpg

This ^^^
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    8 pounds the first month.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    lost 12 lbs the first month and an AVERAGE of 4-5 pounds per month after that - which is to say it wasn't exact week by week. Some weeks I wouldn't lose anything, some I'd lose more than I expected, but averaging back from day one it would usually be around 4-5 lbs per month.
  • onestarmarcher
    onestarmarcher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A pound or 2. I've been doing this since 06/15 and I've lost only 12 lbs so far. Some people get fast results, and others don't. I decided for me it was slow and steady wins the race, and there's nothing wrong with that! Don't feel like you need to lose 10 lbs in a month; just keep at it and you'll get there.
  • joeyleerobbins
    joeyleerobbins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Since Jan 4th, 2016 I am down 18 lbs! I am 6' and started at 325 lbs and am now down to 306.8 lbs. as of Feb 1st. I have given myself until the second week in December to reach my goal weight of 180 lbs. That is losing around 2-3 lbs per week. (140 lbs to lose) I hope everyone who posts here reaches their goal this year! God bless you all

John3:7
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I started on January 3rd and on the 31st at my weigh in I was down 19.8 pounds. I was 283 when I started and I was 263.2 when I weighed in on Sunday. If I dont log on here I write every thing down. I weigh and measure every thing and I haven't had a soda since I started. If I could just kick the sweets I would do better.