Gym Travel Time

Options

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about asking this! My drive is 5-10 min depending on traffic. I prob wouldn't want to do more than 15, so it's a good thing this little studio is in my town. The next closest is about 1/2 Hr away.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    10 min drive usually workout around 4am so I will never walk or bike to the gym at those hours.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    My gym is only three miles and one traffic light away, and this is one of the reasons I picked it over the nicer one further away. (The main reason was that it is less crowded.)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    15 min drive to the gym and a 30-40 min drive to the yoga studio
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have a 15 min drive to the gym - I have to hop on the highway so walking isnt an option. I dont really have a closer option.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    From work to the gym, about 12-30 minutes depending on rush hour.

From gym to home, 7-10 minutes.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town with no gym or fitness center so there would be a 40-60 minute drive to get to one.
    Honestly, I don't know if I would use one even if it was right down the street. I appreciate doing my exercise without any commute time, wearing whatever, not dealing with other people and not spending money.
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Like others, mine is on my way home from work. So about 20 mins. from work, then another 10 mins home. I go on the weekends, too, so that's important. They opened a gym in the business park where my office is and I thought about joining that one, but it would be too far to go (30 minutes) on the weekends.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    about a ten minute bus ride not including walking to/from bus stops. takes me about 50 minutes to walk the whole way.
  • lsutiger2112
    lsutiger2112 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    about 25 mins for me. There is an Anytime Fitness closer, but I like the Gym I belong to, it has all the amenities like steam room, Sauna, Heated Pool and big hot tub.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    15-20 each way. Used to be 30. I had a 2 minute drive once but hated the gym. All depends what you want
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    20 minutes to my home gym (Anytime Fitness)
    If I go to the club by where I work it is 45 minutes.
    There a 4 Anytime Fitness Centers between my house and work to choose from.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    About 60 seconds...to walk from the inside of the house to the garage. Why pay a gym membership fee when I have a treadmill, a balance ball, resistance bands, free weights, workout dvds, a stepper, and a yoga mat all in the comfort of home?
  • KymBerlyBarrera
    KymBerlyBarrera Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No traffic, 18 minutes. Moderate traffic 21 minutes. Congested traffic 35-45 minutes! But its the closest real gym to me. The only other thing in our area is the Y and its $84 a month, VS my PF membership , which is $20
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    8/10 of a mile, so about a 12-minute walk.

I must admit that I am wimping out this winter and driving most of the time. It takes about 5 minutes, depending on the lights.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    30 second of walk....my box is just across the street from my work
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    My gym is about 5 minutes away from where I live, so no biggie.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The last time I joined a fitness club I contracted a fungal infestation. No way no how no more for me. My treadmill is in my house, my free weights, floor, big ball and stretchy tubes are as well.
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use the gym at my apartment building, so about 3 min walk. I also work out in my home, since I prefer dance/Pilates for aerobic exercise. Once a week I attend a class with my partner--it's a 12 min drive.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 30 seconds to walk downstairs. :)

My husband and I had a gym membership at a lovely gym/swimming pool. Best one in town. When we got that membership, we lived about a 10 min drive, each way, from the gym. Then we moved, and it's about a half-hour drive, each way, now. We kept going now and then until the membership ran out, and then decided it would be less expensive and a whole lot more convenient to set up a gym in our basement.