Bon Temps - Week 3 of the True Blood Challenge (CLOSED GROUP

Options

Replies

• kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello I am one of the new members!!!! First off LOVE True Blood!!!! Also really need to lose some weight. Baby making/giving birth really has messed up my body.

:D
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm the other new member :) I'm Krystal :) nice to meet everyone. feel free to add me
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hiya Kaitlynsmom, welcome to Team Bon Temps!!

Bjam - I have been having the same problem. Since Easter I've only lost 2 kg, which is a crazy slowdown for me (and most of it has come off the last couple weeks). I ended up using another formula for calculating my calories (basically eating 20% less than a maintenance figure I calculated somewhere else) and ignoring exercise calories. Of course, I'm never sure if that is why the weight loss picked up over the past two weeks, or if it was just a coincidence.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am down 2 lb this week. Woohoo!
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi all I am down 1 pound. Go Team Bon Temps. Glad today was weigh in LOL cause I sure did blow my normal routine today. I'm hoping it doesn't hit me too hard though because I stayed under my calorie goal with my exercise for the day. I was having a low blood sugar moment twice today...and the peanut butter was a quick fix for me. I really have to find lower fat fix or a better way to have it... then even the whole wheat toast. That is so many calories.
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    I am not sure how this works. I lost 3.3 pounds this week. Oh well, WE Are Doing Great, Team!
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Another lb lost..........but working it. All new Bon Temps Members invite me as a friend....and if you are not Bon Temps but need a Trubie Pal......I'm your gal!
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Are we gonna stick with this thread for the rest of the challenge? (hope so)
  • Pam37841
    Options
    Are we gonna stick with this thread for the rest of the challenge? (hope so)

As far as I know there hasn't been another one made.
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options
    how is everyone doing?
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ok. It's been a busy week and TOM so my weight is up. I'm hoping it will go down (plus some more) by weigh in day.

Tonight we are having a cook-out at our house. I know I won't go over with the food, but I'm feeling the need for a mojito (or 3) so that's where I'm concerned!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    I find alcohol really throws me for the week - which is unfortunate to say the least since this week is end of semester and there are many many parties and dinners to attend... ah well - it would not be worth being healthy and gorgeous if I could not also enjoy myself and time with friends! Will be seeing how much I can limit the damage and picking and choosing where I will be going over this week - wish me luck!

Have also just started calorie cycling this past week so I dont think I will be able to tell if it is working to break my semi plateau/epic slow patch I am in at present... add to this that I will be going home in a week and to a large extent will not be as able to plan my cals as I have been... but perhaps the break will be good - I have been almost religiously sticking to low cals and mfp logging since march and lost just under 9kg (19lbs) since then (started to lose before joining mfp so my ticker doesnt show the first 3kg) which I am really stoked with!! I figure I can eat healthy choices where I can and otherwise enjoy my holiday and get back to my fully planned out days and cal cycling experiment when I am back in 2wks (tbh, I am not sure if it will be relaxing or more stressful not planning what I am eating ahead of time!!! at present I log it all first and then go eat at meal times etc and if I want anything dif I go check how it fits into the day before I take a bite!) - btw will still come weigh in, hopefully the scale at home is not too far different than the one here... we will see

so yes - there is my update :laugh:

any cooking enthusiasts in our awesome team? tried any crazy recipes of late? (bonus points for anything vampire themed or particularly gory in appearance hehehe)
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    I seem to have broke through my plateau in a big way... As long as I keep things together over the weekend I should have an awesome weigh in on Monday. Who would have thought by eating more I am losing more... bonks self in head. That is a great thing I learned from this site...Hope everyone has a great Father's day weekend with their loved ones.
  • Pam37841
    Options
    I seem to have broke through my plateau in a big way... As long as I keep things together over the weekend I should have an awesome weigh in on Monday. Who would have thought by eating more I am losing more... bonks self in head. That is a great thing I learned from this site...Hope everyone has a great Father's day weekend with their loved ones.

Awesome! Hold it together!! Good Luck Monday Everyone.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Thinking this week will be no loss for me....
  • Pam37841
    Options
    Thinking this week will be no loss for me....

Push in an extra work out or two and think positive.
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this week will be no loss for me, maybe even gain. I'm not sure what happened. TOM was earlier this week, but I don't think that's still holding on.

:(
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options
    my weigh in is always saturday and i lost 3.5 pounds :)
  • Pam37841
    Options
    my weigh in is always saturday and i lost 3.5 pounds :)

Awesome! Way to GO!!!