Just thought I'd share a 700 calorie dinner

Options
Baked chicken stew ( pollo guisao al horno)
Package of chicken ( I used thighs)
In a large bowl add a 8oz can tomato sauce, adobo, Saxon, garlic powder, black pepper & bay leaf, mix well, add chicken and coat well. If you like, u can add potatoes and carrots. Place in baking dish, add 1/2 cup water, cover and bake 375* for 1 hour.. Enjoy

Replies

• thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wish I could have 700 calories for dinner. :(
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    Where do you find a Saxon these days? Is it OK if it's part Saxon, part Norse, part Norman?
    I don't think any of my bowls are large enough.
    Seriously, though, is that a typo, or that one of those British food terms like courgette or mince?
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Isn't Norse and Norman basically the same thing. The 'Norse men' who settled in the part of France that became Normandy? Sorry, I'm being Pedantic.

Saxon is not a UK food. Its an 80's rock band.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Where do you find a Saxon these days? Is it OK if it's part Saxon, part Norse, part Norman?
    Seriously, though, is that a typo, or that one of those British food terms like courgette or mince?

I think it's supposed to be sazon!

Goya_Seasoning_01.jpg

This one isn't baked, but just stewed and it's really good!
    Sofrito Chicken Stew
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Removing the skin off the thighs would probably cut those calories in half.
  • cynt8642
    cynt8642 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cynt8642 wrote: »
    In a large bowl add a 8oz can tomato sauce, adobo, Saxon, garlic powder, black pepper & bay leaf, mix well, add chicken and coat well. If you like, u can add potatoes and carrots. Place in baking dish, add 1/2 cup water, cover and bake 375* for 1 hour.. Enjoy

• cynt8642
    Options
    I'm sorry it was a typo.. It is sazon, actually it was auto correct, it changed my words.. I will definitely be sharing more recipes.. Hope everyone will share some of there's too..
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I wish I could have 700 calories for dinner. :(

Me too. That's a crash and burn day for me. :-(
  • cynt8642
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 calorie diet. I just eat less calories for breakfast and lunch so I can eat a better dinner..
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    cynt8642 wrote: »

How do you know the calories in this recipe? Since the only thing measured is the tomato sauce?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, chips, beans. Also 700 calories... Much less disgusting though....