Support For Shorter Ladies? 5' to 5'4?

Options

Replies

• mandiegold941
    mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am 5ft and trying to lose weight. I have a hard time setting a "goal" weight for myself. Any advice? I have an athletic build and like lifting heavy weights.
  • hangee123
    hangee123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", lost 47lbs in the past 6 months, and I have another 11 necessary pounds to lose (with a further 15 vanity pounds probably). Feel free to add me - feeling like I need the motivation and accountability! Reaching the point where too often I find myself saying "this journey is about sustainability, not denying yourself everything" before devouring more than the sustainable amount of biscuits/ chocolate/ pizza. Needless to say, I feel like I've hit a bit of a plateau!
  • sarahjane0306
    sarahjane0306 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot four and looking to lose around 20lbs. Got to 112lbs about a year and a half back using mfp but have put it all back on! Would love to have support and motivation from others!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 5ft 1" (add an extra half inch on a good day LOL) and I've lost about 25 pounds eating low-carb (optimal protein, med to highish fat). I started at around 154 pounds, now weigh about 123 pounds and my goal is somewhere in the region of 119 pounds, so potentially 7 pounds more to go.

I say "potentially" because my main goal is body recomposition ie. Reducing body fat but increasing muscle mass, which obviously weighs heavier than fat, so I'm judging progress at this point mainly by NSVs ie. Mirror & Tape Measurements rather than overall weight. I've always aimed for a lean, muscular look and implement heavy weight-lifting (when I'm well enough - I have Fibromyalgia & M.E. so my workouts have been suffering since I got sick last year).

Despite not being able to exercise a tenth as much as I'd like, the Ketogenic WOE is so much more effective for me than when I've tried just low-calorie higher carb plans. (I aim for protein macro @ ~0.8g per pound of total body weight - or ~1g protein per pound of total body weight when I'm well enough to lift - which is higher than some Keto guidelines, but I find my body works best with optimal protein. When I tried the lower protein and very high fat macros I still lost scale-weight successfully but my physique looked less muscular, defined & firm b/c I also lost lean muscle mass).

I aim for around 1,250 calories a day average - my symptoms cause me to lose my appetite some days so I struggle to get near 1,000 cals occasionally (NOT recommended!) but I do try to balance it out by the end of the week. When I'm feeling well & working out regularly I up my cals to around 1,350 - 1,400.
    If I get ridiculously hungry I allow myself maintenance cals for 1-2 days before dropping back to a calorie deficit. Ive been 'slimming' for almost a year now and I find the odd 'diet-break' after a significant period of fat loss or when I stall, by eating at maintenance for a 2-4 week period, can help reset the metabolism and help you to resume losing fat when you drop back down to your deficit calories.

Sorry for rambling! HTH! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. You're making the right steps to achieving your weight loss. You can do this! Think how amazing you'll feel as you see that scale moving down! Always here to help. X
  • kerndog87
    kerndog87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" add me!! Got about 60 lbs to lose already down 20
  • Birkah
    Birkah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Greetings and salutations fellow shorties! I'm 5'-2", and have lost 20 lbs so far (woot!), working to lose my last 20 lbs of baby weight, maybe a little more depending on how I look/feel when I hit my goal.
  • MrsCook1214
    MrsCook1214 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 5'3" and weigh 208 right now. Would love some support also. This baby weight is hard to lose!
  • LoveIssaMae
    LoveIssaMae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add Me. :) 5'1 I was 198lbs. I am currently 180lbs. currently looking for friends to motivate and journey with.
  • mfr0125
    mfr0125 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello ..I'm 5 feet even...and at 169.9
    I've lost five pounds on KETO diet. I could certainly use all the support and I would love to support others. Please add me to your group of supporters.
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and need to loose 80 lbs!!!! Logging everything no matter what is key! Educates yourself. P.s I've lost 100lbs once! So I know I can do this, but finding it hard this time.
  • BriannaChristiana1
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 165 lbs. I weigh less now that I used to, but I cant wait to get to a healthier weight and get more fit overall. Feel free to add me! I would love to have more motivation!!
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 151 . Ive lost 32 pounds already, but I'd like to loose 20 more, Please add me to your group.
  • clary3
    clary3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2 and 139 pounds. When I first started years ago, I was at 220 pounds. I'd like to go down about 15 pounds or so as I'm still "overweight" in BMI. :/ Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    5'4", 149, lost 38#, want to lose 10 more. Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    5'2 and 139 lbs.. trying to get to 120-125 :)

Any short girl with open diary can add me anytime. My diary is open to friends always and I keep 1200 diet :)
  • JJMC00
    JJMC00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'. I suffer from Endometriosis too. :( I trying to lose 25 pounds. I've never wore a bikini before and that is my life goal. To just be healthy and have the body I have always wanted.

I had a miscarriage back in 2013. Since then I hadn't had any Endo pain because of my D&C procedure. But now almost 3 years later. I'm getting those first subtle endometriosis twinges near my cycle and during intercourse with DH. I am hoping that with my food and exercise changes I can elevate any pain before it rears its full ugly head at me again.

You can add me and we can help each other through this. I posted in the general thread just today cause I'm at a lull in my journey. I'm 6 weeks in and not losing my motivation.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 167.5 started at 175.

Add me!
  • Challenne
    Challenne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", the shortest person in my family of course, and I weigh 303 pounds. I have pcos so I have trouble loosing weight. I have heart problems so I now have to loose the weight. My entire family on both sides has a history of being over weight so that's not in my favor either. My goal isn't huge and at the same time is entirely insurmountable. I want to weigh 180. I weighed 180 when I was in 8th grade and it just kept climbing. So here I am covering my fathers fresh baked chocolate chip cookies with a hand towel in the hope that if I don't see them I won't break down and eat half a dozen. Here is my support to others, my plea for prayer, and my best wishes.
  • Liv828
    Liv828 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and need to lose 25-30 pounds feel free to add me
  • mustangEvie
    mustangEvie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and need to loose at Least 100lbs. Seems so far away so my near term goal is to lose 20lbs.