Replies

• bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yup, this was good. Made it for lunch. Thanks for the idea
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed English muffin pizzas when I was a kid, and we have a toaster oven so I bet my kids would love this top. However I'm curious why OP and others keep saying this is much better calorie wise than a slice of pizza. Isn't this 225, if my math is right, and just cheese? A slice of pepperoni pizza at most chain pizza places is about 250 if I remember right from logging a slice from the last kids birthday party I attended...
  • RhondaDesiree120
    RhondaDesiree120 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my biggest weakness. But I can't have bread or wheat products. Udis makes a pretty good crust, but still pretty high in calories when you add all the ingredients. Any ideals for no gluten diets?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Mine didn't get crispy so I haven't tried again.

I suggest flatbreads personally! There's a brand that makes some 180 calorie ones with 15g of protein.

I use the Flat Out Pizza Crusts. I simply bake them for about 5 minutes by themselves til they start to get crisp on a pre-heated cookie sheet (pre-heat the sheet and it'll get crispier) then take them out, flip them over and put on your toppings and return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes. Then I broil for the last 2-3 minutes at up to 500 watching it constantly in our old oven. It's never perfectly crispy but it's pretty darn close.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my biggest weakness. But I can't have bread or wheat products. Udis makes a pretty good crust, but still pretty high in calories when you add all the ingredients. Any ideals for no gluten diets?

If you have an aldi near you, they make a 90 calorie gluten free wrap. I primarily use those for pizza and keep them in my freezer. Before that, I would use the teff wraps (la tortilla factory) for around 180 calories or so. Kind of a killer for me.

The other options are to do a vegetable crust - either stuff or top a vegetable with your pizza toppings (like stuffed peppers, zucchini boats, stuffed eggplant, etc), or make a cauliflower, zucchini or spaghetti squash crust.

Cauliflower Crust
    Spaghetti Squash Crust

I've also made a supreme pizza casserole that was really good - it's not pizza, but the toppings really give it a pizza-y vibe. Supreme Pizza Cauliflower Casserole. I was eating it for breakfast all week that week.
  • esneer1
    esneer1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    xrgei1ufi0ix.jpeg
    English muffin pizzas are the best!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I made "mummy" pizzas like this for Halloween. Put the pizza sauce on the muffin and then peel the string cheese and lay it across the muffin and give them eyeballs made from olives. They were cute.
  • Queenmunchy
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I must be the only person that hates English muffin pizzas. We learned how to make them when I was a brownie at 7-8 years old (Girl Scout) and the pita and tortilla are so much better. Something about those nooks and crannies
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Half of my post keeps disappearing. Anyway, the English muffin has such an odd taste with a pizza, and this comes from someone who can do a vegetable based crust. The tortilla is awesome but if you want it to taste like a traditional pizza, pita is the way to go.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    or... 1 slice of papa johns cheese pizza is only like 230 calories...
    which i just devoured.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    or... 1 slice of papa johns cheese pizza is only like 230 calories...
    which i just devoured.

That was my question too.