Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    angerelle wrote: »
    tracefan wrote: »
    Plus. Milk has sugar!!!!

Er, I know I'm British and don't really know what half and half is, but doesn't it contain milk and cream? That both contain milk sugars?

It's about 10% fat (to answer the question upthread about what it is -- it's got a lot less fat than whipping cream). It does have sugar, but not a lot, and less than milk (for the same volume) just because a higher percentage of it is fat. Also less protein. I don't see what's wrong with lactose anyway.
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I add whiskey to mine

I sometimes add spiced rum. I'm glad I'm not the only one who adds a little "kick" to the morning juice.
  • queenjaquita
    queenjaquita Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    But my morning cup o' joe has 3 TABLESPOONS HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM

Amen to this! I love me some heavy cream. I have weened myself off for the most part and now drink my coffee black but when I want a treat a splash of cream is the answer!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have to have my coffee! I pre log it a whole week in advance. I add two tablespoons of Half n' Half, 1 teaspoon sugar, and add a few drops of vanilla extract and I'm good to go:) Sometimes I'll add almond extract but can't part with my half n' half & sugar...........
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Either learn to drink your coffee another way or make it fit.

I wasn't willing to use so many calories on coffee. In the beginning I couldn't drink coffee without milk and sugar. I slowly reduced the sugar until it was gone completely. Then I started to cut out the milk. Eventually I learned to love coffee straight up. I did hate it for awhile but eventually you become accustomed to it and learn to enjoy coffee for the sake of coffee.

But work out what your own priorities are.

• robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk in my coffee because I can use as much as I want and it's still super low-cal. Like 30 cals a cup.
  • ty_fit0815
    ty_fit0815 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    2 cups of folgers instant coffee, 3 international French vanilla or hazel nut creamers, 2 stevia, and I'm a happy happy girl. I'm still losing..which means I'm winning. :D

• leckzzz
    leckzzz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I add almond milk and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and blend my coffee in a blender. Tastes great, helps your immune system, added energy, and helps your metabolism!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and beer. I will give up eating for the rest of the day just so that I can have my chocolate before bed. Omnomnomnomnom
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my literal weakness. I'm pretty sure I'm beyond the point of stopping my morning caffeine fix..ever. I've tried, and then end up succumbing to my craving half-way through the day. My suggestion is to find a way to fit it in. Make healthier switches - skim milk instead of cream, two packets of sugar instead of three, etc. When I "drink out" and get coffee from Dunkin, Starbuck's or Wawa, I always pre-log which helps me ensure that my coffee fits into my daily diet. As you start decreasing the sugar/milk you add, it will get easier. I used to be a full on latte with extra syrup girl and now I'll drink coffee and even espresso black!
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have had this argument with so many people, but this means that YOU DON'T ACTUALLY LIKE COFFEE.

Sorry, but this is invalid. If I add pepper to my eggs, does it mean I don't like eggs? If I put butter on my toast, does that mean I don't like bread? We add stuff to other stuff all the time, so why is coffee different?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    My favorite creamer is International Delights Salted Caramel Mocha. And it uses way too much for me to get it how I like. :frowning: Most days I drink Skinny Cow Mocha, which is not a whole lot better (and filled with other garbage) but at least I don't ID
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I agree. I just log it. Two tbsp half and half and two tsp sugar. I toss in a couple of tsp of Benefiber too. It is roughly 100 calories but I enjoy them. Every drop.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I do instant coffee with 2 tsp of sugar free vanilla caramel coffee mate and one splenda packet. 24 calories for a 20oz cup. I usually have it over ice.
  • dhickey5350
    dhickey5350 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my iced coffees and always had them with mocha and cream and sugar. I only really drink iced coffee and recently got an inexpensive iced coffee maker and decided to try adding just a scoop of French vanilla protein powder and surprisingly it tastes good! And much healthier than all the cream and sugar I would normally add. Plus it holds me over a little longer!
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Try microwaving the milk in your mug then adding hot coffee. And let me put in a plug for black coffee. It's delicious fresh brewed and not too strong.
  • lbaxandall
    lbaxandall Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @tracefan Better Stevia has an English Toffee flavor of Stevia, which I started drinking in my coffee and I LOVE! 0 calories, all natural, and you only need 2-4 drops so it lasts a long time!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I used to put sugar in my coffee. Where I grew up, I never heard of putting milk/cream in coffee or in tea for that matter.
    Anyway, the first time I tried coffee without sugar, my first thought was: "so this is what poison must taste like"...
    I drink my coffee black for many many years now and like it :)
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that. I sometimes have coffee and I like it super light WITH 4tsp of sugar (16oz cup). I just log it and fit it into my deficit. I did however, give up the daily 20oz RedBull I had drank everyday for the last 10 years. That was a struggle, lol.