How much did you lose the first 30 days?

Options

Replies

• xickel
    xickel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In the first month I lost 5.4 pounds :)
  • clwatlington
    clwatlington Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm approaching 30 days and I've lost 9.5lbs and 2 inches in my waist. Hoping to be at the 10lb mark on my 30 day weigh in which is Saturday February 6th.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    10.5 lbs.

You're not plateauing this early in the game. More likely it's a lack of patience. You should really just readjust your expectations.
  • Floridaman789
    Floridaman789 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    27 pounds the first month. I lost 18 pounds in 2 weeks before I joined MFP.
  • KymBerlyBarrera
    KymBerlyBarrera Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have not done a recent weigh in, but at 23 days in I have lost 16lbs. But I can feel muscle where I never had muscle before. So I am gaining muscle, as well as losing fat.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Lost 30 lbs. Was told to lose a pound a day for optimal sustainable weight loss and I must say that was great advice.

I'm curious to know if you've maintained that loss.

Yes I have.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    About 3kg.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I have not done a recent weigh in, but at 23 days in I have lost 16lbs. But I can feel muscle where I never had muscle before. So I am gaining muscle, as well as losing fat.

I'm sorry but it's extremely unlikely you're gaining muscle while in a deficit. Women have a much harder time gaining muscle and it's usually no more that 2 lbs per month of actively trying (weights, calorie surplus, etc). It's more likely that the muscle you have has become more defined from not having as much fat covering them.

Congrats on your loss though, that's great.
  • emmas434
    emmas434 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 lbs, starting at 14 stone (196 lbs) 5ft 6 in, here's hoping it continues! I recently took my measurements so going to start keeping track of those too! Good luck with your weightloss!
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Today is actually day 30 since I started tracking on MFP and I've lost exactly 10 lbs (215.8 to 205.8). My husband who started at the same time as we has lost 20.
  • stevephi01
    stevephi01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    First month, nothing (fluctuated up and down but nett loss 0)
    First week month 2, 1kg
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in three weeks and enough inches in my tummy that I need new pants. :) And I'm still 6 lbs heavier than the holidays. /shrug
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I lost 8.6 pounds my first month. I just finished my second month and lost 4.4. I anticipate my third month to be slightly less than my second month - I'd anticipate losing 3-4 pounds. For reference I am 5'7" and started at 170 lbs, now 157 lbs.
  • Jmgris1
    Jmgris1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    7 lbs. before joining mfp and 3 lbs. in the two weeks since joining.
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have been back on MFP for 2 weeks on Monday. I am down 8 lbs. This isn't my 1st pony ride, as I lost 40lbs on MFP a couple of years ago and I know the initial loss is fast and furious. Just riding it out until it slows, as I know it soon will...
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I lost 9. I was disappointed that was it, but hey, it's 9 pounds closer to my goal!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    5lbs lost overall although not linear! Lost 3lbs, gained 5lbs and lost 7lbs, all within 30 days. Don't say dieting isn't exciting... :D
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 pounds in 27 days and 9 inches :)
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Had my first month weight in, and I've lost 4 kg and 27cm in total. There was plenty of times through the month that i felt heavier, but just keep at it!
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    8.8, today's my 30 days