Your biggest pet peeves...

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    When I'm dieting or just trying to be healthy I general, and my friends want to go to out to eat, and I ask if we can go somewhere with healthy options and they just say "just get a salad" .....I freak in my head almost every time lol. Even though I love salads, they are typically very unhealthy at restaurants, and it just bugs me for some reason lol. What's yours?

I don't have any pet peeves but I bet I know your friend's peeves; "Every time we plan to go out, pinggolfer96 wants to go somewhere he can eat healthy!"

Sorry I don't want to go to southern comfort food or Taco Bell....

I think he was being funny love
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    People telling me that I'm so lucky that its so easy for me to lose weight. YEAH OKAY. Because losing over 140lbs total was easy. Because I don't bust my *kitten* daily working out and making sure I make the best choices I can.

Also my mother haha. She was naturally very small her whole life (I was never small) and now that her inactive lifestyle has caught up to her she blames everything but her 4L of pepsi and chips daily addictions. She also keeps complaining about both her of cars being so much extra cash when she lives a 15 minute walk from her work and the stores (small town) yet refuses to simply walk to work rather than dish out for her car. >.< >.<
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    People telling others to not eat their exercise calories if they want to lose weight despite the fact that they're using MFP for their numbers and should be adding them in.

And the use of the "word" gyming. I hate that.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Here on MFP I can't stand it when people give advice based on how they assume things work on here. For example I seen someone advising others that in order to lose weight they have to burn off all of the calories they eat thru exercise because that is what is working for him.

In real life, I can't stand the MLM pushers. I just had another one yesterday. One of my friends is selling some kind of wellness stuff and asked me to check out her site.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My parents are my biggest pet peeves. They watch way too much Oprah and Dr. Oz. I get articles in the mail and they mention these things all the time. Then the constant questions about if I am losing weight. Losing weight is such a small part of what I am doing. I am getting healthy and changing my lifestyle to something I can sustain and enjoy.
    They mean well and are also huge supporters, but they do make me bite my tongue A LOT
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Me: I'm in a calorie deficit. Gotta lose a couple pounds.
    Friend: then why are you eating cookies?
    Me: :|
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    most stuff i brush off, and dont even really notice.

i think the only thing that gets my blood boiling is when someone tells me how i lost it 'so easily' - because they only SEE me eating out, and drinking and being with my friends. They DON'T see the hours at the gym and running, and counting calories, and making choices (like i made a huge batch of cookies and had NONE so i can drink tonight).

okay i had a half of one cause i had to make sure they were good enough to give away LOLOL
  • Doc0862
    Doc0862 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    People.

Yup definitely people.
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    "Eat a little of everything you want in small amounts." Sorry - if I was capable of doing that I wouldn't have a health and weight issue in the first place!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I hate in social situations when people tell me it's ok, you can eat it, you work out. And stop lifting, you look jacked.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    "Good for weight loss." This seems to be a new one recently, as in:

Is food xyz good for weight loss?

What exercises are good for weight loss?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    People asking questions, given great advice and then the OP doing exactly the opposite of all the great advice they've been given.

Also, when youtube fitness vloggers peddle stuff from *kitten* companies and all the 18-25 year olds are like OMG if it works for them it has to work for me....quick fixes yes that's it people wanting quick fixes in anything in life annoy me.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's nagging. He'll suggest what I should do to lose weight (it's stuff I already know, too! (like stopping boredom eating)) but when I suggest he take his own advice he says it's too hard.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I guess if I had a pet peeve, it would be people making lists of pet peeves. I prefer to stay positive.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Using #TBT to fat shame themselves. I have had a couple of people do this recently. Neither are yet ready or committed to lose weight so stop making yourself feel even worse about it!

The Arbonne pusher on my FB who, despite commenting on a couple of very good articles I posted about detoxes not being a thing, continues to push detoxes and cleanses as a thing. They also believe all sorts of other woo that makes me want to throat punch them regularly. I really should just delete them............

But generally, people have been awesome and I've even spurred some people into action and got some very nice messages. I'm sure that'll wear off at some point so I'll take it for now.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Conversation with every single person who asks me how I'm able to stay in shape,
    Person: omg I would do anything to look like you. How did you do it?
    Me: oh I log and count calories.
    Person: never mind that's too much
    Or
    Person: oh I tried that it didn't work for me.
    Then the conversation ends.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Not my biggest pet peeve but an odd one lately: When a poster asks for help and many people take time to post good advice (without jabs), and then the poster comes back and thanks ONE of them. WTH? :s
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve about MFP is, for some reason, the people here who give advice to others, saying what they are doing is not sustainable.

Everything I have read says, over 80% of the people who lose weight (no matter how they lost it), gain it all back (some gain even more than they lost). Very few people keep it off for over 5 years.

So my question for the experts is, just what is sustainable?
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    When people try and tell me that fat is good for you. Like yeah let me stop eating my veggie carbs, grains, and legumes to eat sausages, bacon, and eggs to be more healthy lol.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    OMP33 wrote: »
    When people try and tell me that fat is good for you. Like yeah let me stop eating my veggie carbs, grains, and legumes to eat sausages, bacon, and eggs to be more healthy lol.

Fat is good for you....it's an essential macronutrient unlike carbohydrates. Of course keeps your fruits and veggies, but fats is essential to optimal hormone function, vitamin absorption...etc. doesn't mean you have to eat sausage , French fries, and heavy cream, but avocados, nut butters, eggs, olive oil...etc.