Replies

• ty_fit0815
    ty_fit0815 Posts: 67 Member
    Great job!
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    mou_254 wrote: »
    Amazing, amazing work.
    My question: how did you manage to lose 270-275 lbs in less than a year?! What did you eat and how often did you exercise? I find that high impact cardio hurts me sometimes, even though I'm just 22!! What type of cardio did you do?
    Good luck on the surgery, and wish you a speedy recovery! :smile:

A male at 500 lbs and 5'10" at age 25 (idk OP's height and age) has a BMR of approximately 3250 calories. If they are sedentary, approximately 3,900 calories a day. Even eating at 2500 calories will result in almost 3 lbs per week. If they eat at 1500, then it's almost 5 lbs lost per week.

Now if the person wants to exercise (for example walking at 2 mph) it can burn up to 600 in an hour. Lastly, a large amount of that initial weight was water weight.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    You look amazing!!! Wow!!! Congratulations on your awesome result!!!
  • keenanklk
    keenanklk Posts: 10 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss. The most important thing is how you feel about your self. I think it would make you feel better. There was an episode on the doctors not too long a go where a guy had this done. I think you should log on to the doctors and do a search. They showed before and after pics. His results were amazing.
  • Chupiite
    Chupiite Posts: 55 Member
    Wow! You should be so proud of yourself and good luck with op. :)
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    Wow! You look amazing! Good luck with the operation. I will keep you in my prayers and wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery. Enjoy your new life!
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    You look great! Your hard work has really changed your body for the better and I imagine your health is better too. Thank you for being such an inspiration to the rest of us.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Congratulations! I understand why you want the surgery, but remember you already look 100% better.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    great great great job
  • Congratulations on all the hard work!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Just... wow. There are no words to describe the incredible journey you've taken. I wish you the best with your surgery. You should be so, so proud!
  • sydneyroney
    sydneyroney Posts: 1 Member
    AMAZING!! Great work
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Congratulations! You look great. I am sure you'll be happy to have the skin removed.
  • Nekaboo312
    Nekaboo312 Posts: 13 Member
    This was me on the 1st January 2012

2q00u9t.jpg

My weight was sitting around 36/37 stone (roughly 500lbs). This was the day I decided to make a change and at 27 years of age I was thinking if I didn't do it then I never would. Over the coming days, weeks and months I started going to the gym and tracking everything I ate on myfitnesspal and before I knew it the year was almost over and on the 1st November 2012 I was 16 stone (224lbs).

I basically need all cardio for that first year and have only finally started lifting properly this last year and a half while maintaining an aggressive cut. I train a powerlifting style which is hard when you're in a big deficit. Finally around the 200lb mark and feel and look good.

Although I lost all the weight and do look better the skin is absolute nightmare. My chest and stomach are horrendous looking. Even though people who have seen me naked say its really not that bad, I know they're just trying to make me feel better. Well thats what I think anyway. You can be the judge.

2u7mxaf.jpg

r0ntyh.jpg

33kg9a8.jpg

if0idc.jpg

2jv7zp.jpg

I was recommended by a work friend to check out a clinic in Poland where she knew someone who had great success with similar procedures. I then got my GP to check it out and did my own research and I liked what I saw. I am now booked in for April 11th to have, Abdominoplasty with liposuction, Arm lift, Male breast lift and Gynecomastia Max.

But the most important thing is that I finally feel like the whole fat part of me will finally be gone and I can live the life I want with no fear of ridicule or being self conscious about my skin.

Just showing what is capable with consistent work.

Any questions, ask away!

[edited by MFP Moderator]

• Nekaboo312
    Nekaboo312 Posts: 13 Member
    Now that's what motivation looks like. U look awesome hard work pays off
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Wow congrats you deserve this so happy for you
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    There is a show on TLC called "Skin Tight" that is all about the loose skin people have after losing massive amounts of weight. It takes 2-3 procedures to get it all done.

They seem to do really well. Scars are the price they pay but they have such improved self esteem and don't have the problems of sweating and chaffing.
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Amazing job!! I know those of us with lots to lose always have the loose skin issue on our minds but I think it's worth it if that means living a healthy, full life. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • susiekoeppl
    susiekoeppl Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations, very inspiring
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    congratulations!! you look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!