What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Two compliments on the muscles in my legs. Once in jeans and once in "work pants." I knew I saw more definition, but DANG.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    FloraJL wrote: »
    I have an app that encourages me to get up and move every 45 minutes (otherwise I'll find out I've been sitting at my desk for three hours without getting up once!)

Just now it told me to do 10 knee pushups. Normally, I do pushups against the wall because I'm 300 pounds and floor pushups just ain't gonna happen! But I've been doing this app for a while so just for giggles I decided to try on my knees. I got 6 done! Only one in good form, but this is amazing for me! (I did 10 against the wall just for good measure)

What app is this?
  • Kokodog42
    Kokodog42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was cutting 10 seconds off of my previous best 5K time last Saturday. It was especially sweet because it happened on a windy day and on a course that had a bridge and a couple of other inclines. I'm used to running on flat courses. My time last Saturday was 31:05, and I am feeling confident that I can break that record in another 5K at the end of this month - it will be on a flat course.
  • tipti_mippy
    tipti_mippy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been really discouraged lately. BUT that doesn't mean that I've not made some huge victories!

Several co-workers continue to compliment my weight loss. One lady who I don't even really know grabbed my arm in the hall to tell me how great I'm looking! It was cute, not creepy. :smile:

One of my coworkers was recently logging food here on mfp, and gave me an odd look when I spit out the calories for the snack she had on her plate. No, I haven't come clean, Lol. I'm really proud of her, though, and will let her know that as soon as I can think of a non-awkward way to do it. In case she reads this…thanks for all the nuts! Let's be real, though, she doesn't read. :wink:

I am the catalyst for my work getting sit/stand desks. (After having built my own with boxes and whatnot, haha) So much more energy in the afternoons when I stand during the morning! I've been standing all day... But it's really more like dancing at my desk all day because I can't keep still!

Although I haven't lost much weight lately, I got a fitbit about a month ago and have hit *all* of my goals (steps, cal, exercise, distance, floors) *every day*!!!!

Well…every day except today. I'm sick. The gross nauseated sore and stiff kind. The upside? I haven't gotten sick nearly as often since losing those 40 lbs. Not only that, but I'm not being stubborn to the point of stupidity and I'm allowing myself to rest.

I've still got a long way (60 lbs) to go, but I'm getting there. I've got great support in my fiancé and a few close friends who know about the diseases I'm battling, and some of the scarier monsters from my past. I'm glad that I took the (giant, terrifying) leap to open up. :blush:

Congrats on your NSVs, whoever and wherever you are! You ROCK!
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    New undergarments of both varieties....things were getting drafty. No bueno. :blush:
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    my most recent NSVs have been my trousers fitting looser, passing my personal trainer certification, and a 270kg (595lbs) leg press. that's not been a bad week at all. congrats to everyone on their fantastic NSV's :smile:
  • BlondeNklutzi
    BlondeNklutzi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My blood sugars have been in a good range for three days now. My fasting blood sugar was 99 this morning. It used to be over 200!
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    A pair of pants I haven't worn since before I got pregnant fit. I even had to go find a belt.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    My blood sugars have been in a good range for three days now. My fasting blood sugar was 99 this morning. It used to be over 200!

That is great!!
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    JustHilsie wrote: »
    FloraJL wrote: »
    *Wanting* to exercise on purpose is a new thing to me!

I can relate! I now have the need to go out and walk every morning and i hate having to miss a work out when it used to be torture for me!

So true, my other half and I argue over whose taking the dog out as we both WANT to do it!
  • workin_onit
    workin_onit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    NSV this morning: wearing size 12 jeans for the first time in 12 years!

Okay so they're a little tight and stretchy but....motivating to see that smaller size!!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I was clothes shopping at Chico's and didn't understand their weird sizing. Apparently, size 3 is a 16, size 2 is a 12-14, and I didn't ask about the 1 and 0. :) The woman explaining sizing to me looked me up and down, and said I was a 2, and "definitely not a 3." I was wearing a fleece over my shirt, too, and she still sized me at a 12-14!!!

Also, I have been trying on my smaller clothes to see how long it will be before they fit, but haven't tried on my bigger clothes until yesterday. The sweat capris I wore last in September are really, truly falling off of me. Now THAT is a great motivator!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Next size down in my swim suit! Yippee - can't wait to do some laps tomorrow!
  • happyscruffy
    happyscruffy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last year's jacket buttons up again :smile:

Work skirt was slipping down forcing me to tug it up all day :blush:

I can get out of the bed from the end. I don't have to roll out anymore.

I'm a huge popcorn addict however last night left half my oversized portion uneaten.
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This may not seem like a big deal, but I went out to lunch with friends today, and instead of finishing everything like usual, I stopped when I was full and left part of my sandwich. Usually I'd just finish it off and be really full.

Also down a belt notch from beginning of January!
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This may not seem like a big deal, but I went out to lunch with friends today, and instead of finishing everything like usual, I stopped when I was full and left part of my sandwich. Usually I'd just finish it off and be really full.

Also down a belt notch from beginning of January!

I totally relate to this! After I had WLS, I was constantly having my husband finish my food, then he started to gain weight. Sometimes I gave had the server bring me to-go box with my meal and I divvy up. I may need to remember those tricks. I hate leaving the food behind. Writing this out really makes me realize how much extra I have been eating...
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My NSV is self-care, or pampering... I had a makeup artist come over and renovate my routine. She showed me how to use the products I have and explained how to use my tools and then she did half my face step by step and then I did the other half. I really liked the results and felt like I for sure did something for me! My back story to this is that I was having a lot of body image issues and after my first day of walking, a lot of the self-loathing went away and I was better about what I saw I the mirror.
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was able to do the plank portion of the 7 Minute Workout and held steady with no shaking. WOOT!!
  • LucyVW1991
    LucyVW1991 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My NSV was doing my weekly shop today and not buying a single item of rubbish!
  • Katiedid717
    Katiedid717 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In the past week, three people have commented that I've lost weight, my trainer commented that I'm starting to have some noticeable muscle definition in my arms, and I held a plank for a full minute TWICE
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!