Started Nutrisystem looking for friends!

Options
So I changed from trying to stay within a calorie range to nutrisystem since I do best when I'm on a strict plan. I am buying the boxes they have at Walmart. I did the JumpStart box and now started the home style box and I have to say that the food is so much better than it was 10 years ago when I tried it. If anyone else is on it and would like a friend to talk to daily and help encourage then please feel free to friend me. Lord know I need all the help and encouragement I can get.

Replies

• speedanthony
    speedanthony Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Walmart box arrives tomorrow. Excited to get started.
  • BuffyBourbon
    BuffyBourbon Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The walmart boxes are a good start, but the direct order ends up cheaper long-term. Especially if your insurance offers a discount. You can order gift cards from Costco (wether or not theres' one nearby) that's a $100 gift card for $80, and sometimes on sale for $60. And the frozen food is MUCH better than the shelf stable, which isn't bad at all. Yesterday was my 6mo anniversary on the direct order program and I am really very pleased with the results. At this point i'm ordering the 4 week plan about every 6 weeks, and preparing my own food the rest of the time.

I'm an AWFUL cook, which is how i got in this situation in the first place, so i'm using the Nutrisystem as my safety net while i slowly and painfully learn to cook!
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Nutrisystem is calorie based - usually 1200, 1500, or 1800 calories per day. Remember that you can change your MFP food diary to 6 meals per day - breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, dessert - to go along with the NS program. (yeah, I did NS before.)
  • Texgirl1
    Texgirl1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I literally just ordered my food. This will be my first time trying it.... doing it for the ease and structure of it. Hoping it helps.... I am so tired of this TRYING to lose weight issue I have .... ugh. I see you are doing the Walmart ones.. I thought about that, but I just bit bullet.. bad thing is I have to wait for shipping which they say 4-10 days. I may end up at walmart anyway just so I can get going. I also joined the NS group. I can use support as well!
  • Bella_Francesca
    Bella_Francesca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I ordered my food on Friday so I assume it will get here Wednesday? Good luck to us on this first month!!!
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Good luck to both of you! I'm still going strong at 6 months in, have lost 55 so far! From here on in I expect the rate to slow down some but I do like the food, and it is definitely easy. Make sure you look into your insurance program, mine offers a discount on the food. And Costco sells discounted gift cards for it!
  • Aim4skinnyjeans
    Aim4skinnyjeans Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you! I'm still going strong at 6 months in, have lost 55 so far! From here on in I expect the rate to slow down some but I do like the food, and it is definitely easy. Make sure you look into your insurance program, mine offers a discount on the food. And Costco sells discounted gift cards for it!

Buffy, did you lose weight using NS? That's so encouraging. I started NS on Friday, January 15 and so far, I've lost 5 lbs. I'm hoping it will, continue, but will be happy with any weight loss. I want to lose 50 lbs by the time I get married in October of this year. However, I need to lose way more than that to continue to be healthy. Congrats on the 55lbs, no matter how you lost it.
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Yes, I've lost an average of 2 pounds a week over the last 6 months. Now that i'm incorporating more non-NS foods it is slowing some but I hope to keep 1-1.5 pounds a week until I get down to "overweight". It's definitely easy and the frozen food is tasty. The shelf-stable food is hit-or-miss, but I'm very happy with the plan overall!
  • VK629
    VK629 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started as well! I'm on day 2 of the turbo takeoff. I really enjoy the shakes and food I've had!
  • jacef89
    jacef89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How's it going for you so far? I am on day 1 of my Nutrisystem box from Walmart and so far so good! :) I have to loose 25 pounds.
  • cla8719
    cla8719 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm doing nutrisystem too! I stated 1/14/16 so far down 8lbs. Looking for my fellow nutrisystem people to tag along!
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I started NS on Aug 21, 2015. Starting weight was 244, today's weight 189. I tried the shelf food for about 3 months and then switched over to the frozen food. I've been doing cardio approximately 3 times per week and just started a strength program. Wife has been on the plan along with me and she's down almost 30. I'm on the Men's Diabetic Plan @ 1800 c./day. My blood sugar hasn't been above 100 except for a few days while I was taking a steroid pack. Haven't had to take diabetic meds since September and my last lab work showed NO evidence of diabetes. I've gone from a 44 inch waist to a 36 and from XXL shirts (18.5) to Large (17). So, does it work? Yep. I credit the NS, Gold's Gym, my Up3 and willpower, lol.
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am about 3 weeks into NS and I do love it! I am a mom of 3, 2 of which are almost 3 month old twin boys, so I don't have my time to cook/prep. I am down about 6.5 pounds. Some of the food isn't great, but it beats crap food from a fast food joint or a vending machine. I think my biggest struggle at this point is drinking all of the water and dinner time.
  • ajernbsn
    ajernbsn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been on NS for 2 weeks, and I am loving it! Life is busy, and the convenience of the ready-made meals is a such a HUGE help! The best part is, losing 2.5# the first week, and I am not starving, LOL!
    I do agree, some of the meals are better than others. I just ordered some of the frozen food, anxious to try them. Looking for fellow NS buddies, we can do this!
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ajernbsn wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I have been on NS for 2 weeks, and I am loving it! Life is busy, and the convenience of the ready-made meals is a such a HUGE help! The best part is, losing 2.5# the first week, and I am not starving, LOL!
    I do agree, some of the meals are better than others. I just ordered some of the frozen food, anxious to try them. Looking for fellow NS buddies, we can do this!

Feel free to add me. I'll be glad to share my NS experience with you. You can't lose it all without including the exercise, but NS sure helps you become aware of what is required to change as you work your way down the scale.
  • HelloAgainJen
    HelloAgainJen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did NS about a year and half ago and I loved the program. Its nice not having to measure and count. The frozen foods are very good.

You can get a good deal if you buy the gift cards at Costco. They sell $100 gift cards for $79.99 and quite often run them on a special of $59.99. You don't have to be a member of Costco to buy the online.

I would love to got back to the program but money is tight right now.
  • gidget1988
    gidget1988 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just started NS for the first time 6 days ago. I am 45 years old and looking to drop 40-45lbs.
    I ordered straight from NS and have 1 day left for the Turbo 10 week. I've lost 4 lbs as of this morning and I am looking forward to the total loss on Monday morning.
    I am also starting my training for a half marathon on Monday as well. Didn't want to exercise during the first week until I knew how I would feel....
    Looking forward to losing with all of you!
  • TonyaTX2NYC
    TonyaTX2NYC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week--Turbo 10 and I lost 5 lbs! I have been on WW for about 9 years and have lost and gained the same 100 lbs 2x and as much as I love WW for long term I really needed something to kick this dreaded plateau to the curb and this did it. I was ecstatic this morning when I stepped on the scale! I have to admit, although I am a vegetarian, that the food is really, really good. I live in NYC so the fact that I can just throw my meals into my backpack and go is so great! If you're on NS please add me--I need more NS friends! I'm so glad to see everyone's successes--it's so encouraging when you have to lose, yet again, that same 100 lbs! Looking forward to being Big Losers with you all :smile:
  • Ketomilly1
    Ketomilly1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am excited to see there is a nutrisystem group. I just got my box of goodies today. I work 10 plus hour days so I believe this will work. I plan on starting turbo 10 on Sunday. I am open to any tips for success. I am 51 and want to drop 50.