Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Standing at work

Hello all,

So I work at a bakery shop, temptation behind and in front of me all day. But I was wondering should I add calories for being on my feet all day, 7.5 hours, with some walking behind the counter. All in all I would be on my feet 12+ hours a day. I'm set to lightly active already, but should I add some exercise calories for work?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    no, you should include it in your daily activity level. standing for 12+ hours with the accompanied walking, lightly active might be a little low. Best way to know? Keep it set at lightly active, be consistent in eating and logging for 4-6 weeks, then assess. If you've lost more than you expected, set your activity level higher; rinse, repeat.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    No, your activity setting is meant to already include your normal/everyday work-related exercise.

Give it a few weeks and if you have tight logging but losing a bit too quickly, maybe up your activity level but unfortunately no, you can't have extra calories.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    dcazlly wrote: »
    I'm set to lightly active already, but should I add some exercise calories for work?

No.

Just review your progress after a month and make adjustments to your calorie goal, if required.
  • dcazlly
    dcazlly Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks everybody. I'll keep it lightly active and not add any exercise calories and see how it goes.