Toppings for sweet potatoes?

Options
13»

Replies

• bethjcro
    bethjcro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I top sweet potatoes with kale sauteed in olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper. If want to make it a full meal, I add white beans to the kale.
  • heatherwartanyan
    heatherwartanyan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Might i ask why no butter? Healthy butter from grass fed cows is extremely beneficial for weight-loss and brain and muscle health. With that being said. I love a good lemon butter with salt and pepper. Or you could do cumin and cayenne.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Baked beans and a small dollop of sour cream or some cheese and that is dinner - I love baked sweet potato as my main course
  • ericvillagomez93
    Options
    mrsmknitta wrote: »
    I'm going to try meal prepping this week and want to incorporate sweet potato but I don't want to add butter. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I like to add a little bit of cinnamon and a tbsp of peanut butter or almond butter. You could also try adding Walden Farm's syrup as an option.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I just add salt... yum!
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    A favorite meal: sweet potato w/ cottage cheese over a chopped salad. Yummy
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Cottage cheese. I've heard peanut butter is good, but not tried it myself

I saw someone on mfp recommend pb on sweet potato a month or so ago. I tried it and promptly became obsessed with the combo. I don't think I've eaten this many sweet potatoes in my life as I've eaten since trying it with pb.

I also add a little SF maple syrup so that it's easier to be conservative with the pb.

A recent scientific study has concluded that peanut butter topping is inferior to butter and cinnamon sugar topping. Researchers noted that all test subjects reported feelings of disappointment after supplementing the provided meal of sweet potato with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Black beans and soft goats cheese
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato & Black bean chili is super easy to make, freezes well, and is wicked ultra mega yummy with some sriracha + liquid smoke added in :)

I also like mashed sweet potato tacos with seasoned black beans, salsa, guac, jalpenos and hot sauce.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I love mine with Lawry's Seasoning Salt. Watch your portion though, it's high in salt. Super tasty though.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I hope it doesn't sound weird but I bake my sweet potatoes with olive oil and a bit of sea salt... Cinnamon if u prefer sweet but I love salt on them.

Or roasted pecans with olive oil
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    I cut mine into wedges and use Kraft Greek feta salad dressing (just a drop to coat) and toss them with paprika,garlic powder, lemon pepper and rosemary and bake them. Love the spicy sweetness. :)
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    shredded cheese
  • Tomaraki
    Tomaraki Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese or Greek yoghurt with herbs such as basil ,coriander or parsley or a mix of all three. I also add a touch of salt & pepper.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    For a baked sweet potato.

Heat up some black beans and corn. Add that on then top with salsa and Greek yogurt. I like to have this with chicken I grilled on the George Foreman grill with taco seasoning.