Feel ashamed :(

Options
I was doing pretty well, cutting out Coca-Cola but then on Saturday i got my 1st Tattoo and needed sugar so i brought three bags of haribos and 2cans of coke and energy drink. :/ feel so guilty xx

Replies

• flimbrick1994
    flimbrick1994 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you, i want to make my Son proud of me when he is older and show him nothing is impossible xx
  • VanillaGorillaUK
    VanillaGorillaUK Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    One day is nothing and your human, you can't be perfect. Haribos and coke are amazing too.

Everyone has their bad days, it won't make a difference long term, just get back on the horse.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Times they are a changing. A girl goes and gets a tattoo and drinks a Coke and feels ashamed about the Coke. Why, in my day people got properly drunk before getting tattoos and just hid the tattoos. And they weren't bags of gummy bears. Perhaps some perspective is in order here.
  • flimbrick1994
    Options
    One day is nothing and your human, you can't be perfect. Haribos and coke are amazing too.

Everyone has their bad days, it won't make a difference long term, just get back on the horse.

Haribos are the best for when you feel dizzy xx
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If you live to be 85 you'll go through over 31,000 days. One suboptimal choice one day isn't going to make or break you ;)
  • flimbrick1994
    Options
    Times they are a changing. A girl goes and gets a tattoo and drinks a Coke and feels ashamed about the Coke. Why, in my day people got properly drunk before getting tattoos and just hid the tattoos. And they weren't bags of gummy bears. Perhaps some perspective is in order here.

Haha, im proud of my little tattoo it has so much meaning behind it i wear it on my wrist with pride. Plus i shocked my partner with how i coped but then i have 8 piercings haha xx
  • flimbrick1994
    Options
    biafu1234 wrote: »
    You'll make your son proud!! You're already doing a great job by going after your dreams

Thank you for your support :) xx
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun/wild day. Why ashamed? Get back to it.
  • flimbrick1994
    Options
    If you live to be 85 you'll go through over 31,000 days. One suboptimal choice one day isn't going to make or break you ;)

Omg 85!! Im only 21 haha xx
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Haha, im proud of my little tattoo it has so much meaning behind it i wear it on my wrist with pride. Plus i shocked my partner with how i coped but then i have 8 piercings haha xx

Good, you got that. A couple of cokes and a few gummy bears to make it through a tattoo is a hell of lot better than the alternative. Chalk it up to the price of something you really wanted.
  • MzFit4Ever
    MzFit4Ever Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off the wagon so many times with my eating choices. You can't change the past, all you can do is gain wisdom from the situation and move forward. You are human! ;)
  • flimbrick1994
    Options
    Tattoo cost £40 and sweets and drinks cost £8 (i think) so all in all not to bad xx
  • flimbrick1994
    Options
    MzFit4Ever wrote: »
    I've fallen off the wagon so many times with my eating choices. You can't change the past, all you can do is gain wisdom from the situation and move forward. You are human! ;)

I've learnt stay out of new agents when got spare pound coins haha xx
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    A bag of haribos and a coke sure fine no sweat enjoy that. But really THREE?? That's a lot of gummy bears. Plus Three sugar loaded drinks? Seriously what were you thinking?

On the up side constipation won't be a problem.

Well.,,, Yes you messed up. Oh well it's done. Learn from it. Move on.

One tip that works well for me when I get a killer craving and let myself get cornered by the stomach monster. Read the label before you buy it. Look at how many calories you are about to consume. For me that is almost always enough to make me put down the candy bar, or at least buy the smaller one.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    "Ashamed" and "guilty" are very strong words to apply to a can of soda and a bag of candy, don't you think?

Forget about it and move on. If you expect to be perfect in any aspect of your life, you've got a long, bumpy road ahead of you.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Sugar is good for keeping you from being shocky. I don't think I would have had 3 bags or drinks of anything with that much sugar over a short period of time but I would have definitely had the gummies and the energy drink. Go easy on yourself. Ask yourself, unless I eat or drink crazy every day will this really matter in 10 years?
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You can only fail when you give up.

Draw a line, step over it. Done. Its In the past.
    Tomorrow is a fresh day to try again. We all have days where we could have made better choices and they get further apart thank goodness. The other night I just *had* to have cheesecake. I had it and just upped the exercise the next couple of days

Guess what? The world didn't end.

Next time you get a craving, reduce the amount if you just have to have it.

As we say in NZ "She'll be right"