Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tonight I almost wasn't let into the bar...

risefromruin
risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
...because I look so different from my ID! I haven't really gone out in quite awhile, so I had no reason to show anyone my ID. I went out to a concert tonight and finally had to show the dreaded picture to get into the bar. The bouncer didn't believe that I was who I said I was! He made my write my signature 3 times to prove it. At 98 lbs down, I can understand...but it's still a frustrating/happy experience. Looks like it is time for a new ID! I wanted to wait until I'm at goal weight, but I'm afraid of going out with friends and actually being turned away from a venue. Anyone else have a similar experience??

Replies

• taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    That's brilliant! Congratulations. Getting a new ID is definitely in order.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Wow, that has got to feel great!! CONGRATS!!
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    That's great, what a boost.
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Wow that wouldn't annoy me at all,that's a total compliment!!lol
  • risefromruin
    Haha! I used to have the opposite problem...I had a skinny ID picture and a fat face! For now, I'm carrying both copies with me. :) But thank you, guys! Tonight really assured me that there IS a difference.
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Would have been really annoying if you didn't get in... but apart from that.. WOW!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Thinking about it, I'm lucky all my ID was done during the dips in my yo-yoing. I've only lost about 30 lbs and old friends still blank me!
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    That's fantastic :happy:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    I bet that was frustrating but it had to feel good..Congrats on your huge loss:-)
  • panda_rocks
    panda_rocks Posts: 34 Member
    wonderful! now go get yourself a new picture! :)
  • Nice, that would definetly be a NSV
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    I love it! Congrats!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    It hasn't happened to me extremely yet... but I have had people do a double take and give me a funny look. LOL.

Congrats on the major loss! can't wait to be able to say I have lost 100 lbs!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    That is pretty darn amazing. lol. Congrats and don't sweat it, just get another ID :smile:
  • Zurelily
    Zurelily Posts: 21
    Wow! That's pretty amazing! I have never heard anything like this before :D
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    I had this issue too.. I had to get new ID. It made me feel good and I am holding onto the old ID as motivation :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Woo Hoo!!! Thats awesome!!!
  • risefromruin
    Thanks guys! Valtishia- looks like you and I have had a pretty similar weight loss! It's a huge difference...definitely time for a new ID. It's on my to-do list this week.
  • EliteDeeDee77
    EliteDeeDee77 Posts: 103 Member
    Nice, that would definetly be a NSV

??? I'm new here. What does. NSV stand for?
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Wow, that's amazing, I would not have thought of that! When I've lost weight, I don't look that too differently than I did, face-wise, but then again, I've never lost that much. I can see how that would be frustrating, but man, that's a great sign! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!