T25 success

Options
I'd love to hear about or see some results from people who have completed or are currently doing t25.. Also did you follow a diet plan? How often (if at all) did you modify? Thanks!

Replies

• russellvolk
    russellvolk Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing T25. I finished 2 weeks of Alpha. For me, the toughest workout is Total Body Circuit. I modify a lot there. The next toughest is Ab Intervals. Everything else I'm doing ok. I'm not following the meal plan that came with the program. I'm using MFP to track my calories and micro nutrients. I'm 40 year old male, 6'1", about 214 lbs. I'm sticking to 1,800 calories per day, doing 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fats. So far in 2 weeks, I lost about 7 lbs. I really like the workout because it's only 25 minutes per day. You get in, work hard and get out before you realize you're done.

Good luck.
  • murtthewolf
    murtthewolf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm doing T25 too. It's tough. I'm still in first week. Been dieting since Jan 25 and I've lost 17 lbs. Feel free to add me anyone for questions or support.
  • wankreas
    wankreas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did T25 last year and am proud to say that I made it all the way through. I didn't follow the diet plan and never bothered with the protein shakes (I am a breakfast kind of gal and I can't stand the BeachBody marketing machine). Also, I modified a lot since I have an issue with my knees such that I can't do the jumping parts. Just doing T25, I lost about 15lbs and definitely noticed more muscle tone (especially in my legs/butt!) and found it to be a positive experience overall. It was my first time doing an at-home program, and as positive as my "results" were, I would rather just get out of the house and do aquafit or something.
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear about or see some results from people who have completed or are currently doing t25.. Also did you follow a diet plan? How often (if at all) did you modify? Thanks!

In doing t25. Starting tomorrow. Feel free to friend me.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    OP thanks for asking this question. I have ordered T25 and will begin it when I get back home in a week.

Thank you to the people who reviewed this as it is extremely difficult to find a non bias, non beachbody coach review where they say that the biggest reason they were able to shape up was their $4 snake oil shakes.
  • smay9800
    smay9800 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started today! I would love to keep connected and try to motivate each other if anyone is interested?
  • 50extra
    Options
    Sure!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I did T25 about a year ago and enjoyed it, I lost about 8 pounds start to finish but I wasn't counting my calories at the time so that probably hurt me a bit. I really enjoy ShaunT's coaching approach in his videos. I would honestly say that Insanity did more for me though. It was longer but it is designed with you failing while the video is still running. You get a good push to catch your breath and jump right back in, really pushed me, and I lost 15 pounds total. Both video series are good though, good luck to everyone
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    interesting. i really dislike shaun's approach to coaching. i find his "rah rah" unhelpful. i would much rather have him explain the moves, talk about form, count out reps, transition better into the next move some I'm not always having to look at the video. his "you got it? you good?" are just fillers for not knowing what else to say.

eta: now i pretty much know the program so am able to turn down the volume and turn up the stereo. its fun and hard. (that's what...nah)
  • SWellz
    SWellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The first time I did T25, I got through alpha but didn't finish beta. It was hard because I honestly didn't have 25 minutes of cardio in me, but I improved a lot by the end. I don't remember my weight loss numbers but I remember feeling accomplished and amazed at how much I could do of the workouts by the end of the first 5 weeks. I just restarted it again and am on week 2. Again, still don't have 25 minutes of cardio in me haha but I'm trying. I don't do the diet, but I did order the shakes. Way too much money, but I still have some so I feel like I have to use it.
  • murtthewolf
    murtthewolf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So, I've been doing it for about 2 weeks. I have to modify a good bit, and I was thinking of how I could get the most out of them.

1. I could do each alpha video until I got through the whole thing without modifying. Then start the one month circuit. Rinse and repeat with beta.
    2. I could do the circuit normally, but then just not switch to beta until I could do all videos without modification.
    3. I could just do alpha cardiovascular for another two weeks until I got enough stamina to make it further through the rest of the circuit.

I don't know... Is anyone else having trouble with them? We're you able, by the end of month, to do them without mods? What's my best course of action here?

• alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im on week 5 of alpha Nd i have lost a total of 22 lbs im female 5'6 started at 239.9 cw 217.4 i do not fallow thr diet plan at all i have been practicing portion control lol and have been eating fast food some. Days but trying to stay at a defecit so havent been eating too clean and have great results i have gone from a size 18 jeans to a 12 and from 3x shirt to a xl cant wait to see the end rrsults so far im happy
  • 50extra
    Options
    That is unreal alis, you are losing over half a pound a day and aren't even watching what you eat! I bet the smaller clothes feel fantastic when you put them on.
  • gunrock1970
    gunrock1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So, I've been doing it for about 2 weeks. I have to modify a good bit, and I was thinking of how I could get the most out of them.

1. I could do each alpha video until I got through the whole thing without modifying. Then start the one month circuit. Rinse and repeat with beta.
    2. I could do the circuit normally, but then just not switch to beta until I could do all videos without modification.
    3. I could just do alpha cardiovascular for another two weeks until I got enough stamina to make it further through the rest of the circuit.

I don't know... Is anyone else having trouble with them? We're you able, by the end of month, to do them without mods? What's my best course of action here?

My advice is to follow the program as it is. The modifier is there for a reason and there is no shame in following her. Do the five weeks of Alpha as prescribed by the program. Then switch to Beta and do the five weeks as prescribed. This will stop you from getting bored or hitting a plateau. When you finish Beta, go back to Alpha if you want and see how much better you are. I guarantee you'll modify less that you did first time around.

I did Alpha, then multiple rounds of Beta and got bored, switched back to Alpha and was loads better. Total Body Cardio still kicked my *kitten*, though!
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I actually just finished week 2. Started week 3 today. japuekddsoni.jpeg

Love it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!