• Looking for Friendship! •

Options
23F • 5 feet, 3 inches • HW: 200 • CW: 181 • GW: 140

I suffer from depression. I live in a world where everyone wants to lose weight but no one wants to really try, including me now as my depression has worsened. A few years ago I weighed 200 pounds; I saw a photo of myself and I didn't even recognize my own face. It was a pretty brutal slap into reality. So I went on the cabbage soup diet to give myself a kick start, and I ended up at 160 in a few months. I couldn't get past that hump though, got into a bad relationship, and gained the weight back to 180 pounds. I would really like to lose weight again; I think a lot of my depression is based on my mental image of myself. I try, I really do, but habits are so hard to kick, I don't have a lot of money to spend on healthy food, and it seems like two small meals and I'm at my goal for 1,200 calories for the day. I don't have a gym nearby, living out here in the woods, but I do go for walks. Admittedly, not as much as I should.

I'd like to make some friends though. Keeping up with them, encouraging them, getting encouragement. Just so this isn't entirely based off of weight though, here are some other things to know about me.
- I love dogs and I currently own 4 toy fox terriers ( three of them are puppies ).
- I live in Florida.
- I love Sailor Moon and the Legend of Zelda.
- I play MMORPGs, right now FFXIV and Blade and Soul.
- I want to become more active but I need to get over the laziness hurdle.
- Crunchy food are my weakness. I'm addicted to the texture.
- I'm a college student (so I eat away my stress and boredom. Yikes!)

So please feel free to add me and/or talk to me at any time! I'm very social and open for conversation. Even if you just NEED to RANT about something, bad day, bad week, bad hour, whatever it is. Or if you're super excited about something and just wanna tell someone!

♥ Bri

Replies

• jayla73
    jayla73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend. I'm also a college student and I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to get healthier again too.
  • johnsonbrandon189
    Options
    I have found dried coconut helps with the crunchy cravings. I use NEXT ORGANICS and buy as much as I can afford and keep a bag near me.
  • kec_15
    kec_15 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love dogs too! I have two myself. They honestly have helped me get motivated to get moving cause I just moved from a small town with a lot of land for them to run, to a big town but small amount of living space. I felt bad that they were all locked up so I take them running every day!
    Crunchy foods are my weakness as well... I just started making kale chips and okra chips and they are a good replacement!
  • Randy_Ruminate
    Randy_Ruminate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel you, but what helps me is making a new playlist, lacing up my Nike's and start daydreaming throughout my entire workout. I push myself better when I daydream.
  • Acacia_Evers
    Acacia_Evers Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @jayla73 : What a beautiful name! I'd definitely be happy to be your friend. Suffering college students unite!

@johnsonbrandon189 :I've never heard of that but I'll definitely look it up. Crunchy texture is my favooorite. I'll eat food I don't even particularly want at that moment just to satisfy that crunch.

@kaciecheairs : That's fantastic to hear though. I bet the little guys enjoy getting to sniff around a new area. Is there a dog park there by any chance? Or any kind of part that allows dogs? My college has a park where you can take your canines, but mine are wild animals. e.e; I really like okra, never heard of okra chips (gotta look that up as well). I tried kale chips but they're sooo tart.

@Randy_Ruminate : I love making new playlists but I always run out of music. What kind of songs do you listen to?
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Bump!
  • PTSDUK
    PTSDUK Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi lm based in North East UK, have been on before, feel free to add me, but add a message
  • brotherjake70
    brotherjake70 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Apples and carrots are crunchy. I know they might taste as good but they might help satisfy your crunch need. I will also send you a friend request. The more motivation the better.
  • neesha2014
    neesha2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looking for new friends to motivate and encourage
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Apples and carrots are crunchy. I know they might taste as good but they might help satisfy your crunch need. I will also send you a friend request. The more motivation the better.

Gosh I really need to learn how to like raw carrots. They do have a great crunchiness to them.
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Bump!
  • LunaLatte
    LunaLatte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there feel free to add me! I also love playing games (right now the sims 4) and it also does me in at times. Yesterday for example I was off from work and I spent 6 hours straight playing! That's 6 hours of sitting and occasionally getting up to go to the bathroom or to get a snack. When I started seriously caring for myself I weighed 198, (I'm 5'4) and went down to 135. But then after finishing my masters and finishing off the 1st year working at my career (which I LOVE) I ended up gaining a lot of weight. Not all of it, thankfully, but enough to scare me into getting off my *kitten*. Good luck!
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    135 is a dream number! My god, congratulations on that. You'll be able to get it back in no time. However I want to thank you for saying it because half the time I wonder if it's even POSSIBLE for me to get to that weight starting out so high. And hey, those Sims are SUPER addicting.
    LunaLatte wrote: »
    Hey there feel free to add me! I also love playing games (right now the sims 4) and it also does me in at times. Yesterday for example I was off from work and I spent 6 hours straight playing! That's 6 hours of sitting and occasionally getting up to go to the bathroom or to get a snack. When I started seriously caring for myself I weighed 198, (I'm 5'4) and went down to 135. But then after finishing my masters and finishing off the 1st year working at my career (which I LOVE) I ended up gaining a lot of weight. Not all of it, thankfully, but enough to scare me into getting off my *kitten*. Good luck!

• Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Bump
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Bump
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I can relate on the depression front- that's what made me fat in the first place. It was so bad I almost killed myself :( I hope you get all the help that you need to deal with it though :) I have realised that cleaning up my diet, regular running and psychiatric treatment have eased my depression. I am actually happy now. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    I can relate on the depression front- that's what made me fat in the first place. It was so bad I almost killed myself :( I hope you get all the help that you need to deal with it though :) I have realised that cleaning up my diet, regular running and psychiatric treatment have eased my depression. I am actually happy now. Feel free to add me if you want.
    I'm so happy to hear that for you, Peaches! I really, truly am. It's amazing what did can do to your body and mind and I'm going eating clean will help clear it up a little bit. Keep fighting the big fight!
  • lightcvt
    lightcvt Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hey! I think we would make great friends!

I have suffered from depression in the past, I am currently doing okay now, though. We have a lot of things in common - my dog is my world. :) I am a fan of some anime (Sailor Moon included) and love to play video games.

I'll send you a request!
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    lightcvt wrote: »
    Hey! I think we would make great friends!

I have suffered from depression in the past, I am currently doing okay now, though. We have a lot of things in common - my dog is my world. :) I am a fan of some anime (Sailor Moon included) and love to play video games.

I'll send you a request!

Heck yeah! Dog and Sailor Moon loving? Sign me right up! Congratulations on punching depression in the face.
  • jdgorham06
    jdgorham06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I am fairly new to MyFitnessPal I hope to find friends and connect with a community of people that are interested in healthy living. I'm finishing up my Masters program, so I know all to well about eating quick, unhealthily, and irresponsibly. Please feel free to add me!