2»

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I'm using water currently, but find it can dry out, like it did today in the middle of my workout (damn moisture wicking bra). Looking for something that lasts. I put it on at home and drove to the park, for example, and it was dried out before I got started.
    How does your bra wick the sweat out from between your strap and your skin? Or do you wear the strap over your bra band? I'm not even much of a sweat-er but a minute of cardio and my Polar conducts fine.

Bra goes over the strap. Glad water/sweat works for you. I'm looking for alternatives, so please keep to that subject.

Sorry, I was trying to help. Most HRMs don't need gel. Yours might just need washed or something. Maybe a new strap battery. Good luck.

I was probably reading more snark in your comments than was applicable. Just frustrated with the "water works for me" comments because I've stated it doesn't work for me.

The strap is 10+ years very old and the battery cannot be replaced. Looking to get a new vivofit 2 with the hrm strap when I get my bonus. Another reason I don't want to buy a $10 tube of gel when the new one probably won't need it.
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    dysngrk9h7e8.jpg

I run outside in the cold and it can take awhile to start sweating. Even with wetting my skin underneath, it just soaks up right away. It can take 5-10 mins before the readings are actually accurate. I'm actually ordering some of that Buh-Bump right now (I keep forgetting to look up electrode creme)
    hr.JPG 13.5K
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    KY. It is water based. Makes the contact until sweat takes over.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    spicy618 wrote: »
    Wow, I've been using a HRM for over 5 years, different models and I've NEVER had to use anything more than water or saliva. Your sweat will keep it mosturized.. lol.

Works great if you have no body hair. For those of us that do, an electrode gel greatly helps conduction.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    ZeroDelta wrote: »
    Wow, I've been using a HRM for over 5 years, different models and I've NEVER had to use anything more than water or saliva. Your sweat will keep it mosturized.. lol.

Works great if you have no body hair. For those of us that do, an electrode gel greatly helps conduction.

Thank you.
    Makes perfect sense now.
    OP, sorry if I added to your frustration. BTW, Mapfitness has a bluetooth HRM Chest strap that works on your Phone... no watch needed. I've had one for years and works great. FYI. Great work on your weight loss. :)

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    This is new to me. I use water from the faucet and have never had an issue.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ZeroDelta wrote: »

Thank you.
    Makes perfect sense now.
    OP, sorry if I added to your frustration. BTW, Mapfitness has a bluetooth HRM Chest strap that works on your Phone... no watch needed. I've had one for years and works great. FYI. Great work on your weight loss. :)

Thank you! I will look into the cheat strap you mentioned.

Edit: I just looked briefly and there are a few that work with MapMyFitness. Which brand do you have. Thanks in advance.