5'3" & 124 pounds..anyone else trying to lose fat?

I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 124 pounds. I would love to lose some body fat, yet maintain the muscle that I do have. Do any other ladies, around similar stats, have the same goals? If so, let's be friends:) what are you doing that is working so far? ?

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    I'm 5'3 and trying to get to 124! Was there twice on 1200 day but couldn't sustain it! Arrgh! Trying again at 1400 and doing lots of strength training. Just 8 lbs to go. How much you trying to lose?
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    I'm 5'2 and trying to get to 130 pounds. 21 pounds left to go.
    I don't think I have weighed 124 since I was 25.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    I'm 5ft 1 and 124 is a pretty good weight for me. Maybe just trying lifting weights to shape up some muscle?
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    5 foot 2, 125 currently, we should be friends.
  • leira_T
    leira_T Posts: 45 Member
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 124 pounds. I would love to lose some body fat, yet maintain the muscle that I do have. Do any other ladies, around similar stats, have the same goals? If so, let's be friends:) what are you doing that is working so far? ?

You might as well be describing me! 5'3 124, lots of muscle but hidden under a small layer of fat. I'm having a hard time keeping my calories in check because the amount of exercise I do leaves me hungry all the time!! Feel free to add me, I'd love to bounce ideas around
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 and trying to get to 124! Was there twice on 1200 day but couldn't sustain it! Arrgh! Trying again at 1400 and doing lots of strength training. Just 8 lbs to go. How much you trying to lose?

I would love to lose enough to where my abs are showing 24/7..lol. .i was about 115 pounds then.
  • Nikkimaxim
    kikiboniki wrote: »
    5 foot 2, 125 currently, we should be friends.

Yes! Sending a request. .going to be more strict about logging after the superbowl haha
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    How many calories are you eating daily? I'm really trying to be patient, but my trainer says expect the scale to go up temporarily since I'm eating more and working out more. She better be right because I was 131.2 and now 135. Clothes are looser but that number on scale is causing some anxiety. If I can't take it, I may go back to 1200 and try my hardest to maintain it. Ugh!!!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Similar.
    5'4.5"
    Trending weight is: 123.8 lbs currently (sadly up 1 lb after a bad January)

Currently trying to get my head back in gear. I was logging poorly in January and not as active as normal. This resulted in my trend weight going up a full pound. Hoping to get things back in gear this month.

How much I eat depends on the day. I have a fitbit that adjusts my goals according to my activity level for the day. So some days could be as low as 1200 and others could be as high as 1900 - 2000. I have MFP set to a 500 calorie deficit at lightly active setting and Fitbit is set to a 250 calorie deficit. This gives me a range to eat between. Example today is currently 1201 (MFP's goal for 1 lb per week loss) - 1485 (fitbit's calorie goal for 0.5 lb per week loss).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    20% body fat is where most females will likely show a hint of abs. And working down to that level will mean being on a pretty strict calorie intake consistently.
    Try eating 250 calories less than your TDEE for awhile.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    I'm about 5'3"-5'4" and 125 pounds. I did get down to 118 (abs!!!) while netting about 1700 calories a day and doing some resistance training, but then I broke my wrist and have been eating at maintenance and higher for the last 4 months while it heals. As soon as I am cleared to work out again, I will be going back on a slight cut (250) and starting to lift weights again. I am also a poler and an aerialist, which contribute significantly to my resistance training!
  • Nikkimaxim
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    How many calories are you eating daily? I'm really trying to be patient, but my trainer says expect the scale to go up temporarily since I'm eating more and working out more. She better be right because I was 131.2 and now 135. Clothes are looser but that number on scale is causing some anxiety. If I can't take it, I may go back to 1200 and try my hardest to maintain it. Ugh!!!

I eat anywhere from 1500-2100..i eat whatever i Want on Sundays just to enjoy myself some. I take progress pictures as a way to keep track because my scale hasn't budged yet I can see noticeable differences in my pictures:) take measurement if you can. Dont pay very much attention to the scale. Your trainer is right. Muscle does weigh more than fat. The more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5"2, and 117lbs. Weights is what helped be break below 120.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Talan79 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5"2, and 117lbs. Weights is what helped be break below 120.

I added you. I do lift weights and do about 3 days a week of cardio. 2 hiit sessions and one liss session. How many calories were you consuming when you got below 120? What were your macros percentages?
  • jennayoung1109
    jennayoung1109 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm 5'3" and around 120, wanting to get back to 115. I just watched a seminar by Christmas Abbott who wrote the Badass Body Diet. I'm trying it for 21 days, then will re-evaluate. Her eating program is similar to Zone, basically wanting to balance protein, carbs, and healthy fats in each meal. Might need to increase the intake after the 21 days, as now I'm around 1300 calories. I'm surprisingly not starving like I thought I would be at all, but with working out, I think I'll need to take in more carbs especially at times. Figuring things out right now!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm 5'4" and 129, ive started ignoring my stubborn fat reserves as they clearly ain't going without making the rest of me way too skinny So now I do exercises I enjoy like press ups, sit ups, squats and planks and I do pole dancing classes once a week. Now I've been the same weight for a year or more now, and for the first time in a year my husband said "whatever it is you've been doing you look great at the moment! " now don't get me wrong, he tells me I'm super hot every day but for him to notice my muscle growth it must be working! !
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Feel free to add me too. 5'2 122 pounds.. My lowest was 112 but had to take 4 months off of working out because of a health issue so the weight crept back on.. Trying to get back to the 115 range but it's harder this time.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »

I'm 5' - 114 lbs. - weight training + cardio daily in order to maintain weight (lose fat but gain muscle)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I'm 5' 2" & 116.4 lbs. I was around 120 during the holidays. A year ago January (2015) I was @137. I've kept to my deficit with intermittent fasting (eat my deficit calories during an 8 hr window). It became much easier to stick to, a breeze, actually. Fat has been coming off steadily.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    i'm also 5'3, and currently at 129 pounds, down from 140. aiming to get back to 115, where I was for years before gaining weight. once I'm over this horrendous cold I'm going to start lifting heavy to start getting my body to where I want it to be - lean and with muscle definition. rawr!