Paleo breakfast ideas

Options
ydyms
ydyms Posts: 266 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I'm not a fan of meat for breakfast. Any other ideas? Trying to be dairy free too...
Thanks!

Replies

• Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Eggs with avocado. Seasoned with salt and pepper.

Poached eggs if you are really strict on calories otherwise fried with some extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
  • mollyallen89
    mollyallen89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I sautee yellow tomatos and top with a scoop of chopped herbs ( i mix basil, chives and garlic in a food processor). Add a couple eggs and top with half an avocado.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You know there is no Paleo Police - you can eat anything for breakfast, and for any other meal, for that matter, including... dairy?
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped avocado
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You know there is no Paleo Police - you can eat anything for breakfast, and for any other meal, for that matter, including... dairy?
    +1
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Some people choose not to eat dairy- are you the food police?
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Choosing to not eat dairy for religions/ethical reasons is one thing. Choosing to not eat dairy b/c some restrictive diet says you shouldn't is something else entirely.

Eat whatever you want; just make sure CI<CO. Most mornings I have bacon. Sure, it's not a ton of it, but you can still eat it...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm not even paleo, but I think my usual breakfast of a vegetable omelet would be a paleo-compliant meal.

(Well, unless I add my usual feta cheese and eat it with some cottage cheese.)
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Choosing to not eat dairy for religions/ethical reasons is one thing. Choosing to not eat dairy b/c some restrictive diet says you shouldn't is something else entirely.

Eat whatever you want; just make sure CI<CO. Most mornings I have bacon. Sure, it's not a ton of it, but you can still eat it...

I choose not to eat it because it becomes butt tea. Is that acceptable??
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I thought the difference between primal and paleo is dairy. Am I wrong? I avoid dairy as much as I can since I'm lactose intolerant..
    How many eggs are allowed weekly? I thought I read 6 but that's bizarrely low!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a paleo rule about how many eggs you can eat. And, yeah, traditional paleo would say no dairy.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    TaraTall wrote: »

I choose not to eat it because it becomes butt tea. Is that acceptable??

Hahahaha!!! Yes, most acceptable :)
  • samantha2127
    samantha2127 Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My go to Paleo breakfast is two eggs either fried, scrambled, or baked in an avocado. Plus some avocado and some fruit usually a orange, apple, banana, or a mixture. I have my protein, fat, and carbs all in one go.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sometimes I'll make a veggie frittata (sans cheese) or scramble. I use tomatoes, peppers, spinach and onions. I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but if you like those... throw some in.

I cook the whole mess in Ghee and will top with chopped herbs or a light salad and serve with some berries.