So over eggs! LCHF breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    There are loads of recipes out there for Palo/gluten free muffins using nut meals that are tasty and low carb. Check out Pinterest. Ive tried some banana nut muffins and chocolate zucchini muffins, both of which were delicious warm and served with a little butter
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger. Skip the bread :)
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    You can eat chicken breast for b'fast. B'fast doesn't have to be "b'fast foods." Add some salsa and avocado.
  • makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes (2) 32 grams of nut butter (almond, sunflower seed, peanut) 270 cal, my go to breakfast or snack
  • jemcult15
    jemcult15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    I hear you, I got sick of eggs pretty fast and almost never have them anymore unless it's in a frittata.

This recipe for French Toast In A Bowl is pretty high in total carbs (21) but very reasonable on net (6g) and I enjoy it frequently (I use heavy cream instead of the almond milk though to up the fat)

Also This English Muffin is low carb and GF (as long as you use a GF baking powder) - I usually make the second option, the Paleo one, because I don't keep peanut flour on hand but I always have almond flour. Made, sliced, toasted, then you can make a fantastic breakfast sandwich with cheese and sausage patty, YUM!!
    This. You are amazing! Can't wait to try that out
  • jemcult15
    jemcult15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The problem with yogurt is most tend to be sweetened, even plain, so that's out.
    My goal is little to no bread, and carbs only from veggies and fruits- so less than 50 is what I'm working with. It's hard, but breads are triggers for me, I could live on bread or muffins.
  • Ibeachlover
    Ibeachlover Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Freezerburne....I think I love you lol...BACON ! Geez, eggs are a mainstay with me...then healthiest cereals ...sometimes smoked salmon on toast or rice crackers...but also chocolate almond milk with my "got everything you need in it" powder drink. You will probably find if you have a few alternate days, then eggs are good for others.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    That's what I figured. So it leaves ham, other sorts of meat, bacon, nuts, and avocado.

Try unsweetened Greek Yogurt and Kefir. Some of the sugar is consumed by the bacteria. Greek Yogurt is higher in protein than regular yogurt.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    1/2 scoop plain non-sweetened 100% whey protein powder
    1/2 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup blueberries
    2 strawberries

BLEND THAT SHET

DRINK THAT SHET
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Peanut butter on an English muffin.

This. I do 100% while grain muffins and I slice a Bana in half and slice that in half (trying to keep sugar down) and that adds some sweetness. Yum!!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fruit or berries is a good alternative to yogurt
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Chia seed pudding with peanut butter. Some meats that may not be obvious or quite for everyone... Salmon lox or braunschweiger (light version is only 50 Cals per ounce)
  • geoblewis
    geoblewis Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This morning I sauteed shredded zucchini and a small red onion in olive oil, then added tuna. I like having salmon for breakfast too. In the summer I slowly roast vine-ripened tomatoes with olive oil from my CSA in the oven. They are so good with the salmon for breakfast.

I make my own breakfast sausage http://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/breakfast-sausages/. Can be made with pork, beef, lamb, ground chicken or turkey. Play with the spices to make a blend you like.

I will dice up onion, zucchini, sunchokes, peppers, mushrooms, and saute them at a higher heat so that they get a bit crispy, to make a vegetable hash to have with the sausage.

Soup is also a good breakfast food. I make my own chicken bone broth and store it in pint containers in the freezer. I roast greens with olive oil in the oven, add them with shredded chicken meat in a bowl, then top with hot chicken broth. Add chopped fresh parsley and squeeze of lemon. Vegetable beef stew. Lentil soup with sausage.

But back to the eggs, I eat them a lot. Have for some time. But I get eggs from a local guy whose hens are pasture-raised. Those eggs taste so much better than regular eggs from the store.
  • samantha2127
    samantha2127 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have you tried baking an egg in a half of avocado? I get very creative with eggs. Eggs over spinach. Eggs with various veggies. Maybe try some nuts and seeds with some veggies. Better yet have left overs from last night's dinner for breakfast. ;)
  • ValBFP4H
    ValBFP4H Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I like plain Fage yogurt. I use it as a starter for my homemade. Any dairy will have natural sugar including yogurt.
    To get back to the OP's question....There is nothing wrong with eating dinner foods for breakfast! Chicken, roasted vegetables, etc.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Protein bar + banana is my go-to. Or yogurt and sliced fruit.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    BACON wrapped AVOCADO