• Looking for Friendship! •

Options
2»

Replies

• Acacia_Evers
    Acacia_Evers Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The people here have been amazing! They helped me to concur my cake craving last night haha.
  • lakshmi1313
    lakshmi1313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just joined today :)
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Welcome, Lakshmi!
  • Codthegreat
    Codthegreat Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, feel free to send a friend request
  • cautionweirdload
    Options
    I also love Sailor moon! Is there other anime you like?

For crunchy snacks I sometimes do raw veggies and peanut butter (I'm also not crazy about raw carrots). You can also use powdered peanut butter to save calories. Feel free to add me :)
  • Zmac34
    Zmac34 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    23F • 5 feet, 3 inches • HW: 200 • CW: 181 • GW: 140

I suffer from depression. I live in a world where everyone wants to lose weight but no one wants to really try, including me now as my depression has worsened. A few years ago I weighed 200 pounds; I saw a photo of myself and I didn't even recognize my own face. It was a pretty brutal slap into reality. So I went on the cabbage soup diet to give myself a kick start, and I ended up at 160 in a few months. I couldn't get past that hump though, got into a bad relationship, and gained the weight back to 180 pounds. I would really like to lose weight again; I think a lot of my depression is based on my mental image of myself. I try, I really do, but habits are so hard to kick, I don't have a lot of money to spend on healthy food, and it seems like two small meals and I'm at my goal for 1,200 calories for the day. I don't have a gym nearby, living out here in the woods, but I do go for walks. Admittedly, not as much as I should.

I'd like to make some friends though. Keeping up with them, encouraging them, getting encouragement. Just so this isn't entirely based off of weight though, here are some other things to know about me.
    - I love dogs and I currently own 4 toy fox terriers ( three of them are puppies ).
    - I live in Florida.
    - I love Sailor Moon and the Legend of Zelda.
    - I play MMORPGs, right now FFXIV and Blade and Soul.
    - I want to become more active but I need to get over the laziness hurdle.
    - Crunchy food are my weakness. I'm addicted to the texture.
    - I'm a college student (so I eat away my stress and boredom. Yikes!)

So please feel free to add me and/or talk to me at any time! I'm very social and open for conversation. Even if you just NEED to RANT about something, bad day, bad week, bad hour, whatever it is. Or if you're super excited about something and just wanna tell someone!

♥ Bri

I have a similar story that's in detail in my profile description in where I nearly died and lost a significant amount of weight from a variety of factors and then after I was restored to my normal weight I became depressed from not being able to do the things I used to after getting osteoporosis (not even 30 yet). I binge ate for 6 months and got up to about 200 lbs.

I've found that what works so far is a sustainable diet and exercise has worked for about two months and I'm down to 175lbs now without a crash diet or insane amount of exercise. I just consume two large meals a day of food I enjoy. I strength train 3 days a week and do hill sprints 3 times a week. I guess my advice is find the diet and exercise that is fun so it's sustainable. Having friends to do it with helps.
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    I also love Sailor moon! Is there other anime you like?

For crunchy snacks I sometimes do raw veggies and peanut butter (I'm also not crazy about raw carrots). You can also use powdered peanut butter to save calories. Feel free to add me :)

I've never heard of powdered peanut butter! Where do you buy that?

I usually like magic girl anime haha. Some old things like Pokemon, Digimon, YGO. Haven't really kept up with newer ones besides Ore Monogatari.
  • YLong769
    YLong769 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We love to have you as a friend! I can always so a support system when needed.
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Bump
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Bump
  • staringatthesun
    staringatthesun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hi! i'd suggest reading some of the sticky posts on these forums -- i doubt you actually need to be eating as low as 1200cal! personally i aim for 1500 a day, and sometimes eat more than that, and i'm still steadily losing weight. 1200 is not very much, most people don't need to eat so little.
  • lilla1987
    lilla1987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey sweets, feel free to add me, I love dogs too but am not allowed to have them in my flat
  • Acacia_Evers
    Options
    Hey Staring. Actually some days I struggle to even meet that goal now! I don't let myself go hungry though. If I want to eat, I eat.