How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Every morning... but I gauge my weight-loss progress on weekly basis on Mondays. So, I know if I went overboard over weekend & hence can use the following week to eat sensibly.
  • rim14isluv
    rim14isluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Shonquinta wrote: »
    Mostly once a week, but occassionally I'll check mid-week depending on how nosy I'm feeling.

I totally do that too. I'll weigh myself first thing on Friday and log that result. But on Monday morning I'll weight to find out how much i gained over the weekend. Then on Wednesday I do a serious check to find out if i've burned off my weekend binge and if i'm making progress. I only log it on Friday mornings though.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    Dont laugh....every time i poop! lol

I like to weigh before an after. Last night I was 137.2 before, 136.2 after (TMI? Sorry), makes me feel like I've acheived :D

I weigh before and after pee. It's pretty interesting. Never tried before after poop. ;-)

OP, I weigh everyday. I'm most comfortable that way.
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the same time once a week. There is absolutely no way I would be successful if I weighed myself every day. I need to see results to motivate me. Living for the scale every day would be totally frustrating to me and I would end up giving up.
  • abarker412
    abarker412 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh in too much. I would like to see bigger weight loss than nothing or a few oz day to day but I find myself on the scale every other day or every day.
  • WM916
    WM916 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, and it's helpful. I use a Fitbit scale so it averages your weekly weight loss so I can see the trend. I've actually started to really understand the fluctuations or the plateaus and how long they'll last. I can't do weekly bc if I weigh only on Mondays, for example, I'd be discouraged if that day happened to be one of my up fluctuations and not reflective of my week's work. Daily just works for me.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday. If I remember or feel like it, I'll maybe peek in on a Wednesday. I can honestly admit that I have weighed before and after the bathroom and I haven't seen a difference. But definitely always before I eat breakfast with the same clothes. Every day weighing makes me paranoid and feel obsessive. But I have a friend who feels the exact opposite.
  • davidxbolivar
    davidxbolivar Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but I don't get discouraged if there are gains in my weight, instead I just work harder! :)
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Most days but I only officially track Friday's.
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Every morning at the same time and plotted it on a chart I have taped right by the scale. For me it was a quick little review of where I was and where I'm going. The day to day ups and downs didn't mean anything - it was all about the trends.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but I don't get discouraged if there are gains in my weight, instead I just work harder! :)

That's the right attitude! :smile: