• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. It is a bandaid.
  • CindyS858
    CindyS858 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wendy77685 wrote: »
    So, I looked on examine.com, which I think is an excellent resource for supplement ingredients. After some further research on this formula, I actually came away pretty impressed. They say that ashwaganda has activity for stress relief with as low as 200-300mg.

The same with rhodiola - dosage is, “effective as low as 50mg for chronic fatigue relief,” acute dosing is 288-680. They actually say that you should exceed that limit because then it becomes ineffective (and probably builds up toxicity?). Also, the correct dosage of green coffee is: 240-600mg for a 50% chlorogenic extract supplement, double for a 25% extract.

I found the inclusion of bioperine interesting - its known to increase the bioavailablity of most ingredients, which amplifies their effects.

Reading the company’s website and instruction label - you should be taking 3 capsules/day. So from what I understand it seems that you’re definitely getting enough active ingredients for it to work. I know we’re all skeptical, but maybe, just maybe the company actually knows what they’re doing here. I looked on amazon and read a bunch of their reviews -both positive and negative. While it didn’t appear to work for everyone (what does?), it appears that at least they have good customer service, and they really do seem to care about their customers.

I got on chat with one of their reps who took the time to explain the differences between all their formulas, and they’re sending me some free samples. I will have to update once I actually try them out myself. All I know is that if more companies in the supplement industry behaved in this manner, we probably would not have to be so skeptical about buying/using supplements.

Thank you for doing all the research for me :) I was wondering if you ever got/tried the samples? After going back and forth for a little bit, I have decided to give some samples of these a try before turning to anything prescription, but I was hoping to hear your feedback as well.

I know that everyone is very negative about taking something to help, and I think that it is admirable to be able to get results with diet and exercise alone, but each person has to decide what is best for themselves. I will let you know how it goes!
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Diet pills will fail you. You will risk deep suicidal depression, renal failure, heart failure, nutritional deficiencies, hair loss, and psychosis. Most are cardiovascular stimulates so when you stop taking them your metabolism will crash. This is why most people re-gain the weight.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Don't do it. It is a bandaid.

Except bandaids are useful.
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Diet pills will fail you. You will risk deep suicidal depression, renal failure, heart failure, nutritional deficiencies, hair loss, and psychosis. Most are cardiovascular stimulates so when you stop taking them your metabolism will crash. This is why most people re-gain the weight.

This seems like it would be a pretty extreme case to me, especially if we are talking about supplements and not prescription pills.....
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    So, I looked on examine.com, which I think is an excellent resource for supplement ingredients. After some further research on this formula, I actually came away pretty impressed. They say that ashwaganda has activity for stress relief with as low as 200-300mg.

The same with rhodiola - dosage is, “effective as low as 50mg for chronic fatigue relief,” acute dosing is 288-680. They actually say that you should exceed that limit because then it becomes ineffective (and probably builds up toxicity?). Also, the correct dosage of green coffee is: 240-600mg for a 50% chlorogenic extract supplement, double for a 25% extract.

I found the inclusion of bioperine interesting - its known to increase the bioavailablity of most ingredients, which amplifies their effects.

Reading the company’s website and instruction label - you should be taking 3 capsules/day. So from what I understand it seems that you’re definitely getting enough active ingredients for it to work. I know we’re all skeptical, but maybe, just maybe the company actually knows what they’re doing here. I looked on amazon and read a bunch of their reviews -both positive and negative. While it didn’t appear to work for everyone (what does?), it appears that at least they have good customer service, and they really do seem to care about their customers.

I got on chat with one of their reps who took the time to explain the differences between all their formulas, and they’re sending me some free samples. I will have to update once I actually try them out myself. All I know is that if more companies in the supplement industry behaved in this manner, we probably would not have to be so skeptical about buying/using supplements.

But you're not getting 200 mg of ashwaganda. The "Performance Complex" is 85 mg for all three ingredients. If you took three pills, that's 255 mg. As ashwaganda is last, it is mathematically impossible for there to be 200 mg of it.

You'd really recommend it after reading the one star reviews on Amazon?
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Options
    benboyd85 wrote: »

This seems like it would be a pretty extreme case to me, especially if we are talking about supplements and not prescription pills.....

You have no idea how many people have experienced worse. The department of consumer protection web site is filled with testimonials from former Phentermine users. It would seem that my experience, despite the trauma that I endured, was actually less damaging than most... I will post the link later.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Options
    Some of the over the counter supplements are more deadly than Phentermine.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    GNC gave me a free sample of a "fat burning diet pill" once that you are supposed to take 30 minutes before a meal. I decided what the heck, it was free, and gave it a try. 30 minutes after taking it (when I am supposed to now eat), I felt incredibly nauseous and could not even down half of my meal. The rest of the day was ruined by nausea and dizziness.

Maybe the effect was supposed to be along the lines of an appetite suppressant... which I guess it technically did accomplish.

Wouldn't recommend diet pills.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    However, I checked Liporidex out on social media - and unlike the typical Oz pills, they have a pretty nice social presence. To be honest, I actually liked some of their content. I also saw that the formula has ashwaganha, rhodiola and bacopa.

Because the "Nice social media presence" directly reflects the safety and effectiveness of the product? Not even a little. My 12 year-old-nephew could create a "nice social media presence" for a product.

• bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    In some cases, diet pills that have been studied carefully and considered safe can be a tremendous help. Yes, they work. But most people simply allow the diet drug to do it's magic and never apply managing their appetite on their own. When the drug is stopped the appetite returns full force and they immediately return to their former way of eating. For those who are careful and committed to not gaining the weight back, diet drugs work and in most cases very effectively. But should not be taken long term without physician supervision.
  • Melzine
    Melzine Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    smis92103 wrote: »
    CindyS858 wrote: »

I have been looking into supplements because I do think they could help me, but have no idea where to start. What type of supplements do you use?

I have tried many supplements to aid me with my fat reduction, I am extremely active and have my diet in check most of the times but I definitely see the difference they make for me. If it does not work for others-thats fine, we are all different and all allowed to have our own journey/experience/opinion. My results and careful analysis of my training program speak for themselves, I really don't care what somebody across the country who never met me thinks about it, LOL

Beside my usual fish oil and multivitamin, I use Liporidex line of products-they are all natural and they totally make sense to me, I checked all the ingredients with my nutritionist, who is bit of fanatical about what you put in your body and she did not have issue with any of them.

I have been looking into supplements because I do think they could help me, but have no idea where to start. What type of supplements do you use?

I have tried many supplements to aid me with my fat reduction, I am extremely active and have my diet in check most of the times but I definitely see the difference they make for me. If it does not work for others-thats fine, we are all different and all allowed to have our own journey/experience/opinion. My results and careful analysis of my training program speak for themselves, I really don't care what somebody across the country who never met me thinks about it, LOL

Beside my usual fish oil and multivitamin, I use Liporidex line of products-they are all natural and they totally make sense to me, I checked all the ingredients with my nutritionist, who is bit of fanatical about what you put in your body and she did not have issue with any of them.

• trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    It was simply a question. No need to be so aggressive. I was simply trying to find out more information. I wasn't looking for a 'MAGIC PILL' or anything like that. It was to have a open simple discussion about something I wasn't sure about. Please stop judging and calm down.

I saw zero aggression up to this post. Using the "Don't judge me" card won't prevent people from telling you they think you would be making an expensive and dangerous mistake. There is also no need to tell people they need to calm down. If anything, YOU need to calm down.
  • Melzine
    Options
    I agree with CindyS858 different strokes for different people!!
  • Melzine
    Options
    I take CRL and it helps curve my appetite which is out of proportion due to Meds my only noticeable side effect is I smoke more cigs go figure!!
  • MelyCastillo
    MelyCastillo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like the alli with a proper diet it has helped a little.

Is Alli the pill that caused some users to skid mark their underwear?

Lol I think so but not everyone does it !
    Anyhow let's keep it positive !
  • achocolateaffair
    achocolateaffair Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This has been really entertaining and made me laugh too! But I would agree with most the users. I'm 43 and I have lost 30 pounds the last 6 months or less just by logging my meals and checking into MFP even on my binge eating days! I don't do it perfectly every day but I don't give up and just keep counting my calories and excercising the best I can. And I mostly do only low impact cardio and power walks and have still lost a lot of weight. I have saved a TON of money not buying into the weight loss programs that are out there. MFP rocks!! Fitness is free and for everyone!!
  • achocolateaffair
    achocolateaffair Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great post btw...
  • Wendy77685
    Wendy77685 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

But you're not getting 200 mg of ashwaganda. The "Performance Complex" is 85 mg for all three ingredients. If you took three pills, that's 255 mg. As ashwaganda is last, it is mathematically impossible for there to be 200 mg of it.

Actually - yes! In fact, after following your link and examining them in greater detail, I probably would be even more inclined to. I have yet to see a supplement, especially concerning weight loss, without any negative reviews. Considering the positive reviews for Liporidex far outweigh the negatives, especially compared to similar products, and then the company seems to handle any issues with their product very well, I would still say give it a try.
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Actually - yes! In fact, after following your link and examining them in greater detail, I probably would be even more inclined to. I have yet to see a supplement, especially concerning weight loss, without any negative reviews. Considering the positive reviews for Liporidex far outweigh the negatives, especially compared to similar products, and then the company seems to handle any issues with their product very well, I would still say give it a try.

It is hard to trust reviews for anything these days...