Pole fitness buddies

Options
13»

Replies

• Pole_Kat
    Pole_Kat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Been going going to pole class for 3 months 3 times a week. Have lost 10 pounds so far. But...still get bruises every time I exercise :(

I still bruise, but it is in different places than I used to, haha
  • Pole_Kat
    Options
    NarmaL wrote: »
    Pole_Kat wrote: »
    I've been taking pole classes since January and I absolutely love it! I'm looking for fellow pole-ers to chat with here :)

I also run/cycle/hillwalk/climb and ride my two horses!

Kat

Kat, how did you find your class? I've been wanting to do pole fitness for a while. I found two places close to me but they look so seedy. One of them is an actual strip club I think.

I'm lucky - there are four places close-ish to me - I just looked at their websites and at their facebook page/youtube to see what kind of photos they post and what sort of routines etc they do - maybe go to one class in each and see what you think?
  • Pole_Kat
    Options
    I love to hear of people working the pole. Love the videos they post. There was one, this lady kept everyone posted on how she was doing, she started off horrible and it was funny. But man, the last video she posted she had lost quite a bit of weight and she was good. It does piss me off the negative remarks I read though, some people just don't have a clue

I get a real range of reactions - everything from guys who think it is hot (that usually goes away once I show them the bruises or point out that I am likely much stronger than them..!!) to people thinking it is slutty. I just try to spread the word about how awesome it is - how strong, confident, fit, agile and happy it makes me :)
  • Pole_Kat
    Options
    aeplume wrote: »
    I have always wanted to try pole fitness! There is even a studio by me I just have always been way too nervous to go in there! I think I'm gonna give it a try after all of this positive feedback!

Do it! :) feel free to message me if you have any questions!

• Pole_Kat
    Options
    Velum_cado wrote: »
    I've been doing pole for about 2 years now, and I'm completely addicted. I've lost about 50 lbs since I started, but that has nothing to do with why I do it. It's all about fun, body positivity, performing, strength, and friends! :)

Amazing!! I love your photo!!
  • Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm feeling dizzy looking at all these upside down profile pics .
    Do you ever get guys going to these pole classes? I can imagine it would be a good workout.
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Kr15by wrote: »
    Do you ever get guys going to these pole classes? I can imagine it would be a good workout.

No men in my class but one of my instructors (Michael) is a world champion and has men in private sessions. Some male athletes give workshops at my studio and it's an awesome experience. My 9 year old son is a junior poler.
  • Pole_Kat
    Options
    Kr15by wrote: »

We have crossfit guys in the room next to us - I think they try it out when we aren't here! I don't know any male polers here, but then my studio is pretty small!

• flelliott21
    flelliott21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! Poler here. I've been poling for 5 years, new to MFP! Trying to get back down to pre-baby weight!
  • DStroyNKonker
    DStroyNKonker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started classes about 2 years ago. I live in a smallish city in Eastern Ontario so people were a bit shocked when the studio opened up. It has gained alot of attention since then. I'm into alot of different sports/activities and pole is a really good fit. So happy to see people coming around and accepting that it's not all about dancing on stage in a bar:) I highly encourage anyone to try it out.
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    Hey! Poler here. I've been poling for 5 years, new to MFP! Trying to get back down to pre-baby weight!

You have a flatline Scorpio in your profile too!
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    I started classes about 2 years ago. I live in a smallish city in Eastern Ontario so people were a bit shocked when the studio opened up. It has gained alot of attention since then. I'm into alot of different sports/activities and pole is a really good fit. So happy to see people coming around and accepting that it's not all about dancing on stage in a bar:) I highly encourage anyone to try it out.

Love your profile pic.
  • Pole_Kat
    Options
    So nice to see so many pole people here!! Any more?!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying my classes! At level 3 now :smile: I know I'm still a newb - but this really seems like something I'll be doing for a long time!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Poler in Texas (: took a month off with a broken rib from unrelated injury and then hurt my hand at work so another month off its killing me! I had just perfected my leg hang to jade split transition. Been dancing 3 months
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I started poledancing in 2004, taught for a while at my own studio, stopped after the third and fourth baby came along, as I didn't have the time to teach anymore. My three poles are still up in our home gym, but I've admittedly been slacking on it and lifting weights more and more lately.....
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Poler and equestrian here! :)
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    Well I pole 4 times a week and weight lift 6
  • missyjac
    missyjac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me me me :)