Running Out Of Hot Breakfast Ideas?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• tryasimighty
    tryasimighty Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Gluten free pancakes, 'cloud bread' looks good, those little muffins you can make based around omelettes, stir fry brown rice (nasi goreng-indonesian breakfast) baked fruit with oatmeal topping (like crumble)
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Gluten free pancakes, 'cloud bread' looks good, those little muffins you can make based around omelettes, stir fry brown rice (nasi goreng-indonesian breakfast) baked fruit with oatmeal topping (like crumble)

oh my.. i love nasi goreng.. perfect!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Full English. Sausages, bacon and hash browns all the way....
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    bendis2007 wrote: »
    I eat my poached egg on a bed of arugula, roasted red peppers, a tablespoon of parmesan cheese, and either a bit of ham or black beans. Whole wheat toast with mashed avocado, fresh lime juice, black beans, and some siracha over it. Savory oatmeal is always awesome - instead of sugar you can mix in any combo of veggies and top with an egg if you'd like. And like other commenters have said - you can always have regular food for breakfast as well =)

Really? Sounds like something out of a horror movie....
  • zira91
    Options
    greek yogurt pancake.
    This is my most fav recipes that i made very often. Although i use only 1/2 from each ingrediants stated for 1 serving..
    http://natashaskitchen.com/2015/08/05/greek-yogurt-pancakes-recipe/

I like to top the hot pancake with fruits and nuts, drizzle with honey and served with a side of greek yogurt.. yummy goodness..
  • zira91
    Options
    zira91 wrote: »
    greek yogurt pancake.
    This is my most fav recipes that i made very often. Although i use only 1/2 from each ingrediants stated for 1 serving..
    http://natashaskitchen.com/2015/08/05/greek-yogurt-pancakes-recipe/

I like to top the hot pancake with fruits and nuts, drizzle with honey and served with a side of greek yogurt.. yummy goodness..

You can substitute the flour with oat flour or any flour of choice as well.. :)
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    "Breakfast" in the USA was invented by Dr Kellogg because he wanted to sell cereal. Why not have a steak or grilled chicken or salmon? A traditional Japanese breakfast is rice, soup, and grilled fish.
  • Jmh1762
    Jmh1762 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made poached eggs on English muffins with a 1/2 of orange and grapefruit sections everything came out to 330 calories. I love making poached eggs like Julia Child. Always come out good. uola28ri5ssk.jpg
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    replace your bread with Ole Tortilla. 50 calories for one so you can do an egg/cheese onion wrap easy on calories.
    50 wrap, 70 egg, 110 cheese, 10 onion = 240 calories. add a cutie (clementine) 40 calories for one.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal is good too - In the winter I heat mine up. unsweetened almond milk is my preference. lots of recipes out there.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Egg in a hole with a squirt of sriracha is my favorite. Also kashi blueberry frozen waffles with maple syrup and chicken sausage links.
  • mr1217
    mr1217 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do you like McDonald's Egg McMuffins? This is my version that I call Italian McMuffin....

1 whole wheat English muffin
    1 egg
    some green bell pepper slices
    1 oz. sliced ham
    1/2 slice provolone cheese
    some black olive slices

I scramble an egg in a 4" egg skillet (you can buy one for about $4 or$5) and toast the English muffin.
    On a microwave plate, layer the ham, then the cheese slice, then the pepper slices and then the black olives.
    Place the microwave plate in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds until the cheese melts.

Assemble the English muffin, scrambled egg and ham/cheese/pepper/olive mixture to make your Italian McMuffin.

It's quite good.

Marilyn
  • mr1217
    mr1217 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I modified from a Nigella Lawson (she called it Cheese Cakelets). I call my version Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Strawberries:

Cottage Cheese Pancakes
    1 egg, separated
    1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
    1/2 tsp. sugar
    2 tbs. whole wheat flour
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Strawberry Sauce
    3/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
    1/2 tsp. sugar

To make the sauce, sprinkle sugar on strawberries in a small bowl; cover with Saran wrap and let sit while you make the pancakes. While pancakes are cooking, finish the sauce by uncovering the bowl and mashing the strawberries with a fork to form sauce.

For pancakes, separate egg white from egg yolk. Whip egg white with a fork in a small bowl until foamy. Add egg yolk and remaining ingredients and mix with fork until incorporated. Spray griddle with nonstick spray and heat on stove. Spoon batter onto heated griddle to make 3 small pancakes. Pancakes are ready to flip when edges set and centers start to bubble. When other side of pancakes are done, flip onto a plate and serve with sauce.

I really enjoy this one. Kind of tastes like a strawberry shortcake.

Marilyn

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump, just what I was looking for. getting bored with eggs and like OP I rarely eat bread
  • JSN370
    JSN370 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm always making the same thing. Either poached eggs, Baked beans and mushrooms. Or Vegetarian sausages, poached eggs & veg. I'm not a BIG fan of omlettes and I'm trying not to eat too much bread.. Any suggestions? I know I sound extremely fussy.

Give this a go,
    Wheat, gluten and dairy free too :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSiBeIn7n18
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Healthy protein pancakes, 87 cal each. No flour, uses oats. In the pic I added blueberries, I usually add chopped Apple. I now use real organic maple syrup, not the sugar free crap. I also do 1.5 times the recipe, makes 12, and I eat 3 at a time.

Ingredients
    1 cup uncooked whole-grain oats (non-instant)
    6 egg whites
    1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 packets sugar substitute

1/2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
    1/4 cup mixed berries

Directions
    Mix together oats, egg whites, cottage cheese, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sugar substitute in a bowl until well-blended.
    Heat a nonstick skillet to medium heat.
    Pour blended mixture onto skillet to form pancakes. Let mixture sit in skillet until bubbles form, then flip the pancake, and leave in skillet until both sides are golden brown.
    Remove pancakes and plate. Cover with maple syrup and berries, then serve!

p5xjzponcwm5.jpg
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome little recipe. A little rich though

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/scrambled_eggs_with_kale_and_mozzarella/
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Spinach quiche , very yummy!
  • clhoward6
    clhoward6 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but I have an idea for breakkie for the next few days. I'm going to knock up a batch of Huevos Rancheros sauce with some veggie options so I'm going to add kale and chillies and courgette (zucchini) as I'm allergic to bell peppers I haven't decided whether to add some black beans or not. Then I'm going to separate it into portions. Then I can grab the sauce and an egg and possibly a tortilla and throw it in the microwave at work with the egg cracked into it. I'm looking forward to doing that later.

ETA: I've just estimated the recipe and it comes out to 206 calories per serving. However I need to check this with the scales when I make it.
  • ThickJoker
    ThickJoker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try Banacakes
    bXmeTBWm.jpg

or maybe a breakfast burrtio, you can prob sub the tortilla for maybe lettuce?
    TxR1ynfm.jpg