What did you give up for Lent

Options
TeraGC
TeraGC Posts: 40 Member
I don't normally give up anything but this year, I decided to give up sweets for Lent. What did you give up?

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Neither do I. I'm giving up negativity/negative thinking, but almost failed yesterday due to a less-than-ideal medical report.
  • TeraGC
    Options
    Its easy to get caught up in negative merry go round... I hope everything is ok and it is something that you can work toward changing
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and ice cream for me.
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up fried food ;)
  • Bel4Moza
    Bel4Moza Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've decided to give up my negative attitude towards me! :smiley:
  • not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Gave up giving up.
  • zcb94
    Options
    tac_ur_it wrote: »
    Its easy to get caught up in negative merry go round... I hope everything is ok and it is something that you can work toward changing
    Thanks! I'm okay and look forward to allowing my Higher Power to help change my life through positivity.
  • zcb94
    Options
    I've decided to give up my negative attitude towards me! :smiley:
    Pretty much this for me too. If you want to be accountability buddies, don't hesitate to ask!
  • gobuck3327
    gobuck3327 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ice cream for me. Which sucks cause i just bought some and would like to eat it lol
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Chips! My weakness:/
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Nothing now that I'm no longer a Catholic. I sacrifice every paycheck giving money to the government.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    gobuck3327 wrote: »
    Ice cream for me. Which sucks cause i just bought some and would like to eat it lol

Lol
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I wanted to give up all social networking, but MFP keeps me sane and I need to log my food B)
  • TeraGC
    Options
    Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I wanted to give up all social networking, but MFP keeps me sane and I need to log my food B)

That's awesome, I can't imagine giving up all my social stuff... my job is really boring at times.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am not giving up anything. I am adding more water and a min of 1 fruit AND 1 veggie a day
  • zcb94
    Options
    I am not giving up anything. I am adding more water and a min of 1 fruit AND 1 veggie a day
    I almost didn't give anything up either, but realized that, for various reasons, this is the perfect season of life to practice staying away from negativity.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I don't give up anything, I add in things such as more volunteer work, performing random acts of kindness, etc.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I am trying to be nicer for lent. So I guess in a way, I'm giving up being mean.
    Today I donated money to a charity .
    Yesterday I didn't smack the woman who bumped my Gucci bag with her cart in the grocery store.
    That's all I've got so far.
  • jefishin61
    jefishin61 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I gave up fb. Now what do I fill those 3 - 5 minute breaks with?
  • sassygirl711
    sassygirl711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up desserts.
    gah!!