Sweetttt Toothh!!!

Options
crystalcassarah315
crystalcassarah315 Posts: 48 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Hi, I'm trying a diet for the First time, but i can't seem to shake the sweet tooth i have.. Can y'all please give me healthy recipes or recipes that are better for you of Sweets. Please and TYIA!

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Use Stevia wherever possible
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying a diet for the First time, but i can't seem to shake the sweet tooth i have.. Can y'all please give me healthy recipes or recipes that are better for you of Sweets. Please and TYIA!

You can't
    what I do, is carry around a bags of fun size M&M. grab a bag when you feel the urge.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    make them work with your calories. i have sweets all the time. pretty much every day. plan for them.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You are asking about making desserts?
    I gave up on that. I would make something, and keep on eating. Could not stop.
    Who can make brownies and just eat 50 gram serving? And let the rest just sit there?

I started buying desserts/sugary things in small packs at the store.
    Mini fun size chocolate, 100 calorie packs, frozen 100 cal snacks.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I save calories almost every day for an Outshine fruit popsicle. Grape, tangerine, pomegranate, lime... all around 70-80 calories each and so good!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have sweets every day. I have a huge sweet tooth & work them into my calories for the day. I have hot tea with lots of sucralose, the cheap Wal-Mart tubs of country charm chocolate ice cream only has 120 calories per serving, if you cut a hershey's kiss (22 calories each) into a couple pieces & suck on them instead of inhaling them it goes a long way, light hot chocolate (swiss miss or nestle) is only 20-25 calories per serving. Plan your day ahead of time to see where you can work them in.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I save calories for the sweet stuff that I want to eat. I couldn't live without it.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just eat the damn sweets and log it accordingly. Now sometimes this causes me to go over but usually not by much (about 100 or less cals a day) which isn't killing me, still at a deficit so I still lose, and an extra lap around the block usually brings me back under if I'm really feeling bad about it.

I have probably one of the worst sweet tooths in the world and substitutes or mock versions of my favorite treats just don't do it for me. The key is honestly moderation and self control. Eat the brownie, don't eat a brownie that's the size of 3 brownies though. I find weighing my treats is best for me, and then adding something sweet but healthy with it. Like I'll eat a serving of ice cream and throw in half a banana and if I want the little extra and can afford it calorie wise I'll toss in a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to overcome if you enjoy bingeing on sweets. When I want something sweet I will buy 1 bag and share it with my kids so I don't go overboard (and I hope I'm also teaching my kids moderation in the process)
  • crystalcassarah315
    Options
    I might just try that, thank you!

You can't
    what I do, is carry around a bags of fun size M&M. grab a bag when you feel the urge.

• crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Thank you!
    make them work with your calories. i have sweets all the time. pretty much every day. plan for them.

• crystalcassarah315
    Options
    That sounds so good!
    I just eat the damn sweets and log it accordingly. Now sometimes this causes me to go over but usually not by much (about 100 or less cals a day) which isn't killing me, still at a deficit so I still lose, and an extra lap around the block usually brings me back under if I'm really feeling bad about it.

I have probably one of the worst sweet tooths in the world and substitutes or mock versions of my favorite treats just don't do it for me. The key is honestly moderation and self control. Eat the brownie, don't eat a brownie that's the size of 3 brownies though. I find weighing my treats is best for me, and then adding something sweet but healthy with it. Like I'll eat a serving of ice cream and throw in half a banana and if I want the little extra and can afford it calorie wise I'll toss in a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

• crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Do they have the packages of small 100 cal packs like in a box,?
    You are asking about making desserts?
    I gave up on that. I would make something, and keep on eating. Could not stop.
    Who can make brownies and just eat 50 gram serving? And let the rest just sit there?

I started buying desserts/sugary things in small packs at the store.
    Mini fun size chocolate, 100 calorie packs, frozen 100 cal snacks.

• lionrace
    lionrace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth too, so I have to work at least one or two sweet things into my calories every day, otherwise I think I'd go nuts and eventually overindulge. I don't really like to cook or bake, and plus if I did then I would have way too much and eat it all, so these are some of my favorite store-bought, low-calorie sweet treats that I always keep on hand:
    1. Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow ice cream bars. Most are like 90-120 calories. WW makes a Cookies and Cream bar for 90 cal that is amaaazing, it's so creamy and the top half is covered in a cookie crust that's slightly salty...oh yum. I also really like the WW Salted Caramel and the SC Chocolate Truffle ones. Even the teeny tiny Ben & Jerry's are only like 250, totally doable if you plan ahead and budget for it.
    2. Dark Chocolate. This only works if you have the willpower to not eat the whole thing, but I keep a bar of Ghirardelli dark chocolate and just eat one square (60 cal if I remember correctly) when I need some chocolate. Or you can try individually wrapped chocolates, like Dove. That might make it easier to stop at just one, but I haven't gotten these for a long time so I don't remember how many calories they have.
    3. Special K makes a few things including the little tiny brownies for 80 calories. I keep a box in my locker at work. They aren't amazing, but they're good enough to satisfy my desire for chocolate to keep me away from the vending machine.
    4. Sugar-free gum!
    5. If you have to make something yourself, try mug brownies or mug cakes. You can find hundreds of different recipes online, just put the ingredients into MFP so you know exactly how many calories are in it. If you only make one serving, you can only eat one serving!
    6. I love tea and usually have at least one cup a night. You can find lots of teas that are already sweet enough (I love Bigelow's peach) but if you need to add a sweetener you can use Stevia or Splenda or something calorie-free.

Hope this helps, good luck!
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat chocolate/ some type of 'treat' every day, and manage to stay under 1,200 most of the time. Just make sure you log correctly and your good :) like tonight I planned on having 2 cookies ( package said 29g @108 caloriesx2) when I put them on my food scale they were 73g!! That's 15g over, almost a 150 cal difference. Damn cookies but it still fit into my calories for the day. Good luck on your journey!
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Options
    Aside from tea, another go-to is Pure Protein bars. Otherwise, I just treat myself to some chocolate. Buying it in small quantities every once in a while, as a reward, prevents me from going overboard.
  • crystalcassarah315
    Options
    It has! Thank you so much!
    lionrace wrote: »
    I have a huge sweet tooth too, so I have to work at least one or two sweet things into my calories every day, otherwise I think I'd go nuts and eventually overindulge. I don't really like to cook or bake, and plus if I did then I would have way too much and eat it all, so these are some of my favorite store-bought, low-calorie sweet treats that I always keep on hand:
    1. Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow ice cream bars. Most are like 90-120 calories. WW makes a Cookies and Cream bar for 90 cal that is amaaazing, it's so creamy and the top half is covered in a cookie crust that's slightly salty...oh yum. I also really like the WW Salted Caramel and the SC Chocolate Truffle ones. Even the teeny tiny Ben & Jerry's are only like 250, totally doable if you plan ahead and budget for it.
    2. Dark Chocolate. This only works if you have the willpower to not eat the whole thing, but I keep a bar of Ghirardelli dark chocolate and just eat one square (60 cal if I remember correctly) when I need some chocolate. Or you can try individually wrapped chocolates, like Dove. That might make it easier to stop at just one, but I haven't gotten these for a long time so I don't remember how many calories they have.
    3. Special K makes a few things including the little tiny brownies for 80 calories. I keep a box in my locker at work. They aren't amazing, but they're good enough to satisfy my desire for chocolate to keep me away from the vending machine.
    4. Sugar-free gum!
    5. If you have to make something yourself, try mug brownies or mug cakes. You can find hundreds of different recipes online, just put the ingredients into MFP so you know exactly how many calories are in it. If you only make one serving, you can only eat one serving!
    6. I love tea and usually have at least one cup a night. You can find lots of teas that are already sweet enough (I love Bigelow's peach) but if you need to add a sweetener you can use Stevia or Splenda or something calorie-free.

Hope this helps, good luck!

• crystalcassarah315
    Options
    Thank you!
    I pretty much eat chocolate/ some type of 'treat' every day, and manage to stay under 1,200 most of the time. Just make sure you log correctly and your good :) like tonight I planned on having 2 cookies ( package said 29g @108 caloriesx2) when I put them on my food scale they were 73g!! That's 15g over, almost a 150 cal difference. Damn cookies but it still fit into my calories for the day. Good luck on your journey!

• cottontailsandcupcakes
    Options
    Fat free toffee yogurt and two finger kitkat. Less than 200 calories and worth it.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Give me an inch and I'll take a mile... I'm out of control when I have sweets (Hershey Nuggets were my go to and I'd eat half the bag!)

I have found this website http://thebigmansworld.com/ He makes healthy recipes and they help control my cravings. They do have agave or brown rice syrups in them, which I know is a sweetener, but it doesn't trigger me to eat them all. I've been making the no bake bites. I have a couple if I feel like I want something after dinner.